Nate Quarry to return at UFN 11

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nate Quarry to return at UFN 11
the-james
7/31/07 1:35:35PM
Nate Quarry is returning to the ufc at UFn 11 in a rematch with Pete Sell according to ufc Junkie, its good to see him come back but its hard to tell how good he will be after being out so long with injuries.

what are your toughts?
the-james
7/31/07 2:02:49PM
They are reporting that Cole Miller vs Leonard GArcia is on the card as well.
pv3Hpv3p
7/31/07 2:40:16PM

Posted by the-james

Nate Quarry is returning to the ufc at UFn 11 in a rematch with Pete Sell according to ufc Junkie, its good to see him come back but its hard to tell how good he will be after being out so long with injuries.

what are your toughts?

I'm glad to see that Nate's coming back... He had some serious back issues, right? I hope he feels truely comfortable, and returns in top form...

Hopefully we'll see a fight more like Nate vs Sincade as appose to the result after his fight with Rich

EDIT: Excited to see Garcia back too... I don't think Miller stands much of a chance in this fight, although I like him as a fighter
the-james
7/31/07 3:21:49PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by the-james

what are your toughts?

I'm glad to see that Nate's coming back... He had some serious back issues, right? I hope he feels truely comfortable, and returns in top form...

Hopefully we'll see a fight more like Nate vs Sincade as appose to the result after his fight with Rich

EDIT: Excited to see Garcia back too... I don't think Miller stands much of a chance in this fight, although I like him as a fighter

Yeah Nate had some serious multiple surguries i believe, i hope he comes back in top form aswell and isnt rushing into a comeback, as fro the GArcia Miller fight i believe Cole will take it he has better jiujitsu and his standup is improving alot, Garcia has great ground skills and decent standup aswell but Cole MIller has been training with great guys like Denis Kang At American Top Team and i think that will give him the edge in this fight.
sfmaster
7/31/07 3:25:59PM
I gotta say I will be pulling for sell after how badly he was screwed last time they fought.
the-james
7/31/07 3:32:59PM

Posted by sfmaster

I gotta say I will be pulling for sell after how badly he was screwed last time they fought.

Yeah the last fight was one of the earlyest stoppages ive ever seen, was the ref Herb Dean or Cecil PEoples cant remember anyway im probably going to be pulling for Quarry in this matchup just because of all the bad luck with injuries hes had over the years, he probably would have won TUF 1 and become a superstar if he didnt get injured, and thenm he had some very impressive wins over SIncaid, Sonie Carter and Sell even if it was an early stoppage , then lost his title shot he wasnt ready for, then after that he had serious back injuries and hasnt been able to compete, so im hoping he comes back strong but im also hoping this is a war of a fight, im predicting Quarry to take a decision.
SpiderSilva
7/31/07 7:42:29PM
Well Im glad to see stiff legs back
Ydoc
7/31/07 7:51:16PM
Man that card has a lot of names, so happy we're getting it for free. Like a lot of others have said: Better than 72.
Metafour
7/31/07 10:08:02PM
I'm glad to see that Nate is returning to MMA. I thought he was thinking of retiring after that big knockout. My heart says that Nate is going to end up knocking Pete out, but you have to wonder if an almost 2 year lay off is going to make him rusty or not.
Gladiator
7/31/07 11:29:59PM

Posted by Metafour

I'm glad to see that Nate is returning to MMA. I thought he was thinking of retiring after that big knockout. My heart says that Nate is going to end up knocking Pete out, but you have to wonder if an almost 2 year lay off is going to make him rusty or not.

im glad he isnt retiring, i thought he was. but im pulling for him in this fight, even if the stoppage was premature sell was still rocked and as long as his back is giving him no more trouble i believe he will knock pete out for sure.
kofranklin
8/2/07 9:19:34PM
Was he injured from the Franklin beating?
Gladiator
8/2/07 10:28:19PM

Posted by kofranklin

Was he injured from the Franklin beating?

from what i understand, he had back problems earlier in his life (from a car accident maybe?) and when he fell on his back after franklin knocked him out he reinjured it. so yes from the franklin beating.