Much needed women's MMA fight hype - Miesha on Ronda: "this bitch is not going to beat me"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Much needed women's MMA fight hype - Miesha on Ronda: "this bitch is not going to beat me"
DoTheMMAth
2/6/12 10:34:25PM
Happy to have a women's MMA fight to look forward to - feels like it's been a while for some reason. Also happy to see a female MMA headline that wasn't about Gina Carano being in a movie

And when you don't like someone, the idea of losing to them is just unbearable. Like, I cannot think of losing to this girl, it cannot happen. My pride is on the line here, people. You don't understand. It's not just winning a fight or keeping my title, it's like, this bitch is not going to beat me, there's no way this is going to happen. I think, for me, it's just going to make it that much more exciting because you're going to see a much more exhilarated me, you're going to see a much more pumped and vicious, I think. I don't want to just like fight this girl, I don't want to just beat her, I want to really hurt her. I really do, I want to like mar her face if at all possible, that would be nice.

Sourced from mania
Kpro
2/6/12 10:36:13PM
I'm stoked for this fight, way more-so than Cyborg/Carano.
FastKnockout
2/6/12 11:08:25PM
Oh no she didn't!

FastKnockout
2/6/12 11:09:39PM
Here's an extra just for sh*** and giggles.

Budgellism
2/6/12 11:17:34PM
I believe her. And I've never been this excited for a female fight
Bubbles
2/6/12 11:36:43PM
i hope theres a wardrobe malfunction like in the Olesha Arrington/Sarah Mcleod fight...but this time we get to see something
tcunningham
2/7/12 12:24:53AM
i think tate is gonna get hurt. ronda is one bad lady. people have said shit like " rondas not ready for the big stage, and ronda just has the arm bar" but its all crap. she was a friggen OLYMPIAN!! i think that constitutes as being on one of the largest stages in the world. even if ronda loses, she's got a bright future in the sport.
emfleek
2/7/12 9:03:23AM

Posted by Kpro

Absolutely agree.

And once again...if anyone wants to take Tate in an avatar bet, I'm down. I personally think Rousey has made her way into Miesha's head...
pmoney
2/7/12 12:54:20PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Absolutely agree.

And once again...if anyone wants to take Tate in an avatar bet, I'm down. I personally think Rousey has made her way into Miesha's head...

I agree on all counts as well. I was excited (kinda) for Cyborg-Carano, but I knew all Gina had was a prayer.

With Tate-Rousey, this is probably a more competitive fight than Cyborg-Carano, and arguably better hype. Meisha's acting like she is upset with Rousey, when Meisha was talking basically that same shit before her fight with Coenen.

Now she's the champ, and I don't think she can handle having that target on her back. I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Tate got her arm broke come March.

RhythmAndStyle
2/9/12 2:30:19AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Absolutely agree.

are u taking Rousey, cuz i'm down to take Tate for a avatar bet..
emfleek
2/9/12 8:26:20AM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Absolutely.
gartface
2/9/12 8:43:01AM
Maybe Miesha has a different idea of what it is to get beat. I consider getting your arm broken a defeat, so in that case, she will get "beat" by Rousey. Ronda is proving to be on another level. She'll take home Miesha's arm and then make a trip to Sarah Kaufman's tailor to get a look at her sleeve length.

With WMMA at its infancy, it's hard for me to go against a girl who has four straight armbars in the first round, not to mention a bronze medal from Olympic Judo.
BuffaloDave
2/9/12 11:37:23AM

Posted by tcunningham

even if ronda loses, she's got a bright future in the sport.

What's even crazier is that if this fight makes it to the middle of the 1st RD, that will equal the total amount of time that Rousey has fought in her previous 4 wins.

RhythmAndStyle
2/9/12 12:20:50PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Absolutely.

i'll be waitin for that bet
prophecy033
2/10/12 8:38:38PM
Please get caught in the north/south position