Something the UFC needs, that noone can argue with.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Something the UFC needs, that noone can argue with.....
MFOTHER
10/23/08 12:37:42AM
REF cams.

I cannot see any reason why they havn't adopted this. Pride had is YEARS ago. It is great t cut to for replays, and is the obvious choice for what the ref was looking at when he made a call.
You cant say it impedes their movement or anything like that, because it just sits on their ear, like a pair of glasses, and a fanny pack.

The only reason i can think of the ufc not wanting it, is with all of the controversial calls in recent history, fans/critics would have more "evidence" of early stoppages and such.

thoughts?
Branwest
10/23/08 12:36:16PM
Yeah, but they were always real shaky and never had a good picture. I think its too gimmicky.
emfleek
10/23/08 1:12:27PM
I personally don't think there's a need for them.

I'd rather see a camera pointed directly at the judges the entire time so I can make sure that they're watching the same fight I'm watching. I think a certain judge spends most of the time playing his PSP when he should be watching the fight. Not mentioning any names, though. I doubt judge bashing is allowed.
aaa9erh8er
10/23/08 1:30:24PM
i wouldnt be opposed to ref cams but i would rather see a over head cam like in the nfl now
MMAcca
10/23/08 1:34:41PM

Posted by emfleek

I personally don't think there's a need for them.

I'd rather see a camera pointed directly at the judges the entire time so I can make sure that they're watching the same fight I'm watching. I think a certain judge spends most of the time playing his PSP when he should be watching the fight. Not mentioning any names, though. I doubt judge bashing is allowed.

It's not mentioned in the rules, could we be thinking of the same ref ?
emfleek
10/23/08 1:47:44PM

Posted by MMAcca

It's not mentioned in the rules, could we be thinking of the same ref ?

You mean judge?

Most likely.

And the overhead cam would drive me crazy. I can't stand that view.

The camera angles are fine as is, in my opinion.
Twenty20Dollars
10/23/08 2:21:17PM
don't need them.
mrsmiley
10/23/08 2:35:08PM

Posted by MFOTHER

REF cams.

I cannot see any reason why they havn't adopted this. Pride had is YEARS ago. It is great t cut to for replays, and is the obvious choice for what the ref was looking at when he made a call.
You cant say it impedes their movement or anything like that, because it just sits on their ear, like a pair of glasses, and a fanny pack.

The only reason i can think of the ufc not wanting it, is with all of the controversial calls in recent history, fans/critics would have more "evidence" of early stoppages and such.

thoughts?

Holy hell you must of read my mind.I was just thinking about that this morning!
ObsoleteMan
10/23/08 4:44:38PM
Eh. All I can say is, I've never been watching a fight and thought "Man, I'd really like to see that again. But this time from a much lower definition and with a shakier view.". But, I don't really like replays at all, during a fight. I'd much rather see/hear what's happening in the corners between rounds.

Even if you only use it for questionable stoppages, I doubt the usefulness of it. It would only show what the ref could have seen, not what he was looking at, or focusing on. They have enough cameras around the cage that we can get that anyway. Not worth the explanation of why all the refs wear goofy glasses and backpacks to a friend I'm trying to get into the sport.