Nate Quarry?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nate Quarry?
ButterBalls
6/18/07 1:01:14AM
Anybody know what is going on with him? He hasn't fought since 2005 when he got KTFO by Rich...

His website says he had back surgery and is going to be back "soon" but does anyone have any other information?
Naturaldisaster
6/18/07 1:04:22AM
Nate is kinda a friend of mine, I talk to him all the time on myspace and mmamix and last time I talked to him he was looking to be back training by the end of the summer. however I am not sure if he is completely healed from his spinal fusion yet.
ButterBalls
6/18/07 1:06:43AM
good, I hope it goes well for him. I always thought Quarry was a good guy, I just wish he hadn't decided to fight Rich...
ac_gi
6/18/07 2:12:59AM
He will be fighting in the UFC again soon, says him...
LINK
Believe-in-judo81
6/18/07 5:11:09AM
I hope he makes it back, he looked to have some promise until he got thrown in with Ace. But in all honesty, I would be surprised if he called it quits as far as an MMA career goes. He has some rather serious back problems, surgery or not.
Kastro
6/18/07 3:29:50PM
I think Quarry should call it quits or maybe try to drop weight to 170.. is it just me or does he look small at 185 (looks smaller then Swick does IMO).

Im not saying anything bad about him, Quarry is a guy who will dominate smaller orgs but I just dont see him getting past any of the top guys in the UFC unless he moves down to 170 which might be a hard cut.

I wouldn't wanna see him get knocked out like that again.
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 3:46:49PM
I think that he could fare well in the WEC... I know that he had some pretty serious surgery (spine?), and would think that he'd want to take it a little easy on his road back...
blkssncpt
6/18/07 4:09:32PM
I've liked The ROCK since he was on the show but i think cutting down to 170 probably would be a good idea, some of the guys in 185 are pretty big but i thik he might need a little more speed behind those brick's. but nontheless WAR Quarry!!!
SteedTheDeed
6/18/07 7:04:39PM
he currently trains. He trains boxing with Leonard Trigg at my gym and i see him occassionally, he trains grappling at Impact Jiu-Jitsu and i hear he is at Quest very little anymore, don't see him fighting within the next couple months.
Naturaldisaster
6/19/07 5:09:40PM
I would like to see nate come back and fight some one like Ed Herman or Kendall Grove. I think he would beat both of them though
KYGUY07
6/19/07 7:15:55PM
I dont think Nte would beat either of them, your jus sayin that cuz hes your buddy.
JoeMimic
6/19/07 7:23:50PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

he currently trains. He trains boxing with Leonard Trigg at my gym and i see him occassionally, he trains grappling at Impact Jiu-Jitsu and i hear he is at Quest very little anymore, don't see him fighting within the next couple months.

I could've swore I heard that he had completely left Team Quest because he wasn't getting the full type of training he felt he needed. Don't quote me on that though.
SteedTheDeed
6/20/07 6:25:05PM

Posted by JoeMimic

Posted by SteedTheDeed

I could've swore I heard that he had completely left Team Quest because he wasn't getting the full type of training he felt he needed. Don't quote me on that though.

that may be true but if so, it isn't smart.
hippysmacker
6/20/07 9:39:37PM

Posted by ac_gi

He will be fighting in the UFC again soon, says him...
LINK

Awesome, I always pull for guys this classy.
rcg916
6/20/07 9:55:54PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I would like to see nate come back and fight some one like Ed Herman or Kendall Grove. I think he would beat both of them though

He might beat Herman, but I think Kendall would take him...
KYGUY07
6/21/07 12:11:07AM

Posted by rcg916

I dont know herman looked really good in his last fight.
ButterBalls
6/21/07 12:56:30AM

Posted by KYGUY07

Posted by rcg916

I dont know herman looked really good in his last fight.

yeah he did, Herman suprised the shit out of me.
Naturaldisaster
6/21/07 6:40:55AM
yeah I have to give it to him, him gettin out of that Guillotine was amazing
tepid55
6/21/07 1:47:53PM
I think Travis Lutter would be a good opponent for him.
KYGUY07
6/21/07 3:36:14PM

Posted by tepid55

I think Travis Lutter would be a good opponent for him.

I dont think Lutter is very good, I believe Nate would run through him.
tepid55
6/21/07 4:15:44PM
I think Lutter would be a good test for Quarry on the ground.
KYGUY07
6/21/07 4:57:59PM

Posted by tepid55

I think Lutter would be a good test for Quarry on the ground.

yea thats true, but is dana even gonna let lutter back in the ufc?
Naturaldisaster
6/22/07 3:47:33AM
Lutter doesn't deserve to be back in the ufc. Dana and Zuffa (Gave him) another chance to fight in ufc by Being on TUF 4. and lutter wins in but He thanks them by not making weight! making weight should never be an issue. Cut the weight over a period of time, not all of it with the last couple days. so IMO Lutter doesn't deserve to step in the octagon again
thepunisher
6/22/07 8:50:10AM
didn't he get contract for winning tuf 4

so he must have some fights left on it or was it just money and a title shot