Nathan Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Nathan Diaz
loonytnt
1/23/08 11:14:38PM
a lot of people hate on this guy, nate is for real and i hope people start to see it.

nate is a great fighter, give him a year or so i can see him fightin for the belt if he keeps it up
Rush
1/23/08 11:15:55PM
I don't really care for the guy and it seems he is moving in the direction of his brother with respect to attitude.

However, he has increasingly impressed me with his abilities in the past two fights. (Junior and tonight)
loonytnt
1/23/08 11:19:15PM
lol opps didnt see i put it in spoilers sorry
Boo_Radley21
1/23/08 11:20:35PM
He's got a really impressive ground game IMO, he's been looking great I wonder if he can keep it up against some tougher opponents.
loonytnt
1/23/08 11:23:06PM
i think he would do ok, im not sayin he can beat BJ but i think in time he will be top 5 in the LW, he is so young and has so much time to do it
Boo_Radley21
1/23/08 11:24:47PM
Definitely has a lot of potential and a lot of time to train and get better.
Bemin
1/23/08 11:28:01PM
He's one to keep an eye on for sure, but the 155lb division is so damn deep. Lets hope he keeps on winning and keeps his ego and respect for other fighters and fans improves.
loonytnt
1/23/08 11:30:25PM
i think if UFC brings a 145 div in i think he would do good there, and i think they may i got a lil inside info on that buts its not 100% sure yet
Boo_Radley21
1/23/08 11:36:29PM
That would be pretty awesome, I hope they do bring in the Featherweight division. It would be good to see Pulver back in the UFC.
THE_DRiZzLE
1/24/08 12:46:56AM
i like this kid as well.. Diaz has mad skills on the ground and has all the time in the world to improve all around.. i am iffy about his attitude though.. 155 division is way deep with talent and i feel he's being a little to immature in thinking he can just cruise through it.. he is so young and has a lot of potential and shouldn't be in such a rush imo.. but yeah i feel in the not so distant future he'll be in the top 5 in his weight class..

oh yeah.. i had Diaz picked to win by Sub in the 2nd.. so yeah he did better than i had thought he would..
ocho-cinco
1/24/08 12:59:15AM
D is sic for sure. He has great subs, he's so flexible with thoes long legs, it's really hard to deal with. He doesn't have great strength though, it was easy for Robinson to buck him off when he got into the mount, but thats something that will come with age. He obviously has a bright future in the UFC.
candynuts
1/24/08 1:49:00AM
He sucks at trying to talk.
jiujitsufreak74
1/24/08 2:57:45AM
i hate him as a person, i hate his brother, i hate the fact that they smoke weed and i hate his brawler persona...but i can't deny his JJ skills, beautifully executed his submissions well tonight and for that i will tip my hat. although it was painful, a tear trickled down my cheek as he perfectly set up that triangle...as a person i hate him but as a fighter i respect him.
CornishMMA
1/24/08 7:25:52AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i hate him as a person, i hate his brother, i hate the fact that they smoke weed

LOL ............... dude wtf I hate the fact you drink alcohol

I really like Diaz and think he could go far in the UFC LW div, but i really think he loses his next fight which will be a rematch with Manny, i just dont think he could sub him and would lose a decision and his title as TUF
jomatty
1/24/08 9:28:43AM
honestly he impressed me more last night then any other time. i really thought that kid would be too strong for him. those type of guys, the strong wrestlers with top notch sub defense may be his undoing, but he keeps pulling it out so ive got to give him his props. i love his ground style and those that think ground fighting is boring should watch guys like him that just keep going for stuff to learn how exciting it can be.

bjj freak, man if you "hate" people for smoking weed you need to take a hard look at your priorities imo. disagree sure but man if your going to hate people for that kind of stuff you are gonna have a hard life full of hate cause that is pretty minor stuff really (and no i dont smoke and am not a weed advocate).
THE_DRiZzLE
1/24/08 11:07:29AM

i hate him as a person, i hate his brother, i hate the fact that they smoke weed and i hate his brawler persona...but i can't deny his JJ skills, beautifully executed his submissions well tonight and for that i will tip my hat. although it was painful, a tear trickled down my cheek as he perfectly set up that triangle...as a person i hate him but as a fighter i respect him.

sounds like you have issues yo.. the hate is strong with this one.. go talk to your shrink about your Diaz problems..
jiujitsufreak74
1/24/08 4:45:24PM

Posted by jomatty

bjj freak, man if you "hate" people for smoking weed you need to take a hard look at your priorities imo. disagree sure but man if your going to hate people for that kind of stuff you are gonna have a hard life full of hate cause that is pretty minor stuff really (and no i dont smoke and am not a weed advocate).

i think it came out wrong. i hate diaz for his personality and just dislike the fact that both brothers advocate the use of weed. and btw for cornish i don't drink...i am only 16 btw. i understand your point jomatty and i don't hate him for it i just hate that he does it, does that make sense to anyone else? i don't know i am just really anti-drug when it comes to that, and if he smoked weed and didn't promote it that's fine but it is the fact that they both blatantly support it. i don't hate people even if they do that because there are a lot of people on the site that do and are good people...it is just that the diaz brothers aren't good people imo. so its not like i hate all people that smoke weed it is just that it is an aspect i don't admire.
Kracker_Jap
1/25/08 12:16:20PM

Posted by CornishMMA

i hate him as a person, i hate his brother, i hate the fact that they smoke weed

LOL ............... dude wtf I hate the fact you drink alcohol

I really like Diaz and think he could go far in the UFC LW div, but i really think he loses his next fight which will be a rematch with Manny, i just dont think he could sub him and would lose a decision and his title as TUF

Um last time I checked JJFreaks profile said He was 16, if he is drinking I think we should tell his Parents

By the way JJFreak you are a great poster but that one was kinda lame Hate,Hate,Hate

War Diaz brothers!