Still negotiating,Mir hopes Carwin match "works out"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Still negotiating,Mir hopes Carwin match "works out"
karn501
12/19/09 12:59:23PM
link

I hope it does too because i want to see carwin knock him out Im a fan of mir but carwin is a monster
Jackelope
12/19/09 1:05:55PM

“He can hit pretty hard, but … it’s not like I don’t hit hard,” Mir said. “So it will be a little bit of a cat-and-mouse game on the feet. I don’t think either one of us really wants to take a direct shot from the other guy. I think it’s going to be two guys feeling each other out, looking for the opportunity to finish the fight. It’s one of those situations where we’re both so powerful that the first guy who really does something stupid is probably not going to win the fight.”

I don't necessarily disagree with Mir here. I'm actually a Mir fan. That being said, if he thinks his KO power is anywhere near the level of Carwin's KO power he is out of his mind. Carwin has legitimate "if I touch you, then you're going down" KO power.

Honestly that kind of power isn't something you can teach. Some guys just have it. Carwin has it in boatloads.
karn501
12/19/09 1:08:53PM

Posted by Jackelope

I don't necessarily disagree with Mir here. I'm actually a Mir fan. That being said, if he thinks his KO power is anywhere near the level of Carwin's KO power he is out of his mind. Carwin has legitimate "if I touch you, then you're going down" KO power.

Honestly that kind of power isn't something you can teach. Some guys just have it. Carwin has it in boatloads.

yeah carwin can slap you and knock you out
jae_1833
12/19/09 1:41:27PM
I think Mir has developed quite a bit of power lately but still not quite as much as Carwin, that being said I think the most interesting part of the fight qould be the ground game. Can Mir overcome a big power wrestler.....if he does then I actually understand him fighting Brock again, if not then well......
tcunningham
12/19/09 2:25:36PM
im excited for this fight (if it happens) because it will be a fight between 2 true heavyweights. both at about 260 or 265lbs and neither are fat turds. they both got legitimate skills and neither have boring fights. i feel like mir and carwin are the real champions in that weight class. i just cant get over how retarded lesner is. hes like sloth off the goonies.
SmileR
12/19/09 2:30:39PM

Posted by Jackelope
Carwin has legitimate "if I touch you, then you're going down" KO power.

Carwin is a freak when it comes to power in his punches! I honestly think he has the hardest shot in MMA.
Jackelope
12/19/09 3:09:56PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Jackelope

Carwin is a freak when it comes to power in his punches! I honestly think he has the hardest shot in MMA.

Yeah, when I wrote that I was trying to think of who else hits like that. Maybe Todd Duffee, but we haven't seen enough of him yet to know whether that's true or not.

Aaron Simpson has some pretty devastating hands, as does Anderson Silva, but honestly... I mean come on... who have we seen flatten people like Carwin has yet? His hands are like CC head kicks.
Gladiator
12/19/09 3:21:14PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Jackelope

Yeah, when I wrote that I was trying to think of who else hits like that. Maybe Todd Duffee, but we haven't seen enough of him yet to know whether that's true or not.

Aaron Simpson has some pretty devastating hands, as does Anderson Silva, but honestly... I mean come on... who have we seen flatten people like Carwin has yet? His hands are like CC head kicks.

and the scariest thing about it is that most of his knock out shots dont even look like they land flush, this is a guy that can barely clip u and put u unconscious
MMA_Alex
12/19/09 7:50:24PM

Posted by tcunningham

im excited for this fight (if it happens) because it will be a fight between 2 true heavyweights. both at about 260 or 265lbs and neither are fat turds. they both got legitimate skills and neither have boring fights. i feel like mir and carwin are the real champions in that weight class. i just cant get over how retarded lesner is. hes like sloth off the goonies.

I don't understand how you can think Lesnar has no skill at this point. Sure, he has a big advantage in size and power, but the 2nd Frank Mir fight proved that he's really learning how to use it. I mean, he completely nullified one of, if not the, best BJJ guys in the HW division on the ground and put a solid beat down on him. Besides, it isn't just Lesnar's size and power. It's his amazing athleticism. The guy is extremely fast, given his weight.

If you want to see a guy who is big, but isn't skilled, just look at Hong Man Choi.
jae_1833
12/19/09 8:13:01PM
I think both of you are borderline fighter bashing.....
karn501
12/19/09 8:46:34PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think both of you are borderline fighter bashing.....

i agree i think the first is more than borderline i dont like lesnar either but he is a proffesional fighter people read your code of conduct before you dont get to use this site anymore
warglory
12/20/09 12:28:07AM

Posted by tcunningham

How is Lesnar even remotely like sloth from the goonies?
sbulldavid
12/20/09 12:36:09AM
I think Carwin is a tougher match for Lesner, but I don't think Lesner will ever be the same again. He looks like he's around 230 the last picture I seen of him. Now that I got that out of the way, Todd Duffee will be the best Heavyweight in the world in another year and a half, Carwin is greatly exaggerated, he just has extremely long arms which give him great leverage. Duffee is freakishly strong and has cleaner punches. Mir has devoted all his time to Lesner , and hasn't realized that Lesner is probably not the number 1 guy anymore. I think Mir takes it.
SmileR
12/20/09 10:32:18AM

Posted by sbulldavid

I think Carwin is a tougher match for Lesner, but I don't think Lesner will ever be the same again. He looks like he's around 230 the last picture I seen of him. Now that I got that out of the way, Todd Duffee will be the best Heavyweight in the world in another year and a half, Carwin is greatly exaggerated, he just has extremely long arms which give him great leverage. Duffee is freakishly strong and has cleaner punches. Mir has devoted all his time to Lesner , and hasn't realised that Lesner is probably not the number 1 guy anymore. I think Mir takes it.

Lesnar even with the sickness is still at 275/80lb, and once he's clear of the illness he should return to his natural weight of 310lb according to him and his managers.
I do agree with you about Carwin being a tough match for Lesnar though, Randy gave him fits by avoiding his shots and stuffing his takedowns and Carwin should be able to do the same. With Carwin having in my opinion a clear power advantage its a tough fight to call.
Unfortunately, Duffee will never be the best HW in the world because he'll always run into the taller, stronger HW's such as Carwin, Lesnar, Mir, Cane and even Kongo who could match him closely in the power stakes and breeze past him on the ground.
Kpro
12/20/09 11:00:53AM

Posted by MMA_Alex

If you want to see a guy who is big, but isn't skilled, just look at Hong Man Choi.

You will bite your tongue!