Nervous condition

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Nervous condition
shs101
1/8/09 7:04:57PM
Alright here it is..
I would say im pretty experienced in grappling, won a few competitions competed alot.. No nervousness, little jitters, but the normal ones..
Wrestling season starts (first year) .. Ive never been so nervous in my life.. Yeah i dont know why, maybe its my first year? But these aren"t normal jitters.. Ive been getting severely nervous my past few meets,duals,etc.. To the point where i just want t leave and the one time i did..
No quitting is not an anwser..
I was wondering if ANYONE , could explain some stuff i can do. Listen to music and try not to think about it, really doesn't work..
Anyone have any natural remedies or anything i could do to get through my wrestling season..

Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED..

Thanks, shs101
aaa9erh8er
1/8/09 7:18:15PM
man my senior year in hsi was varsity captainman right before my first meet i was ******* nervous man i mean skin crawling and throwing up all over the place it wasnt good. i was such a mess i got pinned in 45 seconds it was my first loss let alone my first pin i was crushed. the next tuorny was at home in my house i was the captian coming off my first loss our team was 0-1in dual meets with our conference this was the pressure cooker man. i was so wreked right before all i could do to relax was go out side breath the cool air and clear my head and just zone out man you just gotta loose it. go in there not afraid to loose and well win bro
loller90278
1/8/09 7:34:03PM
drink the nervousness away

im just joking

the best way (for me at least) is to jump in with both feet. im usually really nervous right before i do something but as soon as i do it all goes away. and i think of the fact that if im nervous, everyone around me is nervous as well -- so that helps. my best advice to you is just practice your wrestling and all will be well.
decken
1/9/09 12:54:34AM
First of all it is okay to be nervous! Next identify why you are nervous. If you are anything like I was back when I wrestled I got nervous because I was scared of loosing. This is a perfectly natural reaction and there are several things you can do to combat it. First of all get in the mindset of wrestling to win. Not wrestling to not lose. It is also very helpful to visualize your matches in your head. Thirdly time and experience will help you. And my last piece of advise is talk to your coach about it. If you have a good coach he should be able to help you overcome any problem you face in your wrestling career. I hope this is helpful and wish you the best of luck!
wiggum
1/9/09 10:43:05AM

Posted by loller90278

drink the nervousness away

im just joking

the best way (for me at least) is to jump in with both feet. im usually really nervous right before i do something but as soon as i do it all goes away. and i think of the fact that if im nervous, everyone around me is nervous as well -- so that helps. my best advice to you is just practice your wrestling and all will be well.

tried to give ya props, gots to spread the love tho...but i agree, jump in with both feet.....master the fight vs flight emotions in your body...essnetially tell the world to f**k off im gonna do this!......use your emotions as motivation
artofdefense
1/9/09 12:41:15PM
Read the Art Of War while waiting for your match.
Rollins
1/9/09 7:24:59PM

Posted by shs101

Alright here it is..
I would say im pretty experienced in grappling, won a few competitions competed alot.. No nervousness, little jitters, but the normal ones..
Wrestling season starts (first year) .. Ive never been so nervous in my life.. Yeah i dont know why, maybe its my first year? But these aren"t normal jitters.. Ive been getting severely nervous my past few meets,duals,etc.. To the point where i just want t leave and the one time i did..
No quitting is not an anwser..
I was wondering if ANYONE , could explain some stuff i can do. Listen to music and try not to think about it, really doesn't work..
Anyone have any natural remedies or anything i could do to get through my wrestling season..

Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED..

Thanks, shs101

Sounds a bit worse than normal pre-fight/competition nervousness or jitters. It almost sounds like a full blown panic attack or anxiety attack. Leaving as you said you did is a sign this might be out of the norm. You might want to research this phenomena and see if your symptoms are similar.

I recently read of Karo getting all freaked out about competing and even having to leave a training camp and went home. After seeking professional help he learned it was having panic/anxiety attacks so it can happen to anyone at anytime if you're prone to the disorder and are under alot of pressure.

I think you should look into this a bit deeper than guys on a mma site. Hope you don't take this the wrong way, I just know a thing or two about this issue and just in case it is something out of the norm there is no reason not to address it ASAP since it usually doesn't just go away.

Hopefully I'm way off here and it just normal nervousness. Good luck and keep us posted.
The-Don
1/22/09 11:07:51AM

Posted by artofdefense

Read the Art Of War while waiting for your match.

I like that great book.. it gets your mind thinking.. this or any deep book might help some people listen to music.