Neer Vs. Pellegrino?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Neer Vs. Pellegrino?
Bowen50
2/10/09 6:02:51PM
I think this is the next fight for these guys. Neer has looked outstanding since returning to the octagon early last year beating Din Thomas, taking Nate Diaz to a split decision (that i personally think he won), and finishing off TUF winner Mac Danzig. Pellegrino has also looked very good as of late finishing off Emerson, winning a decision against Tavares, and coming back from an early head kick to TKO Alberto Crane. the only bump was against Nate Diaz where he got triangled but he was dominating up to that point.

i'll go out on a limb and say i think a fight between these 2 guys could have FOTY potential. both guys are gamers and like to bring it. what do you guys think? who wins?
sparky
2/10/09 6:15:35PM
Pellegrino is my pick for Neer's next fight too!!!

I think it makes for a great fight.
Twenty20Dollars
2/10/09 6:32:35PM
I would pick pelle to destory neer.
nickcuc547
2/10/09 6:36:57PM
that would be a perfect matchup, both guys are very underrated and well rounded. I might have to take pellegrino in this one, he is a little stronger and will dictate where the fight goes, neer is a tough guy though and could very well come away with a win here.
Bowen50
2/10/09 7:08:27PM

Posted by nickcuc547

that would be a perfect matchup, both guys are very underrated and well rounded. I might have to take pellegrino in this one, he is a little stronger and will dictate where the fight goes, neer is a tough guy though and could very well come away with a win here.

yeah i agree. both guys are pretty even on the feet but i'd give the edge to Pellegrino on the ground and in the wrestling department. what makes it interesting though is Pellegrino likes being in his opponents guard and Neer has a very good guard where he could get a sub. i just think stylistically it's a great match up.
prozacnation1978
2/10/09 9:49:57PM
it could happen be a great fight though
gartface
2/10/09 10:09:47PM

Posted by Bowen50

I think this is the next fight for these guys. Neer has looked outstanding since returning to the octagon early last year beating Din Thomas, taking Nate Diaz to a split decision (that i personally think he won), and finishing off TUF winner Mac Danzig. Pellegrino has also looked very good as of late finishing off Emerson, winning a decision against Tavares, and coming back from an early head kick to TKO Alberto Crane. the only bump was against Nate Diaz where he got triangled but he was dominating up to that point.

i'll go out on a limb and say i think a fight between these 2 guys could have FOTY potential. both guys are gamers and like to bring it. what do you guys think? who wins?

Agree with everything. I actually believe that Pellegrino knocked out Diaz, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Great match up, Neer is tough as nails, but so is Pellegrino, and I think he wins a barn burner decision.
tmas
2/11/09 8:16:24AM
would love to see this fight. winner would move real close to getting a title shot.

maybe a fight with guida for it maybe Diego etc.
wiggum
2/11/09 10:04:08AM
exciting fight for sure......stylisticly you have scrapper vs technique.....wrestling goes to pelligrino hands down, but for not having a wrestling background neer isnt too bad......on the ground pelligrino is a hermes franca black belt (and supposdly the reason they arent with att anymore), while is a crafty bet that pulls subs out of nowhere sometimes...id give the ground to pelligrino....in the standup deparment id give to pelligrino, neer has unorthodox but effective standup utilizing more of a kickboxing approach, while kurt has really good boxing skills...technique is the difference there and kurt has that in the bag.....cardio has never been an issue for either....both are tough as nails, but neer has been ko'd and pellegrino hasnt, so by default chin goes to pelligrino, but anybody that saw the neer ko and who it was by will tell ya that there was no shame in going down in that one.....after its all said and done i see kurt coming away with a close decision win but utilizing superiour boxing and wrestling skills to control the fight
higdon10
2/11/09 5:09:47PM
I would take Pellegrino in a battle.