Nets, Hawks in Joe Johnson talks, sources say

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Nets, Hawks in Joe Johnson talks, sources say
prophecy033
7/1/12 7:02:34PM
The Brooklyn Nets and Hawks are engaged in ongoing talks on a multiplayer deal that would send several expiring contracts to the Atlanta for All-Star guard Joe Johnson, according to sources briefed on the discussions.

But sources told ESPN.com that the Nets fear that they'll be surrendering too much financial flexibility in the trade as currently structured, which has placed the deal in jeopardy.

Another big stumbling block, sources said, is Atlanta's insistence that Brooklyn include promising Nets guard MarShon Brooks in the trade.

Sources say that the Nets, furthermore, will only go ahead with this trade if they know that Deron Williams -- this summer's No. 1 free agent -- has verbally committed to re-signing with Brooklyn.

The most recent proposal, sources said, would call for the Nets to send the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow and Jordan Williams to the Hawks in exchange for Johnson.

Link
BuffaloDave
7/1/12 7:13:58PM
Gonna be interesting to see who out of the 3 Williams,Johnson,Howard

I say they get two out of the 3. Most likely D-Will and Howard.

If I was the GM I'd rather trade for Howard than Johnson, way more value out of Howard, and he would help loads more than Johnson.