NCAA '13 Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NCAA '13 Thread
BlueSkiesBurn
7/24/12 4:42:25PM
Anyone here pick it up? I have it for the PS3. If you're down for a game or just want to discuss NCAA/Madden, go for it.
prophecy033
7/24/12 4:46:13PM
I'm picking it up today after work, I got some games I wanna bring back
BlueSkiesBurn
7/24/12 4:47:59PM

Posted by prophecy033

360 or PS3? I'm going to assume 360. I'm like the only human being who prefers Playstation to Xbox.
prophecy033
7/24/12 5:17:12PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by prophecy033

360 or PS3? I'm going to assume 360. I'm like the only human being who prefers Playstation to Xbox.

Yeah, I'm xbox. Sucks that there isn't a network so both can play together
BlueSkiesBurn
7/24/12 5:21:34PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by prophecy033

Seriously, this pisses me off. Someone on a Mac can still play someone on a PC in games, why the hell can't we?
prophecy033
7/24/12 5:39:27PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by prophecy033

Seriously, this pisses me off. Someone on a Mac can still play someone on a PC in games, why the hell can't we?

I know, right. But we're just the consumers, what the hell do we know
prophecy033
7/24/12 5:40:44PM
How is NCAA '13 so far? Any major improvements? Epic failures?
BlueSkiesBurn
7/24/12 5:50:54PM

Posted by prophecy033

How is NCAA '13 so far? Any major improvements? Epic failures?

I mean, don't expect anything mind-blowing. The engine is still basically the same. They haven't revamped it like they did for Madden this year. They did add some cool new features and tightened up some AI functions and mechanics, though. You have more control as a QB when it comes to throw placement. It's a great feature once you learn how to use it.

You can control whether or not your QB throws to the inside, outside, etc...of a receiver. This is huge for fade routes when you want that perfect back shoulder throw that only your guy can come up with.

Also, they added a reaction time function. Now, I haven't tried or even checked whether or not this function exists outside of RTG or Heisman, but I know it exists in that mode and I love it. It's basically "bullet time" in Max Payne.

As soon as you activate the function, time slows down and the play begins to unfold in slow motion. As if you were an actual QB and things developed around you. When it happens to those guys, everything is in slow-motion. They see the field so much better than the normal person watching.

This is the principle here. It slows down and you see everything. You can combine this with the new throwing mechanics for some of the greatest throws/catches you've ever seen in an NCAA game. But there's a catch.

Depending on how long it takes you to get rid of the ball, whether you made the right read, or threw to the best guy, will determine how much time you have on the clock for the next snap.

You start out with 15 seconds. The idea is to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible. The more time you use, the lower your reaction time meter will be on the next play. It encourages you to read, know, and anticipate routes. As if you were a real QB.

I think it's bitchin.

I really wish they would redesign the gameplay engine and give it the same attention to detail that they do for Madden, but I don't anticipate this any time soon.

It's a good game, the Heisman mode is awesome, but it's not so different from all the other years that you can't survive without it. Personally, I buy a new NCAA almost every year. I'm used to it.

I didn't buy 12 because I got my PS3 after the season was over, so I decided to just wait for the next installment since it would come out sooner rather than later, but I am glad I waited for 13 instead. Way better than 12, which I rented.
prophecy033
7/24/12 6:39:38PM
That slow motion sounds bad ass, I can't wait to read the wrong play lol.

I get all the new sports games, it bugs me if I don't
Shawn91111
7/24/12 8:34:43PM
Still doing an Online '12 series. Hopefully they fixed all the online issues