UFC 79 Nemesis live result !! ( spoiler )

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 79 Nemesis live result !! ( spoiler )
« Previous Page
warglory
12/30/07 12:04:04AM
That was one of those fights that its sad to see a loser. I am really happy for Chuck though.
Shawn91111
12/30/07 12:08:37AM
it really is sad to see a loser. I had Silva by Ko, but I dont care Im just as glad that Chuck won.
DCRage
12/30/07 12:18:41AM
The Yahoo Sports blog has revealed what some of the fighter payouts tonight will be (confirmed by NSAC's Keith Kizer):
Ryoto (Lyoto) Machida-$60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)
Sokoudjou-$40,000
Wanderlei Silva-$150,000
Chuck Liddell-$500,000
Matt Hughes-$200,000 if he wins, $100,000 if he loses
Georges St. Pierre-$160,000 if he wins, $80,000 if he loses
BerndRealBad
12/30/07 12:26:19AM
Even though he lost, I was more impressed with Silva in that fight. He took about 20-25 shots on the button or the temple that have dropped the likes of tito, couture, babalu, randleman, etc. Props to Chuck too, but Silva just kept on coming (like an axe murderer in a movie coincidentally) and caused Chuck to fight very cautiously, especially from the mid second round on. Congrats to Chuck, but Wandy ain't done yet, not by a long shot.
Boo_Radley21
12/30/07 12:29:47AM
Wow props to Chuck for pulling it off. I'm not doing very well this event, lol.
Bemin
12/30/07 12:31:53AM
Wow, how dominant a performance was that.... GSP is incredible.
juanez13
12/30/07 12:31:56AM
gsp wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by armbar
DCRage
12/30/07 12:32:45AM
What A Rush! Pun intended...GSP is the interim UFC WW Champion! Armbar at 3:45 of R2.

Guess this means that, Serra's back permitting, GSP-Serra is on for Canada in April!

Edit: Now reading the stop time was 4:54 of R2.
Aaronno9
12/30/07 12:37:22AM
I hope people realise matt does have a little class after all after that fight. Not alot of fighters will come out and say they where 120% after a loss. Ive got nothing but respect for both guys.
Tailgunner
12/30/07 12:37:34AM
Serra is gonna get raped..............GSP baby!!!!!!!!!!
warglory
12/30/07 12:39:12AM
GSP is by far the best fighter in the world.
tuvok500
12/30/07 12:39:29AM
GSP gave a CLINIC to Hughes tonight !!!! yesssssssssssss

Tailgunner
12/30/07 12:40:07AM

Posted by warglory

GSP is by far the best fighter in the world.

No doubt...........He is gonna dominate for a long time, he just turned 26!!!
tlangley
12/30/07 12:57:35AM
Made respect to Matt...yeah he might be rudebut, not alot of other fighter will just come out and say they were 120% and their opponet is a better fighter
Boo_Radley21
12/30/07 1:45:39AM
I'm glad St. Pierre won this fight. I knew he would do it too. It is good of Hughes to say that. I don't think I've ever heard a guy after a loss talk about what percent they were fighting at unless it was less than 100
Rush
12/30/07 1:50:15AM
I'll be watching that GSP fight over and over. I wasn't thrilled about the Chuck and Wanderlei fight. I thought it was a little boring, but the GSP fight made up for it.
Trapt1nw0nder
12/30/07 1:55:53AM
very happy to see Chuck win.....Not only did he backfist Wandy,but he also backfisted everyone who jumped ship and picked Wandy to win even though they picked him to win 6 months ago...

6 months ago Chuck was a dominate favorite,and he loses and suddenly everyone doubts him in the same match up..
Trapt1nw0nder
12/30/07 1:57:37AM

Posted by Rush
I thought it was a little boring, but the GSP fight made up for it.

You f*cking kidding me?
cloppio
12/30/07 2:23:12AM

Posted by Rush

I'll be watching that GSP fight over and over. I wasn't thrilled about the Chuck and Wanderlei fight. I thought it was a little boring, but the GSP fight made up for it.

what?!?! boring? that fight was awesome. two guys just slugging it out. i thought it was a great battle.
Shawn91111
12/30/07 2:46:00AM
A little boring? That round 2 was an absolute war. Both guys just slugging it out, nothing boring about Silva and Chuck fight
tlangley
12/30/07 2:47:27AM

Posted by Rush

i'm going to ahead and assume you're joking
Franklinfan47
12/30/07 3:38:39AM
Great PPV!
Rush
12/30/07 10:57:23AM
In all honesty, yes, I did find it a little boring. First of all, I expected no more or less from Chuck. Second, I expected a lot more from Wanderlei. Third, slug fests just don't do it for me.
Rush
12/30/07 10:58:53AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

very happy to see Chuck win.....Not only did he backfist Wandy,but he also backfisted everyone who jumped ship and picked Wandy to win even though they picked him to win 6 months ago...

