NBA Draft - Thursday 7ET/4PT

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NBA Draft - Thursday 7ET/4PT
Next Page »
POLL: Whoooooo's watching it?
I watch the entire draft! 30% (7)
I catch the first round only. 26% (6)
I skim past to see who my team got. 9% (2)
I check the results post-draft. 13% (3)
Who cares about the draft? 22% (5)
Kpro
6/24/08 12:31:46AM
I'm hoping the Sonics can make a 4 & Wilcox for 2 & Blount as rumored by Chad Ford. However, if they keep the 4 and go for the point, I'd prefer they get Westbrook over Bayless.

Not sure why I care since I'll be a Trailblazers fan in 0-2 years anyways when the team leaves but what can you do.

What do you hope your team gets out of the draft?
Shawn91111
6/24/08 1:49:20AM
Since Detroit picks almost dead last in the first I hope, Douglas-Roberts falls to them, but thats a pipe dream. Since I live in NY, I watch what the Knicks do, they really need a PG or a quick athletic scoring forward to fit into D'antoni's offense, rumor has it they are trying to move Lee and move up in the draft.
The_Ho_Bag
6/24/08 9:27:44AM
since the Knicks are dumb they probably gunna go with a forward/center like they do every year
DCRage
6/24/08 9:48:31AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Since Detroit picks almost dead last in the first I hope, Douglas-Roberts falls to them, but thats a pipe dream. Since I live in NY, I watch what the Knicks do, they really need a PG or a quick athletic scoring forward to fit into D'antoni's offense, rumor has it they are trying to move Lee and move up in the draft.

What I read about that on ESPN is they might send Lee & Malik Rose to Memphis for the #5 pick and Brian Cardinal. As for the Knicks, they seem to already have a Man Crush on Danilo Gallinari, so don't be surprised if he goes #6 to them.

It'll be late in the round before the Wizards pick, I say get a PG in the event Arenas doesn't come back, although some say PF since we could lose Jamison too.
candynuts
6/24/08 12:51:12PM
That would be sweet if the Sonics can make the trade of Wilcox & #4 pick for Blount and #2, but I dont see that happening.
I think Sonics will end up picking Bayless.

Would love the Knicks to snag Westbrook if the Sonics dont pick him.

cowcatcher
6/24/08 1:02:06PM
i just hope the bucks dont take joe alexander, i can live with randolph, but they need a true PG and need to trade mo williams for whatever they can get.
sammyd1213
6/24/08 1:27:53PM
Hopin my Pacers will land DJ Augustine....need a point guard in the worst way..
candynuts
6/24/08 1:37:11PM

Posted by DCRage

As for the Knicks, they seem to already have a Man Crush on Danilo Gallinari, so don't be surprised if he goes #6 to them.

Ugh, I know... I really hope they dont pick him. It will probably take him about 3 years to develop (IF he develops).
But since Gallinari is not defensive minded AT ALL, he'd probably get picked because of D'Antoni's coaching style.

Shawn91111
6/24/08 6:52:02PM

Posted by candynuts

Posted by DCRage

As for the Knicks, they seem to already have a Man Crush on Danilo Gallinari, so don't be surprised if he goes #6 to them.

Ugh, I know... I really hope they dont pick him. It will probably take him about 3 years to develop (IF he develops).
But since Gallinari is not defensive minded AT ALL, he'd probably get picked because of D'Antoni's coaching style.

Actually there were reports in both the Post and Daily News that D'Antoni isnt really too high on Gallinari, a lot of rumors came out that he was because of the whole Italian tie and him playing with Danilo's father.
The Nets have by some reports already a deal to pick Danilo if he drops to them.
coldchillin
6/24/08 7:57:40PM
not a very deep draft this year at all, it'll be interesting to see if guys like Dwayne Wade get traded to make the draft interesting. I'll have to laugh if Minnesota really drafts Kevin Love at #3.
candynuts
6/24/08 8:24:05PM

Posted by sammyd1213

Hopin my Pacers will land DJ Augustine....need a point guard in the worst way..

