Anyone nervous about Irvin-Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone nervous about Irvin-Silva
BigDouchin
7/18/08 3:35:14PM
I just noticed that Silva looked very slow in his training videos and Irvin looked much bigger, does anyone else think that Silva's going to have a tough time with irvin? Irvin has been the underdog time and time again and put on dazzling knockouts in seconds. For example, Houston Alexander, who had a tough loss before Irvin but is still one of the best P4P fighters around, It only took Irvin EIGHT seconds to knock him out!! I think that Irvin is going to take it to silva and pose a very big threat if silva takes him lightly
king_katool
7/18/08 3:40:17PM

Posted by BigDouchin

I just noticed that Silva looked very slow in his training videos and Irvin looked much bigger, does anyone else think that Silva's going to have a tough time with irvin? Irvin has been the underdog time and time again and put on dazzling knockouts in seconds. For example, Houston Alexander, who had a tough loss before Irvin but is still one of the best P4P fighters around, It only took Irvin EIGHT seconds to knock him out!! I think that Irvin is going to take it to silva and pose a very big threat if silva takes him lightly

are you sayin houston alexander is one of the best P4P fighters around?? thats how it reads and just made me drop to the floor LMFAO
SmileR
7/18/08 3:41:00PM

Posted by BigDouchin
For example, Houston Alexander, who had a tough loss before Irvin but is still one of the best P4P fighters around, It only took Irvin EIGHT seconds to knock him out!!

NatedawgThaM
7/18/08 4:04:40PM
I'm really nervous. Irvin is no joke by any means. If he hits you in the right spot, your going out and Anderson has been KO'd before in boxing but that was about 10 years ago or something like that but it still proves he can be KO'd. Since almost everybody can, that''s common sense and Irvin could as well be the guy to do it.

I just don't trust Irvin's ground game enough. He has good takedowns but after the takedown I don't think he's very good so once Irvin takes him down which I think he will after he gets rocked, a triangle or armbar will be coming. Not to mention Anderson is probably the deadliest striker in MMA with a perfect combination of speed, power, and pin point accuracy.

I'm nervous but I think Anderson Silva will pull through. He'll get Irvin's timing down like he does everybody else and I still believe he finishes him by the end of the 1st.
AchillesHeel
7/18/08 4:06:14PM
Silva by 1st-round (T)KO.
BigDouchin
7/18/08 4:08:10PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by BigDouchin

are you sayin houston alexander is one of the best P4P fighters around?? thats how it reads and just made me drop to the floor LMFAO

ok ok, not one of the pound for pound best but still really ******* good
postman
7/18/08 4:23:28PM
Houston is either going to knock you out or be knocked out. I don't think he is that great of a fighter at all. Anderson will be just fine.
loller90278
7/18/08 4:37:22PM
BigDouchin
7/18/08 4:40:43PM

Posted by loller90278

loller, so far you've put that troll icon on every person's opinion that was different than yours, at first I thought you were just trying to get people in trouble but now i see that you're just a bigot. anyone's opinion that differs from your own is a troll
billycarnage
7/18/08 4:41:39PM

Posted by postman

Houston is either going to knock you out or be knocked out. I don't think he is that great of a fighter at all. Anderson will be just fine.

So he's like the LHW version of James "Colossus" Thompson?
With better cardio and 2 good ears of course.
sleevey
7/18/08 4:59:27PM
I just can't believe all these people are sleeping on the sandman. This truley is not a good matchup for Anderson he is now for the first time in the UFC the smaller fighter. The one thing he does better than Irvin in the standup is his strait punches with some decent power and deceptivly fast. IMO Irvin's hand speed After this weekend the hype machine of Silva will slow down a lil bit fighting a 20 pound weight difference is huge. Like it or not Irvin has a lil crisper strikes and will stop the takedown. He had the better of Thiago until his knee went out. Irvin round 2 KO.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/18/08 5:15:57PM
honestly, i get nervous during all big fights
RNC
7/18/08 5:16:09PM
Silva will dictate the pace and fight the fight he wants to. He's always done it and this will be no different. The fight will start out with Silva dancing around, Irvin will get confident because he hasn't took much damage, then before he knows it hes on the ground and its "who's next".

