UFC on Network TV: Dana says deal within 6 months

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on Network TV: Dana says deal within 6 months
babytater03
4/23/08 2:36:59PM
Source

Last week in an interview with the Canada's The Score, when asked about the UFC following EliteXC onto network television, UFC President Dana White said "we'll have a network television deal very soon." When pressed for a time frame, White said within six months.
Mchubb316
4/23/08 2:39:35PM
I hope this is true. Then again I believe we have heard this before.
Bemin
4/23/08 2:56:42PM
I'll believe it when it's signed. Every time Dana predicts something like this a la signing Fedor, being on ESPN etc etc, it never seems to happen.
billycarnage
4/23/08 3:02:37PM
Yeah same here. I'll believe it when I see it.

Bemin your avatar is sick!
jgtribbett
4/23/08 7:16:08PM
that would be remarkable .. but will UFC really want to give up money like that?
d_block07
4/23/08 8:16:17PM

Posted by Bemin

I'll believe it when it's signed. Every time Dana predicts something like this a la signing Fedor, being on ESPN etc etc, it never seems to happen.

thank you. Dana wont want to give up production control. thats why all the other deals have fallen through
roadking95th
4/23/08 11:54:57PM
Hopefully, the UFC sees that they need this deal. There are two reasons. The first, and least needed, is they have to worry about another promotion stealing the new fans. This could open up another swarm of fans like TUF did. The second reason, and the one I feel is most important, they need new streams of revenue. They have 200 fighters under contract. They can't do enough PPV's. I am sure they break even or lose money when they do free events on Spike. MMA on Network TV could open large amounts of cash, at least more than they can get from Spike.