NBA Draft - Thursday 7ET/4PT

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NBA Draft - Thursday 7ET/4PT
« Previous Page
POLL: Whoooooo's watching it?
I watch the entire draft! 30% (7)
I catch the first round only. 26% (6)
I skim past to see who my team got. 9% (2)
I check the results post-draft. 13% (3)
Who cares about the draft? 22% (5)
candynuts
6/27/08 11:32:53AM
Wow.
Just read about the Memphis/Minnesota trade in which The T'Wolves traded O.J Mayo, Antoine Walker, Marko Jaric, and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mark Miller, Brian Cardinal, and Jason Collins.

Sorry Kpro, looks like there will be no Gay-Love alley-oop afterall.

RampageOwnedYou
6/28/08 1:54:33PM
Meant to gloat when this happened 4 days ago but RAPTORS land Jermaine O'Neal.

Can you say Bosh to ONeal all year long.
F u ck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shawn91111
6/29/08 7:39:23PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

Meant to gloat when this happened 4 days ago but RAPTORS land Jermaine O'Neal.

Can you say Bosh to ONeal all year long.
F u ck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Neal will be able to play all year long? Thats a big if, but if he can that should be interesting to watch because unlike the 2 slow footed no defense tandem in NY, JO and Bosh can both hit the jumper and dont need to clog the lane.

pv3Hpv3p
6/30/08 7:28:18PM
I'm a Minnesotan, not a huge basketball fan, and am a little confused...

I understand that big contracts need to get passed on in trades but this trade doesn't seem to make any sense...

The one real problem is that no one in MN goes to see the wolves... I'm not even being sarcastic when I say that it's sometimes (especially in the last year) tough to give tickets away...

And there was actually a little buzz about Mayo... He might have actually put some asses in the seats... Which they desperatley need... Now they make this happless trade... People have now faith in this team, especially not McChale (sp?)... The Foy for Roy fiasco a year or two ago, and now this... I just don't get it...

If someone can tell me how this makes sense from a basketball standpoint please help me out??? I don't want to hear about needing to get rid of Jaric and Walker for $$$ reason's... To me that doesn't justify tanking a decent chance at getting a legit star in the draft, bringing some faith back to the franchise...

ughhhhh... Like I said, I don't even watch basketball much... But you see this shit in MN sports all the time... A year ago we trade Luis castillo (2-B for Twins) for piddle-shit... Literally we got a couple prospects (I think two of which were catchers? Joe mauer? WTF?) And this was while Castillo was out best hitter... The same goes for Santana... We don't really get anything in that trade worth what Johan was to the club... Gomez is exciting to watch, but he seems like a real chucklehead sometimes... You can look back at the Hershel Walker trade, which I still see Jimmy Johnson snicker about ever time it's mentioned (and I can't blame him)... And we just traded Brian Rolston (Wild winger) for a ametuer draft trade pick in the 2010 draft???

I just don't know who the hell's running this show???

I just hope one of McChale's buddies don't call...

"Oh, hey Kevin... How's it going?"

"Ahhhh, pretty good, ahhhhh"

"I got an idea... You wanna trade that Jefferson kid to me?"

"Oh, I don know.... If da price is right, ahhhh"

OK, Kevin, just cause it's you and we played together and have been life long buddies... I'll give you a ham sandwich"

"well, I don 't know, Larry, that doesn't sound so..."

OK, ok, ok... two ham sandwiches..."

"!!! You got yourself a deal!!!"

Oh, Kevin, I'm going to need a draft pick for that other sandwich"

"Done!!!"

**McChale whispers "sucker" to himself as he's walking away, smuggly content... Later it's found out that he traded one of his ham sandwiches and his '69 corvette stingerray for an expired bus pass and bag of Frito's... He was quoted as saying he was building towards the "future"**
Shawn91111
6/30/08 10:22:04PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I'm a Minnesotan, not a huge basketball fan, and am a little confused...

I understand that big contracts need to get passed on in trades but this trade doesn't seem to make any sense...

The one real problem is that no one in MN goes to see the wolves... I'm not even being sarcastic when I say that it's sometimes (especially in the last year) tough to give tickets away...

And there was actually a little buzz about Mayo... He might have actually put some asses in the seats... Which they desperatley need... Now they make this happless trade... People have now faith in this team, especially not McChale (sp?)... The Foy for Roy fiasco a year or two ago, and now this... I just don't get it...

If someone can tell me how this makes sense from a basketball standpoint please help me out??? I don't want to hear about needing to get rid of Jaric and Walker for $$$ reason's... To me that doesn't justify tanking a decent chance at getting a legit star in the draft, bringing some faith back to the franchise...

ughhhhh... Like I said, I don't even watch basketball much... But you see this shit in MN sports all the time... A year ago we trade Luis castillo (2-B for Twins) for piddle-shit... Literally we got a couple prospects (I think two of which were catchers? Joe mauer? WTF?) And this was while Castillo was out best hitter... The same goes for Santana... We don't really get anything in that trade worth what Johan was to the club... Gomez is exciting to watch, but he seems like a real chucklehead sometimes... You can look back at the Hershel Walker trade, which I still see Jimmy Johnson snicker about ever time it's mentioned (and I can't blame him)... And we just traded Brian Rolston (Wild winger) for a ametuer draft trade pick in the 2010 draft???

I just don't know who the hell's running this show???

I just hope one of McChale's buddies don't call...

"Oh, hey Kevin... How's it going?"

"Ahhhh, pretty good, ahhhhh"

"I got an idea... You wanna trade that Jefferson kid to me?"

"Oh, I don know.... If da price is right, ahhhh"

OK, Kevin, just cause it's you and we played together and have been life long buddies... I'll give you a ham sandwich"

"well, I don 't know, Larry, that doesn't sound so..."

OK, ok, ok... two ham sandwiches..."

"!!! You got yourself a deal!!!"

Oh, Kevin, I'm going to need a draft pick for that other sandwich"

"Done!!!"

**McChale whispers "sucker" to himself as he's walking away, smuggly content... Later it's found out that he traded one of his ham sandwiches and his '69 corvette stingerray for an expired bus pass and bag of Frito's... He was quoted as saying he was building towards the "future"**

Ok from a basketball standpoint, because I dont know their attendance and things of that nature but going by the trade. Freeing up and moving Walker and Jaric who's contract has $21 million left on it frees them of 2 useless players. They get Mike Miller who is a very good perimeter scorer in which Minnesota has McCants, but Miller does many more things than he can and can fill 2 positions. Minnesota already had 2 smallish guards in McCants and Foye, then draft Mayo, so getting a *which obviously remains to be seen* a good 6'9-6'10 player with hustle and no questions about his work ethic and hustle and drive, a 6'8 underrated IMO perimeter player who can fill a few positions and rebound, an expiring contract in Collins and riding of 2 useless players in Jaric and Walker. I dont really mind that trade.

On the baseball side, Castillo never was the best hitter on Minnesota not when there was Morneau and Mauer even Hunter to a degree on that team. His contract was coming to an end and for what he was known for Defense and Stealing Bases he was declining in those areas. Look at what he has become, signed a 4 yr deal with the Mets and hardly plays everyday. On the return they had Alexi Casilla in the minors and he has been doing very well at second.

I agree on the Santana deal, for what they got for him they had way better deals with the Red Sox and Yankees than what they got from the Mets.
Pages: 1 [2]