Nate Quarry Ready for War Against Tim Credeur

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nate Quarry Ready for War Against Tim Credeur
emfleek
9/14/09 10:35:00AM
In our first look at the UFC Fight Night 19 main card, middleweights Nate Quarry (11-3) and Tim Credeur (12-2) square off in what could be an absolute war on the feet that may produce Fight of the Night honors if neither combatant can finish each other. Quarry is currently 6-2 in the UFC with a loss to Rich Franklin in a middleweight title fight at UFC 56 and a loss to standout grappler Demian Maia at UFC 91. Quarry's most recent win came at UFC 97 over Jason MacDonald in which he finished the veteran inside the first round via TKO by elbows. Credeur has impressively went 3-0 in the promotion following a stint on The Ultimate Fighter, but he tested positive for Adderall before his bout with Cale Yarborough at the TUF Season 7 Finale. He managed to defeat Yarborough at UFN 14 while defeating both Nick Catone and Nate Loughran in his next two fights.

STORY
ace_of_god
9/14/09 11:01:20AM
I am going for the underdog on this one and say Credeur. I know Quarry has done well in the past against sub-guys like MacDonald and Starins, I feel that Tim has the distinct advantage in the sense he has been harder to hit then both those guys.
BustedKnuckle
9/14/09 11:30:10AM
I am feeling the exact opposite. I thikn Nate has the stand up game on lock in this fight. And has good TD defense. I like Tim but he is going to lose this one. TKO 2nd
Nightmare27
9/14/09 11:50:22AM
Credeur has been standing up with his opponents more and more lately, probably not the best idea against Nate. Should be an interesting fight.
SamPan
9/14/09 12:52:56PM
I see Tim as very similar to the Athlete. Except he doesnt tuck his chin. TKO uppercut Rd 1
MattHughesRules
9/14/09 3:47:07PM
I think Quarry will be difficult to get to the ground for Credeur. I think the fight takes place on the feet and Nate ends it in round 2 via TKO.