Well I hear that they might ship Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto for Nesterovic, T.J Ford, and #17.
sammyd1213
6/24/08 8:33:44PM
I hope we move O'Neal..
NebraskaUFCfan
6/24/08 10:42:06PM

Posted by coldchillin

not a very deep draft this year at all, it'll be interesting to see if guys like Dwayne Wade get traded to make the draft interesting. I'll have to laugh if Minnesota really drafts Kevin Love at #3.

I disagree, I think this is one of the deeper drafts since 2003 (LeBron, Melo, D-Wade were drafted that year). Beasley and Rose are superstars, combine them with Mayo, Gordon, Love, Rush, Chalmers, Bayless, and the Lopez twins to name a few others. This draft is loaded with untapped potential.

As a Bulls fan, I'm torn between Rose and Beasley. I really think Beasley is what the Bulls need on this current roster, but if we can find a buyer for Hinrich, then Rose should definitely be the guy. My dream is to draft Rose, trade Hinrich, Duhon and our 2nd round pick to the Knicks for the #6 pick in this years draft and their 2nd round pick. Also, in regards to Love, I don't think he'll go that high to Minnesota, he is more reasonably projected to go to Memphis at #5. Can't wait either way, Go Bulls!
coldchillin
6/25/08 12:46:39AM

Posted by NebraskaUFCfan

Posted by coldchillin

I disagree, I think this is one of the deeper drafts since 2003 (LeBron, Melo, D-Wade were drafted that year). Beasley and Rose are superstars, combine them with Mayo, Gordon, Love, Rush, Chalmers, Bayless, and the Lopez twins to name a few others. This draft is loaded with untapped potential.

As a Bulls fan, I'm torn between Rose and Beasley. I really think Beasley is what the Bulls need on this current roster, but if we can find a buyer for Hinrich, then Rose should definitely be the guy. My dream is to draft Rose, trade Hinrich, Duhon and our 2nd round pick to the Knicks for the #6 pick in this years draft and their 2nd round pick. Also, in regards to Love, I don't think he'll go that high to Minnesota, he is more reasonably projected to go to Memphis at #5. Can't wait either way, Go Bulls!

Rose, Beasley and maybe Mayo and the rest maybe have a chance at being decent players at best. Maybe Bayless or Augustine can be really good but I don't see many superstars coming of this draft like 2003's.

And yes, Chicago has to draft Rose.
NebraskaUFCfan
6/25/08 1:12:18AM

Posted by coldchillin

Rose, Beasley and maybe Mayo and the rest maybe have a chance at being decent players at best. Maybe Bayless or Augustine can be really good but I don't see many superstars coming of this draft like 2003's.

I guess time will tell, I see about 5-10 really talented players, it all depends on how they develop. You could be right, but we'll have to see.
Shawn91111
6/25/08 3:07:01AM

Posted by coldchillin

Posted by NebraskaUFCfan

Posted by coldchillin

Yea I agree, I dont think this is a very deep draft. I think you have 2 impact players in Rose and Beasley and maybe Mayo as you said. PG's typically struggle coming into the NBA so I dont count on Bayless or Agustine having huge years, 2-3 years down the road sure but time will tell obviously.. I dont think they have to draft Rose. Will Rose be great, sure, but I think Beasley just has so many ways of scoring and is a very good rebounder as well. I really like Rose, but I dont think he has the court vision, passing abilty that a Paul, Kidd, Williams have, but you never know.
DCRage
6/25/08 1:53:39PM
First trade of the day: New Orleans sends the #27 pick to Portland for cash. Blazers now have picks 13 & 27 tonight.

