Nevada State Athletic Commission Confirms Positive Test at UFC 143

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nevada State Athletic Commission Confirms Positive Test at UFC 143
Next Page »
emfleek
2/9/12 1:17:39PM
Feb 9, 2012 - The Nevada State Athletic Commission has confirmed that someone tested positive for a banned substance in drug testing at UFC 143. What has not yet been confirmed is who that someone was, or what that substance was.

In an e-mail to the media sent on Thursday, Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer acknowledged that there has been great sustained interest in knowing what the results of drug tests were at UFC 143, and he confirmed that someone tested positive. But he declined to elaborate further than that.

"Thank you for the many email and phone calls. I am still waiting for all the steroid and drug test results to come back. We did have at least one positive test. I will send out an email later today on that matter," Kizer said in his e-mail, in which the word "many" was bolded.

LINK
FastKnockout
2/9/12 1:18:31PM
Here we go.

Bubbles
2/9/12 1:21:51PM
*crosses fingers* please be Alex Caceres

#wishfulthinking
lohmann
2/9/12 1:38:22PM
My guess? Roy Nelson.
gartface
2/9/12 1:53:00PM

Posted by lohmann

My guess? Roy Nelson.

Big Country!? I couldn't imagine him on steroids or drugs for some reason.
Poor_Franklin
2/9/12 2:00:38PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by lohmann

My guess? Roy Nelson.

w/ all that hair on his head & face & that gut being so big & you cant imagine him smoking pot?
emfleek
2/9/12 2:08:08PM
Big Country tested positive for vegetables.
ghandikush
2/9/12 2:08:28PM
I heard it was Nick Diaz again for herb.
Poor_Franklin
2/9/12 2:16:20PM

Posted by emfleek

spit up my gatorade.
gartface
2/9/12 2:20:33PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by emfleek

spit up my gatorade.

airkerma
2/9/12 2:27:51PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by gartface

Posted by lohmann

My guess? Roy Nelson.

w/ all that hair on his head & face & that gut being so big & you cant imagine him smoking pot?

Yeah bro, he needs that medical grade stuff to help put on and keep on mass (can't use the word mass like that without thinking of mac from always sunny)
emfleek
2/9/12 2:31:18PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by emfleek

spit up my gatorade.

I can't take credit for it. Someone posted it on Twitter. Cracked me up.
TheCatFather
2/9/12 2:47:53PM
I'm thinking its Nick Diaz for Cannabis tea, how else was he able to sit there and do all that UFC Primetime stuff without killing someone lol

Check Out The Tweet From SI reporter
prophecy033
2/9/12 2:50:27PM
If it is in fact Diaz, he gets nob of the year
BuffaloDave
2/9/12 3:26:25PM
I think we all can assume who the culprit is, How crazy would it be if it was Condit though, that tested positive, and that's why Gracie couldn't/wouldn't talk about it. That would be some shit!!
machodog76
2/9/12 3:28:57PM
No comment = yes.
FastKnockout
2/9/12 3:32:21PM
My guess? Werdum.
Budgellism
2/9/12 3:39:14PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by gartface

Posted by lohmann

My guess? Roy Nelson.

I'd like to smoke with Big Country

On a serious note though, I'm hoping it's someone like Riddle and not one of the main carders. This is such a tease of a news story. I'll be checking every half an hour until it's posted now.
machodog76
2/9/12 3:41:09PM

Posted by FastKnockout

My guess? Werdum.

why?
jay98107
2/9/12 3:45:32PM

Posted by ghandikush

I heard it was Nick Diaz again for herb.

You heard this? Or simply jumped to the conclusion?
pmoney
2/9/12 3:50:47PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I think we all can assume who the culprit is, How crazy would it be if it was Condit though, that tested positive, and that's why Gracie couldn't/wouldn't talk about it. That would be some shit!!

I was leaning towards Diaz or Condit for that reason.

I won't be shocked, no matter who it is. If it's a bantamweight I'll laugh.
emfleek
2/9/12 3:50:48PM

Posted by jay98107

You heard this? Or simply jumped to the conclusion?

No one has come out and actually said it but the 'rumor' has been circulating since late yesterday...
grappler0000
2/9/12 3:53:12PM

Posted by FastKnockout

My guess? Werdum.

That would be my second guess. Just a guess though, nothing more.
tcunningham
2/9/12 3:58:14PM
if its barao of werdum it would be seriously detrimental to their careers. werdum just coming back and looking good against big country, and barao being surrounded by all the hype.
emfleek
2/9/12 4:00:23PM
I'm going to bet the house on 3 of my favorite numbers. 2, 0 and 9.
jjeans
2/9/12 4:01:06PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by FastKnockout

My guess? Werdum.

That would be my second guess. Just a guess though, nothing more.

Same, my second guess would be Wedrum, not falsely accusing a guy, just an assumption, he was just so good and looked so strong!
Kpro
2/9/12 4:38:49PM
Well generally they test the 4 in the main and co-main and the winners, so that narrows us from 22 to 13
lohmann
2/9/12 4:49:36PM

Posted by Kpro

Well generally they test the 4 in the main and co-main and the winners, so that narrows us from 22 to 13

Oh! It must be Figueroa then.
Kpro
2/9/12 4:56:36PM
Since we're all just randomly speculating on over half the fighters there, here's a new one for you. Condit had a chest cold for 2 weeks leading up to the fight,,, Advil and most other name brand daytime or nightime cold & sinus over the counter medications can pop you positive for pseudoephedrine (although there are conflicting opinions on if pseudo shows clean and just the regular ephedrine pops dirty, pseudo may be clean now). Even a synephrine nasal spray for nasal & sinus congestion will pop you dirty though. Just giving an example of an OTC case where we know the fighter had a chest cold, and the possibility. Wouldn't that be a shitty way to fail a drug test.

Here's how easy it is to fail a drug test and face a one year suspension if you don't know what's on the banned substance list. LINK
Poor_Franklin
2/9/12 5:18:04PM
so when is this happening....
Pages: [1] 2