POLL: Diaz vs Miller
Nathan Diaz 67% (18)
Jim Miller 33% (9)
hammerhead1
5/1/12 4:47:40PM
who ya got?
pmoney
5/1/12 5:39:34PM
By law, I am required to root for Nate Diaz. It pains me, because Jim is one of my all time favorites as well. But I am hoping Nate creams his corn!
Twenty20Dollars
5/1/12 5:45:24PM
Nathaniel is my pick

Hope Miller wins it though.
Wallass
5/1/12 6:10:49PM
I can see both guys winning but Nathans always had a hard time against good wrestlers with quality sub defense which Miller has. I like Miller but if he chooses to stand and trade he's in trouble.
prozacnation1978
5/1/12 7:12:40PM
Very tough pick I like diaz if its on the feet.
Miller won't sub him could get diaz down. But he ain't no maynard to keep diaz down. Very hard pick.

Will do it sat morning. But I am leaning toward diaz at the moment
Chael_Sonnen
5/1/12 8:12:18PM
In a five round fight, Jim Miller's sahweet mustache will prevent him from winning, somehow it will get in the way and hinder his performance.
KungFuMaster
5/1/12 8:13:47PM
This happens to be an easy pick for me. While Diaz does have the height and reach advantage, he is not exactly a heavy hitter. IMO, Miller will walk Diaz down and secure take downs at will.
Wallass
5/1/12 8:17:06PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

In a five round fight, Jim Miller's sahweet mustache will prevent him from winning, somehow it will get in the way and hinder his performance.

I completely forgot the stache!
Pookie
5/1/12 8:51:56PM
I struggle to think up a fight where Jim Miller had a gameplan that involved keeping top position.
ghandikush
5/1/12 10:06:55PM

Posted by Pookie

I struggle to think up a fight where Jim Miller had a gameplan that involved keeping top position.

Yeah I was wondering about that. Probably another Diaz demolition if standing and clinching.
FlashyG
5/2/12 1:56:13AM

Posted by Pookie

You'd have to go back to his first few UFC fights, in 2008 and 2009,

That seemed to be his gameplan against David Baron and Mac Danzig, but I'd be surprised to see him do it to Diaz.
aussiemma
5/2/12 6:47:32AM
nate has always struggled with wrestlers, but i have really enjoyed his stand up of late and if nate can keep it on the feet for long enough than i think he can knock jim miller out.
gartface
5/2/12 9:30:42AM
Miller wrestle rape.
ShOgUnWANDerlei
5/4/12 6:59:47PM
Diaz!!!!!!!!!!
aussiemma
5/5/12 7:52:18AM
did you guys see nate at the weigh ins ! he has gradually put more muscle over the years on his lean frame but at these weigh ins he looked the best i ever seen him
twodragunns
5/5/12 9:38:28AM
I just don't see any LW in the UFC walking Nate Diaz down with his striking being what it is ..... Millers face tonight will tell the story as Cerrone's did and Donald Cerrone isn't 5` 9" like Miller is. I had Miller picked all week, but have since changed this pick to Nate Diaz by UD based on his striking ability as well as his overall improved skillset. Nate will have a massive reach advantage and should do enough damage early on to slow Millers late round roll.
cowcatcher
5/5/12 11:53:39AM

Posted by twodragunns

I just don't see any LW in the UFC walking Nate Diaz down with his striking being what it is ..... Millers face tonight will tell the story as Cerrone's did and Donald Cerrone isn't 5` 9" like Miller is. I had Miller picked all week, but have since changed this pick to Nate Diaz by UD based on his striking ability as well as his overall improved skillset. Nate will have a massive reach advantage and should do enough damage early on to slow Millers late round roll.

I just changed my pick today as well. I went into this one thinking that when Diaz has trouble, it's against solid wrestlers, but I can't get past the striking edge or reach coupled with Nate's sub game if he does get taken down. I hope Miller wins, but the more I think about this one, the more it favors Diaz to me.
Dante1105
5/9/12 2:15:19PM
Miller got worked!