6 months ago Chuck was a dominate favorite,and he loses and suddenly everyone doubts him in the same match up..

I don't think people jumped ship and picked Wanderlei for this fight. I think this fight could've easily gone either way.
moob
12/30/07 3:05:49PM

Posted by Rush

In all honesty, yes, I did find it a little boring. First of all, I expected no more or less from Chuck. Second, I expected a lot more from Wanderlei. Third, slug fests just don't do it for me.

I have a theory, perhaps you were seriously drunk and couldn't focus on the screen?
emfleek
12/30/07 3:10:38PM
I thought it was an absolute great fight.

Give Rush a break...like he said, slugfests don't do it for him. If I were that way, I would've thought it was a boring fight, too. What's the big deal with voicing you're opinion?

I loved it, though. I'm glad Chuck won but I can't wait to see how/if Wandy rebounds.
moob
12/30/07 3:23:05PM

Posted by emfleek

I thought it was an absolute great fight.

Give Rush a break...like he said, slugfests don't do it for him. If I were that way, I would've thought it was a boring fight, too. What's the big deal with voicing you're opinion?

I loved it, though. I'm glad Chuck won but I can't wait to see how/if Wandy rebounds.

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion at all - that's exactly what I did (in a roundabout kinda way)
Trapt1nw0nder
12/31/07 8:43:14AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

I don't think people jumped ship and picked Wanderlei for this fight. I think this fight could've easily gone either way.

Yea...people did jump ship....Im not saying you did,but alot of people did..Dont you remember the polls 6 months ago and the polls 1 week ago?

Chuck is the better fighter and saying the fight could of gone either way is just a cheap shot at Chuck.......Same with my friends...they're all like "Naw...Silva will definatly win the rematch!"........whats the point in making the fight happen is people will still come up with sorry excuses after the fight to discredit the winner?
Nothing personal,but this is must my point of view...like i said..I told my close friends the same thing

Posted by Rush

of course you enjoyed the GSP fight more....You're from Canada and your favorite fighter is GSP...and you picked Wandy to beat Chuck.

And it wasnt just a slugfest...if it were just a slugfest it wouldnt of made it out of the first round...Maybe Wanderlei made it seem that way,but Chuck's striking was great..he moved in and out and kept Wanderlei at bay,used a spinning backfist and even shot in for takedowns..

Rush
1/1/08 10:04:55AM
Yes, Chuck's striking was accurate and Wanderlei landed some good punches too, but I don't want to watch a boxing match. This is MMA and I like watching a mix of stand-up and ground work.

My background is grappling so I am able to tolerate more groundwork, but just like all punching fights, I don't like lay and pray fights either.

Being a GSP fan had nothing to do with liking that fight. It was a great fight with a combination of stuff in all areas. The fact that GSP dominated was a bonus for me.
Trapt1nw0nder
1/1/08 11:14:17AM

Posted by Rush

Yes, Chuck's striking was accurate and Wanderlei landed some good punches too, but I don't want to watch a boxing match. This is MMA and I like watching a mix of stand-up and ground work.

My background is grappling so I am able to tolerate more groundwork, but just like all punching fights, I don't like lay and pray fights either.

Being a GSP fan had nothing to do with liking that fight. It was a great fight with a combination of stuff in all areas. The fact that GSP dominated was a bonus for me.

I also enjoyed GSP/Hughes,but FOTN was Chuck/Wandy

Sure if you look back at the Chuck/Silva fight you could say "Meh" since you know what happened already,but while seeing it live there is no way you werent up off your seat cheering for your fighter to land that one punch to end the fight!

Thats why i hate people that judge boxing fights like Mayweather/De La Hoya......they dont buy to see it live so they wait for the news to see who won then see it a week later on HBO,and of course its not gonna be exciting if you already know who won and how it ended!

the only fights i find boring are the ones where someone is hopelessly behind and dont do anything to turn it around,or too dominant fights where the opponent simply cant do anything(sherk/florian)

Pages: 1 [2]