Edit: Big rumored trade, although it can't be officially done until July 1-Indiana reportedly will send Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto for the #17 pick, TJ Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, and the player to be named.
Kpro
6/26/08 4:03:37PM
Less than 3 hours until draft time ladies and gentlemen.
Kpro
6/26/08 4:04:36PM
The Clippers and Sonics have agreed to swap picks as long as the Wolves take O.J. Mayo at No. 3. If Mayo isn't drafted at 3, the deal is off according to two sources close to the information.

With the No. 4 pick, expect the Clippers to take Eric Gordon of Indiana. They've coveted him as the type of dominant scorer they've been looking for.

The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems Lopez will be the guy.
Kpro
6/26/08 4:05:11PM
The Bucks and Nets have also done a deal that could have a big impact on the draft. The Bucks are sending Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

That means the Bucks may be less likely to take Joe Alexander at No. 8. He's a small forward like Jefferson and they may decide to go with a guard now -- either Russell Westbrook or Jerryd Bayless.

The Nets have the No. 10 and No. 21 picks. Look for them to make a run at Joe Alexander if he's on the board at 10. He'd be the perfect complement to Yi and Sean Williams in the front court.

The Bucks have been eyeing Alexander and still could take him at No. 8. However, sources say it's more likely that they'll add another guard. My guess is that Russell Westbrook doesn't slide past the Bucks unless Kevin Love somehow drops to them at 8.
cowcatcher
6/26/08 6:36:02PM
the bucks are thinking guard all the way at this point, and they want to move mo williams while he has some value. they still might take randolph, but im guessing theyre after a point guard, im hoping gordon is there despite recent reports.
Kpro
6/26/08 6:43:09PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the bucks are thinking guard all the way at this point, and they want to move mo williams while he has some value. they still might take randolph, but im guessing theyre after a point guard, im hoping gordon is there despite recent reports.

If Westbrook goes 4 to the Clips, Gordon would have to go 5 or 6 to not be there at 8. All depends how much the Grizzlies and Knicks value Bayless, Love, and Gallinari vs. Gordon.
DCRage
6/26/08 7:51:54PM
First 3 picks done-Rose to Chicago, Beasley to Miami, Mayo to Minnesota.

Seattle couldn't trade #4. They take Russell Westbrook with it.
Kpro
6/26/08 8:01:00PM
I'm very happy with the Westbrook pick, that was who I wanted them to target.

Presti knows to start with D to move towards a championship.
Kpro
6/26/08 8:04:17PM
Love goes 5!

My wildest dream came true!

The Memphis announcer has to announce a Gay Love alley-oop!
DCRage
6/26/08 8:08:47PM
Knicks just took that Gallinari guy from Italy. Waiting for Spike Lee's reaction, the fans in attendance seemed mixed.
Kpro
6/26/08 8:30:16PM
Strange for the Bobcats to pass over Brook Lopez with all of their injury problems playing Wallace/Okafor at the 4/5. Lopez would've been able to shift them to the 3/4.

Shows they don't have a ton of faith in Felton.
The_Ho_Bag
6/26/08 10:39:32PM

Posted by DCRage

Knicks just took that Gallinari guy from Italy. Waiting for Spike Lee's reaction, the fans in attendance seemed mixed.

Every damn year NY takes a forward ...tools
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/27/08 12:21:23AM
i didnt watch much of it cuz i was working but on a related bball note. WAR TDOT for bring in jermaine oneal. That was a sick trade . calderon is better then tj ford and a more pure point guard. tdot doesnt need him. nesterovic is old. Jermaine at center with bosh at power forward ohh my . throw in andrea and u got 3 7 footas
candynuts
6/27/08 12:35:26AM
Just got done watching the NBA draft, and I was pretty pissed off about Gallinari pick at 6, but since Westbrook was taken at #4, I was pretty much expecting the Knicks to take the Italian. So I guess there will be another 30-52 type season for the Knicks.

Nets some good steals in the draft with Lopez and CDR.

Oh, and also dont really like the Bucks taking Alexander.
Pages: [1] 2