Nate And Nick Diaz Launch Into Tirade At UFC Fight Night Presser

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nate And Nick Diaz Launch Into Tirade At UFC Fight Night Presser
Next Page »
Porch28
9/19/08 11:59:59AM
n what was a baffling and undoubtedly rare moment for the media, Nate Diaz was short of salacious quotes about his latest win and opponent Josh Neer. Diaz’s time was limited in dropping four-letter bombs. Why? Because Nate had noly taken his seat in front of reporters at the post-fight press conference when his older brother Nick launched into a tirade that disrupted the interview and left the UFC staff with the unenviable task of keeping the Diaz clan from causing a scene

LINK

VID LINK
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/19/08 12:10:53PM

props to anyone who has more on this.....i really wanna know
manalito
9/19/08 12:15:10PM
mmaweekly has a vid on it, though it doesnt show much, jsut when its about to start in the background. You can hear Nick getting loud, and someone tells him Shut up Bitch or something like that. What does Guida say at the end? I cnat seem to make it out!

http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2763
dabiscuits
9/19/08 12:28:50PM
he says "what a surprise"
wiggum
9/19/08 12:39:16PM
does anybody have a link on the whole post fight conference? or atleast audio?
DoTheMMAth
9/19/08 1:00:22PM
The Diaz brothers acting unprofessional / uncivilized? I dunno man, this story sounds like a stretch to me...
scoozna
9/19/08 1:03:10PM
What an unrewarding job, trying to get fighters to talk about their fights and standing within a division. Someone probably asked Nick Diaz about KJ and Nick went off on him - but I don't think anyone could hear from that vid.

When does anything interesting come out of these interviews? *Occasionally* a fighter talks about their game plan and what went right or what went wrong. Mostly, they say absolutely nothing.
Kugel
9/19/08 1:12:04PM
Thes 2 are never short of controversy. I can't see the link right now, but something interesting always happens when especially Nick is involved.
Jackelope
9/19/08 1:25:00PM

Posted by scoozna

What an unrewarding job, trying to get fighters to talk about their fights and standing within a division. Someone probably asked Nick Diaz about KJ and Nick went off on him - but I don't think anyone could hear from that vid.

When does anything interesting come out of these interviews? *Occasionally* a fighter talks about their game plan and what went right or what went wrong. Mostly, they say absolutely nothing.

and this is the shit that holds the sport back from becoming mainstream accepted. A lot of these fighters pay virtually no respect to the reporters asking them questions. On the one hand you say "Such and such from MMAWeekly.com" and the fighter thinks "who?!?!" but on the other hand these guys have got to realize you've gotta show the press love. For the growth of the sport and for your own reputation.

I get sick of seeing fighters disrespecting interviewers and acting like total punks in front of the camera. The Diaz brothers are notorious for it, but let's be honest here- it's not just them. We need some damn maturity in this sport. The only way it will ever be legitimized is when fighters learn to empower themselves and the media outlets trying to get their names out there.
MALICE
9/19/08 1:25:27PM
I love the Diaz brothers. A lot of people might dislike them because they think they are disrespectful. But when you really think about it, they are very respectful to their opponents, unless they absolutely deserve it, cough KJ Noons cough. Or maybe they think they are disrespectful because they can be loud, and cause scenes. But that doesn't bother me. It brings a little variety to MMA.

If GSP, and now Evans, can play with their nipples before fights, why cant the Diaz brothers drop a few f bombs and talk a little s**t.
motorboatensob
9/19/08 1:41:58PM
Two punks nuf said
gabe531
9/19/08 1:42:30PM
nick and nate dropping F BOMBS is bad in a post fight press conf where the amount of viewers is little is bad for mma but bj penn telling a ppv audience that sean sherk your dead is ok? diaz bros will get hated on because they cuss and tell it like it is. bj is everyones fave and called the prodigy so that makes him ok to bash people

i love nick and nate. they tell whats on there minds. they dont sugarcoat it which some people dont like but this aint jr high and if you cant handle what there saying then dont listen. i perfer honesty over sugarcoating
emfleek
9/19/08 1:49:42PM

Posted by gabe531

i love nick and nate.

I'm not much of a Nick fan, but I do like Nate AS A FIGHTER.

Posted by gabe531

i perfer honesty over sugarcoating

I agree, but there's also a thing called 'tact'.
MMAcca
9/19/08 1:58:11PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

props to anyone who has more on this.....i really wanna know

meier
9/19/08 2:01:00PM
don't mean to be rude but who the frig should really care?
MALICE
9/19/08 2:12:46PM

Posted by emfleek
I agree, but there's also a thing called 'tact'.

I agree, because that is how I was raised. And none of the following is directed towards you.

But as you grow up you develop traits. And nowadays, the words you use is just as much a representation of who you are and where you come form, as the way you dress, eat, walk, talk, act, think, and any other behaviour.

Some people may think it is disrespectful and abnormal. But to them, it is just who they are. And to be normal, is to be yourself.

To look down on them because they act different, is a little bit hypocritical.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/19/08 2:23:54PM

Posted by meier

don't mean to be rude but who the frig should really care?

frig???

really???
emfleek
9/19/08 2:29:52PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

I agree, because that is how I was raised. And none of the following is directed towards you.

But as you grow up you develop traits. And nowadays, the words you use is just as much a representation of who you are and where you come form, as the way you dress, eat, walk, talk, act, think, and any other behaviour.

Some people may think it is disrespectful and abnormal. But to them, it is just who they are. And to be normal, is to be yourself.