I'll avatar bet with anyone.
loonytnt
7/18/08 5:17:28PM
silva will lose this fight imo, 205 is going to be to much and the sandman has nothing to lose, i fighter with nothin to lose is deadly, silva has everything to lose
hathcock32
7/18/08 5:20:22PM

Posted by sleevey

I just can't believe all these people are sleeping on the sandman. This truley is not a good matchup for Anderson he is now for the first time in the UFC the smaller fighter. The one thing he does better than Irvin in the standup is his strait punches with some decent power and deceptivly fast. IMO Irvin's hand speed After this weekend the hype machine of Silva will slow down a lil bit fighting a 20 pound weight difference is huge. Like it or not Irvin has a lil crisper strikes and will stop the takedown. He had the better of Thiago until his knee went out. Irvin round 2 KO.

James Irvin is really not much bigger than Rich Franklin ....Frankilin is a big man.....he walks around somewhere near 210. Nate Marquardt was also larger than Anderson now that i think about it.
keith-hackney1
7/18/08 6:04:43PM
Personally, i feel this decision to put together a rush job UFC card to compete on ppv the same night as affliction is a stupid move by dana and could potentially make the UFC a laughing stock, if the current best UFC P4P champ gets ko'd by a non ranked LHW. I like silva, he is a great champ and a very respectful man. But irvin will go for broke, if he ko's silva, OMG the shit will hit the fan. I have predicted silva to win in the 1st round but i would love to have irvin prove my bet wrong with an upset.
Quasar
7/18/08 6:06:04PM

Posted by BigDouchin

what a shock your banned already thats gotta be a record, 4 posts
Poohbah
7/18/08 6:20:21PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

I thought it was just me! I get all tingly when the adrenaline starts flooding. Has to be a big, meaningful match. Chuck/Tito and Couture/Timmy for example.
MMA
7/18/08 6:31:58PM
Even though I'm a fan of Silva and not really a fan of Irvin's, I want Irvin to win. Reason? I'm bored of watching Silva win all the time.
Korsakov
7/18/08 6:39:36PM
um, no offense to irvin but he is one of the worst fighters in the UFC.

he has a puncher's chance + weight advatange so he could pull the upset. with that said, anderson will win.
JBatch
7/18/08 8:56:31PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Same here, but I am an absolute wreck when GSP fights. I will have big nerves going on when Fedor and Tim are looking across the ring at each other.
MuSh
7/19/08 10:53:50AM
silva been one of my favorite fighters to watch for a while now but for some reason i've also been hoping for irvin to KO silva. that would be awsome. i'm a little nervous cuz irvin came in at 207.5lb and needed to cut more weight. i'm thinking this could affect him in the fight and he doesnt need anything going against him when fighting someone like silva.

irvin does have some nice highlight reel KOs but i dont think he is that great of a fighter. either way i'm roooting for the upset...
Meg
7/19/08 11:14:41AM

Posted by JBatch
Same here, but I am an absolute wreck when GSP fights.

Oh yeah I definitely feel that.

Can't say I'm nervous tonight. "Stoked" may be a better term to use here. I thoroughly enjoy the events that I don't freak the F out over.
mkiv9secsupra
7/19/08 11:25:21AM

Posted by Korsakov

um, no offense to irvin but he is one of the worst fighters in the UFC.

ummm, Terry Martin and Houston Alexander would have to disagree. He lacks a good ground game but his strikes are powerful and accurate(when hes not brawling anyways) and at any time in this fight Silva could get KTFO.
blkssncpt
7/19/08 12:42:18PM
well i've been a fan of Irvin's for a while and i have never counted him out and i wont do it now even against the #1 P4P fighter. Anderson is way more technical(sp) and even tho his pounches dont look to have much power behind them becuase he's so technical he puts them where thier suppose to land and they connect with great power behind them. but as mentioned before Irvin has nothing to lose and Anderson has everything to lose. Irvin has good crisp strikes with rediculous power behind all of them and everyone underestimates has striking abilities. i have faith that Irvin's strikes and power will keep Anderson away and will make him really think before he comes in on Irvin. also i think when Irvin connects on Anderson he will be hit and stay hit, i dont think he will recover that fast. anyways NO im not vervous about tonite, i know Irvin is gonna come out and out a great show and so will Silva.

sorry for the rant.

WAR SANDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-Rob