*NEW* - Crocop: "We will settle our score on NYE"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » *NEW* - Crocop: "We will settle our score on NYE"
kastro_316
9/24/08 4:27:59PM
DreamFighters.com

Mirko showed up at the airport in sunglasses at around 20h. Overeem smashed both of his arcades and he has two stitches on both sides. Scratches are also visible on his forehead and neck, but Cro Cop was in the mood for a short chat and said that he was upset that the match had to be stopped because he was sure that his chance would come if they were to resume.
GraMMA
9/24/08 4:31:54PM
Glad CC is okay and both want the rematch since it's such a letdown when fights end like that.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/24/08 4:33:38PM
glad we get a rematch....i can change my pick to overeem now w/out it costing me points

Wolfenstein
9/24/08 4:51:12PM
I saw enough to change my pick to Alistair. Never was it more prevelent in one of Mirko's fights that he is severely undersized. Alistair looks like he has shaken of the inconsistency bug against top level fighters, so I'm looking forward to seeing just what kind of an impact he can make at HW.
gsquat
9/24/08 5:17:01PM
Even despite the nut-crushing, I think Overeem might have changed a lot of minds when it comes to a rematch.
xAcidburNx
9/24/08 6:32:04PM
Im still picking cro cop for the win. half way through the first round doesnt mean anything. that and i never saw CC stagger or look in danger even though overeem was landing sum good bombs. lets hope the next one is much better
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/24/08 6:43:18PM
I had overeem since day 1. still picking him
DoTheMMAth
9/24/08 7:05:14PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Same here... I had my parlay resting on Overeem killing CroCrop. Bah!

Mirko is so damned charismatic and has participated in some of the best fights in MMA's "golden age", but I just don't see him inching his way back into the (currently weak) heavyweight top 10 again

RIP Mirko, you had a good run bro.
jae_1833
9/24/08 7:09:49PM
That's a little harsh / quick don't you think.

Mchubb316
9/24/08 11:23:03PM
I only wish that Overeem would have finished Crocop without the illegal blow. I wanted to see Overeem vs Fedor on NYE.
cmill21
9/24/08 11:28:43PM
I saw some good things from Cro Cop, but again I am worried that he is forgetting his hands. Furthermore he needs to realize that he is not going to be a ground fighter, he will never be a ground fighter and instead of practicing ground fighting(which he has good JJ defense at) he should focus on his take down defense 100%. When he was at his best he was able to keep it up against wrestlers the calibur of Mark Coleman. I'm not worried about Overeem winning on the feet, if Cro Cop let his hands go and kicked the legs more he would have negated the clinch, I'm worried about Overeem getting him down and grinding one out. I'm still concerned that Cro Cop had 2 knee braces on, I have not heard about that one yet.
xAcidburNx
9/25/08 12:54:55AM

Posted by cmill21

I saw some good things from Cro Cop, but again I am worried that he is forgetting his hands. Furthermore he needs to realize that he is not going to be a ground fighter, he will never be a ground fighter and instead of practicing ground fighting(which he has good JJ defense at) he should focus on his take down defense 100%. When he was at his best he was able to keep it up against wrestlers the calibur of Mark Coleman. I'm not worried about Overeem winning on the feet, if Cro Cop let his hands go and kicked the legs more he would have negated the clinch, I'm worried about Overeem getting him down and grinding one out. I'm still concerned that Cro Cop had 2 knee braces on, I have not heard about that one yet.

he just went through surgery so more than likely they havnt healed properly yet. think i read an interview with him saying his knee was injured so when he was on the ground and trying to get overeem off he couldnt put enough power into it.
MMAcca
9/25/08 1:11:15AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Ditto
Jimbo
9/25/08 3:36:16AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Ditto

yeh same

OVEREEM FTW
dmfp
9/25/08 6:24:06AM
Alistar looked good, alltough he allways looks good in the begining of fights.
He wont keep that phase wen hes gased!
tooly236
9/25/08 12:39:44PM
My money is still on Mirko, every fight that Overeem is in he dominates at the start, then tires, then goes to sleep. Mirko wins in the rematch.
Rush
9/25/08 6:26:54PM
I haven't seen the fight yet, but it sounds as if Overeem played all his cards and Cro Cop didn't. I don't know for sure, but I get the impression CroCop will have an easier time modifying his game plan for part 2.