NCAA Finds no Major Violations for Auburn

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NCAA Finds no Major Violations for Auburn
gartface
10/13/11 8:16:53AM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- The NCAA said it found no major violations committed by Auburn regarding Cam Newton or other pay-for-play allegations and has concluded multiple investigations of the football program.

The NCAA released a statement Wednesday saying it has closed its 13-month investigation into Auburn's recruitment of the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback, whose father shopped his services to another school for up to $180,000.

LINK

Poor_Franklin
10/13/11 2:32:07PM
WoW. Looks like the Au-barn fans get to keep their title after all...

telnights
10/13/11 3:55:58PM
Well this doesn't look good for the NCAA because most fans of college football me included feel there was wrong doing. But NCAA expects people to buy that Cam's father shopped him to one school but not Auburn. To top it off the Church's his Father is over get a windfall of money after Cam goes to Auburn. They have put some schools on probation and took away wins with less evidence. This makes the NCAA look very biased towards the SEC and makes it seam like the SEC and not the NCAA is calling the shots.
prophecy033
10/13/11 4:48:51PM

Posted by telnights

Well this doesn't look good for the NCAA because most fans of college football me included feel there was wrong doing. But NCAA expects people to buy that Cam's father shopped him to one school but not Auburn. To top it off the Church's his Father is over get a windfall of money after Cam goes to Auburn. They have put some schools on probation and took away wins with less evidence. This makes the NCAA look very biased towards the SEC and makes it seam like the SEC and not the NCAA is calling the shots.

THIS
Kpro
10/13/11 5:49:58PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by telnights

THIS

THIS
BlueSkiesBurn
10/13/11 6:13:53PM
This is the letter the NCAA released regarding the clearing of Auburn. It's complete and utter bullshit as a USC fan.

After conducting more than 80 interviews, the NCAA has concluded its investigation into Auburn University. The NCAA enforcement staff is committed to a fair and thorough investigative process. As such, any allegations of major rules violations must meet a burden of proof, which is a higher standard than rampant public speculation online and in the media. The allegations must be based on credible and persuasive information and includes a good-faith belief that the Committee on Infractions could make a finding. As with any case, should the enforcement staff become aware of additional credible information, it will review the information to determine whether further investigation is warranted.

I guess Cecil flat out admitting that he lied and shopped Cam's services isn't as credible as a convicted felon and former gang-member who has never held a legitimate job.

Clearly the NCAA didn't have enough evidence to show that Cecil was knowingly breaking the rules and that, as Cam's father, he was acting as an agent on his behalf. Nope, Cam said multiple times that his father was his closest friend and that his father helped him decide on Auburn, but I'm sure Cecil did that on the up-and-up.

Apparently 4 phone calls from Bush's "agent" to a USC assistant coach (the longest call lasting 2 1/2 minutes) and 1 photograph where the "agent" is in the background is far more damning than a player's own father, who helped him make his "decision," admitting that he lied, shopped services, and was critical in the role of where Cam chose to play.

I don't even care that Auburn got off. I expected it. I care that NCAA is complete bullshit and doesn't punish anyone for anything unless THEY decide they want to do so.
prophecy033
10/13/11 7:03:28PM
"Look under that rock over there, no, the one on the right"