anyone else think that the UFC needs to losen up some.!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » anyone else think that the UFC needs to losen up some.!
POLL: The UFC should
stay the same 50% (21)
losen up some 38% (16)
have more control on fighters 2% (1)
DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10% (4)
Violence108
4/30/08 6:17:25PM
theUFC is the most controling MMA organization i know of. I mean come on if you would get let the fighters do what they want, they would be alot happyer. If they would have told Randy that he could go fight Fedor as long as he comes back , then the UFC would have the Best HW fighter in the world!!!!! come on UFC/Dana White losen up the rains.
Omega
4/30/08 6:33:33PM
* Hands Dana White some KY.
juanez13
4/30/08 6:41:14PM
if they loosen up, others will follow, and they'll loose control, which would create havoc.

Randy is in the mess he is right now because of himself, he wasnt forced to sign the contract, and he choose not to honor it.
Violence108
4/30/08 6:48:34PM
yeah i know whats your saying , why do they want to leave the best mma orgainization in the world right now. and if the ufc does loosen up and fighters go they want get as near the amount of exposer thats they good get from the ufc.
flainthefacerh
4/30/08 7:11:48PM
i just wish they would allow shows to use their highlights.

Inside MMA, or even Sportscenter, that would help gain popularity
warglory
4/30/08 8:20:51PM
Sportscenter does show highlights from what I know, and Inside MMA is owned by their competition. I love Inside MMA, but I can totally understand the UFC's hesitation in giving them video.
JoeySteel
4/30/08 10:19:27PM
NO!
GrandMaster313
4/30/08 10:23:38PM
he's a business man. Just like any manager out in the world you have to set an example, and no one is exempt from the rules. if you let one guy do what he wants for a fight then you will see a trickling effect on the organization. i may not always agree with some of Dana's decisions but keep it up !
king_katool
4/30/08 11:09:57PM
no way dana IMO is the best thing for mma right now,he's in a hard spot with alot of tougth decisions to be made whether he'll be praised or ridiculed for, one day i wish mma to be like the NHL,NBA, etc. all the best fighters in it and a sub league with the second tier fighters. hopefully it can do this and not follow boxings way i mean who can keep up with all those freakin titles icp this icf that.
dont see this happening soon tho
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/1/08 12:44:09AM
Man, if they would have just let Fedor do fricken Sambo they wouldn't be in this mess. Sambo isn't competition...thats like telling a fighter they can't compete in USA wrestling events...its ridiculous.

Dan White has it in his head that the UFC is the only place for MMA, and he's wrong, and do to this short sightedness he's now losing money.
GSPCanada
5/1/08 1:01:11AM
You guys got to remember It's not just Dana White, he's the face of the corporation. I remember last summer everyome thought the ufc nwould turn into the nfl, nhl etc. but now I think its going to collapse very very soon.

I hope I'm wrong however I doubt Randy would return if rhey said go ahead otherwise he would just do his two fight and then go for fedor. The irony of this is he could have easily had two fights by now. The ufc needs to loosen up just not in randys case, they should try to co-promote w/ hdnet and stuff like that and try to get more hilights and stuff out there. I remember one of the event sights (i think ufc 82 and 79) would show the fight and then stop right when a knockout or submission was coming. How do you get more fans into mma if they cant see the best part for a casual fan
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/1/08 12:09:30PM
i like it the way it is, but im sure they could loosen up a little....couldnt hurt
stock
5/1/08 1:28:12PM
Stay the same.

I must be one of those oddballs that practices the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" strategies.

The UFC continues to grow, and fighters are continually getting paid more money in the UFC.
At the same time, several other organizations are going bankrupt and forced to cancel cards since they run out of money to even pay their fighters.
tomsmith17381
5/1/08 5:00:45PM
the ufc doing a top job in my minds you have sen what happens when you get player power with hold outs etc i say the ufc stays in control and keeps it real. i totally understand why they do things there way and there way only. if it aint broke dont fix it.
Kastro
5/1/08 5:07:50PM
They are doing a great job, they are strict on things because they are #1 and dont want to lose that status... if somethings not in there best interest then forget it..

Seems like they need to loosen up, but for real man its all business and they are out for the $$$ like everyone else!
warglory
5/1/08 8:53:58PM

Posted by GSPCanada

You guys got to remember It's not just Dana White, he's the face of the corporation. I remember last summer everyome thought the ufc nwould turn into the nfl, nhl etc. but now I think its going to collapse very very soon.

I hope I'm wrong however I doubt Randy would return if rhey said go ahead otherwise he would just do his two fight and then go for fedor. The irony of this is he could have easily had two fights by now. The ufc needs to loosen up just not in randys case, they should try to co-promote w/ hdnet and stuff like that and try to get more hilights and stuff out there. I remember one of the event sights (i think ufc 82 and 79) would show the fight and then stop right when a knockout or submission was coming. How do you get more fans into mma if they cant see the best part for a casual fan

How would co-promoting with hdnet help them in the least? That would mean conceding to their competition.Think about this situation on a corporate level.
NinjaCyborg
5/2/08 3:33:18PM

Posted by Violence108

theUFC is the most controling MMA organization i know of. I mean come on if you would get let the fighters do what they want, they would be alot happyer. If they would have told Randy that he could go fight Fedor as long as he comes back , then the UFC would have the Best HW fighter in the world!!!!! come on UFC/Dana White losen up the rains.

What if Randy gets seriously injured fighting in another organization?
Thats bad business.
Randy signed a contract, he needs to honor it.