'Nervous' Tito explains bungled press conference

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'Nervous' Tito explains bungled press conference
SmileR
2/18/13 9:52:55PM
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion, Tito Ortiz, was undoubtedly a great mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter during his tenure with the promotion.

Now that he's turned his attention to the management side of the business, he, admittedly, has some work to do when it comes to his public speaking skills. A tongue-tied Tito admitted on "The MMA Hour" he was rather nervous having to go live and says the stresses of setting up the press conference all by his lonesome only added to the pressure.

"Yes, I'm happy, just because I wanted to let (everyone) know the future of Cris Cyborg and what she is going to be doing. That was my main goal, just letting people know what she is going to be doing. But, in general? No, not really. I think I got some work to do, but, you know, (I) set up the whole press conference myself, literally. From the stage, the podium to the banners to the PR, press, everything, the people being there, I kind of put a little too much on my plate. And to go live TV on AXS television, this is as nervous as I've ever been with anything I've ever done with anything about mixed martial arts and I was so nervous because instead of holding my career, I'm holding someone else's career. I'll get better in time, as Dana White said. I'll get better. I just got to do a little more work and just make sure to get more comfortable on live television. I'm just so used to doing it during fights. You don't have nervousness after fights because your emotions are high. But making sure you say the right things for people to understand you, it's going to take a little work for me I guess. It's just time for me to slow down and explore exactly what I'm trying to say. It's going to take work and I will get better."

Link
grappler0000
2/18/13 10:08:51PM
Tito makes Ron Burgundy sound like Tony Robbins.
BeeR
2/19/13 6:02:08AM
Classic excuse making Tito
emfleek
2/19/13 9:28:17AM
"I had a bulging L5, fractured femur, strained calf, twisted knee, and a sprained vagina going in to that press conference. But I still went out and performed for the fans because that's what a guy with heart does!"
airkerma
2/19/13 10:09:34AM
Are we really still doing this "People's champion" shtick?
grappler0000
2/19/13 10:25:42AM

Posted by airkerma

I thought Tito was the only one saying it, so I was extremely disappointed when I saw it mentioned in the article.
SmileR
2/19/13 11:00:43AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by airkerma

I thought Tito was the only one saying it, so I was extremely disappointed when I saw it mentioned in the article.

I hate when people try to give themselves nicknames!
grappler0000
2/19/13 11:31:01AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by airkerma

Especially when they don't even make sense. Who are these "people" that it refers to?
airkerma
2/19/13 11:36:56AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by airkerma

Especially when they don't even make sense. Who are these "people" that it refers to?

I'm not sure who they are, but I know that I, Biceps McAwesomeface, am not part of that subset.
BillsNewAccount
2/19/13 11:42:10AM
This story is too upsurd for words. If I ever become a professional fighter I want Jose Conseco and Tito to manage me.
Chael_Sonnen
2/19/13 7:24:37PM
Is it me or does Tito sound like he's always gurgling Jenna-juice when spewing?

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1