NBA Playoffs are here!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NBA Playoffs are here!!!!!!
SpiderSilva
4/18/09 4:53:07PM
Its that time of year again after waiting through 82 games they start today. I was happy the Denver Nuggets play tomorrow not tonight.

GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!
Shawn91111
4/18/09 6:20:37PM
Go Detroit!...ugh 8th seed
Jackelope
4/19/09 12:05:15PM
Since my Suns aren't in it (BOO!) I have to find someone else to root for. Maybe the Mavs? I dunno yet.

I think this is the Cavs' year. The stars are aligning in almost every regard for them.
fizzle
4/19/09 5:34:16PM
GO LAKERS!
urbman
4/19/09 5:54:38PM
I'm a 76ers fan,and we have a tough draw in orlando,the only thing that might help us is that the magic are a little banged up.Good Luck to you guys teams..
Jackelope
5/2/09 1:18:41PM
Who is watching Bulls vs. Celtics tonight? Man, this is an intense series. Who do you got?

I'm going with the Celtics because I can't stand Joakim Noah
Jackelope
5/21/09 11:41:40PM
Seems like nobody is into the playoffs this year. Crazy, too because this has been a phenomenal year.

I'm watching game 2 of Lakers vs. Nuggets right now and the game is simply amazing so far. Come on NBA fans, where you at?!
MMA
5/22/09 11:47:42PM
Tonight's game was insane.

That was such an insane clutch shot that LeBron pulled off. I'm surprised at how competitive Orlando has been.
Jackelope
5/23/09 12:28:22PM

Posted by MMA

Tonight's game was insane.

That was such an insane clutch shot that LeBron pulled off. I'm surprised at how competitive Orlando has been.

Yeah, Orlando has been giving fits. I had thought it was going to be a pretty clear road to the finals for Cleveland, but Orlando has more than stepped up to the plate.

That shot was absolutely insane. We are watching a living legend play the game.
ncordless
5/23/09 2:11:05PM

We are watching a living legend play the game.

Sometimes I think about how high the expectations for Lebron were and how far he has exceeded them and I realize that Lebron is going to be the greatest Bball player ever by the time he is done.

And this is coming from someone who lived and died with Michael Jordan's Bulls of the 90's.
Jackelope
5/23/09 2:50:54PM
I feel the same way, although I am a Suns fan, so I hated the Bulls I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jordan, though.

Still, 49 pts in game 1 with 67% fg rating? Absolutely insane. The man is a freakish athlete.
ncordless
5/23/09 3:31:26PM
Yeah. Too bad Basketball was the sport James got into. Can you imagine an athlete like LeBron who had been training BJJ and Muay Thai since he was 10 in the UFC HW division?

Jackelope
5/23/09 4:11:53PM

Posted by ncordless

Yeah. Too bad Basketball was the sport James got into. Can you imagine an athlete like LeBron who had been training BJJ and Muay Thai since he was 10 in the UFC HW division?

I always tell people to picture it this way-

Tim Sylvia is 6'8" 265 lbs. Everyone always makes fun of Sylvia for being big, goofy, and uncoordinated.

Lebron James is 6'8" and 270 lbs. He's probably as agile and athletic as a 5'10" 170 lb. guy like Georges St. Pierre. The man is a freak.

Dwight Howard is another example of a huge and freakish athlete
Violentcuv
5/26/09 12:36:27AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by ncordless

Dwight Howard is another example of a huge and freakish athlete

Dwight Howard is a stud no matter what way you look at it. He is such a dominant presence to have down low on your team. A rebounding machine.

Orlando has really came on strong lately. They have had the talent all year but they are putting it together and making a nice run for it. I am a die hard Cavs fan so I am pulling for them, but I am soo nervouse right now. The magic are looking tough. I am hoping they go ice cold on their 3's here in game 4 and let the Cavs steal one in Orlando.
Jackelope
5/26/09 11:45:02PM
Wow Cleveland awoke the demon in Dwight Howard at the start of that OT. My God, he went on a tear at the start of overtime.

I don't know what's up with Cleveland. They just can't get it together. Orlando is talented for sure, not taking anything away from them, but Cleveland just isn't moving the ball in this series like they have been all year.

There's 4 seconds left in OT, and I'm pretty sure Orlando is going to take this one