New here!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Introduce yourself » New here!
sispaz
6/24/07 6:41:27PM
Hi all!

I'm new to the site, joined last week and I didn't do very horribly on my picks. In fact I picked the winner for almost all the fights, except that I chose Manny and Jens to win. I really think Manny would have kicked butt if his shoulder didn't pop out. WTF is up with that? I was really enjoying rubbing Manny's dominance in my husbands face until Manny very unexpectantly tapped out.

Anyway, I've joined this community to play with husband who really has a passion for the sport and my personality is to stay competitive with him in guessing the outcomes of fights.

I do my research and stuff, but I do have some trouble in figuring out what rounds people are going to win and in predicting the ending details. I was wondering if anyone had any tips about what to look for when compairing fighters to be able to accurately predict these paramaters.

Ydoc
6/24/07 10:07:59PM
Welcome aboard.

As for a tip on picking fights, I like to look at records on Sherdog and see what someone wins by most and if that matches up to how his opponent loses. That's the best you can do with some matches where you've never seen either fighter fight. Also, go with your heart (Go Couture!).

Gotta ask, since your husband got you into MMA does that mean you get to make him watch something he wouldn't normally watch, like movies featured on the LifeTime channel or shows on Bravo?
Ultimate_fighter
6/25/07 1:30:19AM

Posted by sispaz

Hi all!

I'm new to the site, joined last week and I didn't do very horribly on my picks. In fact I picked the winner for almost all the fights, except that I chose Manny and Jens to win. I really think Manny would have kicked butt if his shoulder didn't pop out. WTF is up with that? I was really enjoying rubbing Manny's dominance in my husbands face until Manny very unexpectantly tapped out.

Anyway, I've joined this community to play with husband who really has a passion for the sport and my personality is to stay competitive with him in guessing the outcomes of fights.

I do my research and stuff, but I do have some trouble in figuring out what rounds people are going to win and in predicting the ending details. I was wondering if anyone had any tips about what to look for when compairing fighters to be able to accurately predict these paramaters.

Hey u should join my camp.. u look like ur doing good for urself... join TEAM UFC... under middleweights..
sispaz
6/25/07 8:29:23AM

Posted by Ydoc

Welcome aboard.

As for a tip on picking fights, I like to look at records on Sherdog and see what someone wins by most and if that matches up to how his opponent loses. That's the best you can do with some matches where you've never seen either fighter fight. Also, go with your heart (Go Couture!).

Gotta ask, since your husband got you into MMA does that mean you get to make him watch something he wouldn't normally watch, like movies featured on the LifeTime channel or shows on Bravo?

Oh thanks for the tips!

Unfortunately, MMA does not fall into this catergory of "You watch this with me, I'll watch that with you" according to my husband. He believes I like to watch the fights just as much as he does, which is correct (but flawed logic imo).

I've already tried the "but I watched UFC 72 with you" line to try and get him to watch my rental of Music and Lyrics with me :(

sispaz
6/25/07 8:30:19AM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Hey u should join my camp.. u look like ur doing good for urself... join TEAM UFC... under middleweights..

I'll check it out. Thank you!
LightsOut33093
6/25/07 11:25:41AM
welcome 2 the playground
chuckw94
6/25/07 6:14:58PM
welcome and good luck on your picks.