I disagree. I'm a foul mouthed fool outside of work. But I know when to keep my mouth shut and what SHOULD be said when I'm on the clock.
MALICE
9/19/08 2:32:41PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

I'm a foul mouthed fool outside of work. But I know when to keep my mouth shut and what SHOULD be said when I'm on the clock.

Me Too!! But who are they hurting by acting the way they do?
emfleek
9/19/08 2:37:48PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

The reputation of both the UFC and MMA in general.
PaleHorse
9/19/08 2:38:22PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

I disagree. I'm a foul mouthed fool outside of work. But I know when to keep my mouth shut and what SHOULD be said when I'm on the clock.

Its just how things are in Stockton, I live in Suckramento so we see their trash get blown up here occasionally, people in this area have this thing about acting hard 24/7. The other night I was leaving a parking lot when all of a sudden this car pulls up next to me saying to get out of their way (note they're next to me, I'm not in anyone's way) and then as I keep driving they speed after me throw something at my car and try to follow me for a while. I've never seen them before, had no idea who they were, or what provoked things, when in fact thats the thing about this area, you don't have to provoke anything to get something dished out to you.

Its just how people are, I pretty much narrowed every incident like that to three reasons. Either you're ****** up off something, crazy, or stupid. I'm pretty sure Nate Diaz used to do meth or something too because Suckramento is also the Meth capitol of the world and you can tell what kind of people do it by different things, their eyes, their mannerisms, their body odor, their speech, and Nate certainly pops up on the radar as someone who probably had a meth problem before. If Nick did meth before he could have fooled me but if Nate told me he did meth I would say "no shit"
PaleHorse
9/19/08 2:41:06PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

God damnit this is going to keep bugging me but how the hell is Kimbo 9-0 and why are you making it look like its his MMA record with kos and subs, he clearly lost to Gannon in a fight that made it look like Kimbo ***** his pants at the thought of versatility and MMA, his crew pretty much banned the idea of MMA and made it into a bare knuckle boxing match instead of a real fight.
MALICE
9/19/08 2:43:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

1 or 2 individuals dropping a few f bombs, and giving the finger, and acting tough are bringing the sport down?

Then how in the hell is the NFL still around? Or the NBA? Everyday it's some superstar in the paper with drugs, or guns, or dog fighting. And the players actions on the field, or on the court, don't exactly define respect, or decency.
Jackelope
9/19/08 2:46:14PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

I'm a foul mouthed fool outside of work. But I know when to keep my mouth shut and what SHOULD be said when I'm on the clock.

I don't necessarily disagree with the original points.

My thing is why don't they give any respect to these interviewers? These interviewers are just fans trying to get their thoughts to even more fans after the fights. Why act hard? Anyone watching the fights should already know you're hard. There's something to be said about being the way you are, and there's something to be said about achieving success, transcending your environment to become a better person and being humble. I prefer the latter as I gauge a person who has that as a better person. To each their own, and you can love Nate for being a punk, but I just don't think he represents himself well. I think the sport could gain a lot more legitimacy in the mainstream if ESPN's highlight clips weren't post fight antics like water bottle throwing or finger flipping.
loller90278
9/19/08 2:46:21PM
i think this is getting blown out of proportion, just watch the interview. besides being a little short with the interviewer (who did a horrible job) nate diaz didn't really do too much to receive all this negative attention.

+ if you're an interviewer, you should know how to appease fighters and play to their personalities.
MALICE
9/19/08 2:47:31PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

Its just how things are in Stockton, I live in Suckramento so we see their trash get blown up here occasionally, people in this area have this thing about acting hard 24/7. The other night I was leaving a parking lot when all of a sudden this car pulls up next to me saying to get out of their way (note they're next to me, I'm not in anyone's way) and then as I keep driving they speed after me throw something at my car and try to follow me for a while. I've never seen them before, had no idea who they were, or what provoked things, when in fact thats the thing about this area, you don't have to provoke anything to get something dished out to you.

Its just how people are, I pretty much narrowed every incident like that to three reasons. Either you're ****** up off something, crazy, or stupid. I'm pretty sure Nate Diaz used to do meth or something too because Suckramento is also the Meth capitol of the world and you can tell what kind of people do it by different things, their eyes, their mannerisms, their body odor, their speech, and Nate certainly pops up on the radar as someone who probably had a meth problem before. If Nick did meth before he could have fooled me but if Nate told me he did meth I would say "no shit"

Guess you might want to give them a little respect for coming from that type of setting, and become successful MMA athletes.
MALICE
9/19/08 2:50:24PM

Posted by loller90278

i think this is getting blown out of proportion, just watch the interview. besides being a little short with the interviewer (who did a horrible job) nate diaz didn't really do too much to receive all this negative attention.

+ if you're an interviewer, you should know how to appease fighters and play to their personalities.

Exactly. Nate did nothing wrong in that interview. He complemented Neer. HE was very humble by saying he thought he was up close to a title shot, but would fight anybody the UFC puts in front of him.
emfleek
9/19/08 3:00:25PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

1 or 2 individuals dropping a few f bombs, and giving the finger, and acting tough are bringing the sport down?

Then how in the hell is the NFL still around? Or the NBA? Everyday it's some superstar in the paper with drugs, or guns, or dog fighting. And the players actions on the field, or on the court, don't exactly define respect, or decency.

The NFL isn't a sport that's trying to grow or trying to gain acceptance from the mainstream crowd, either.
MALICE
9/19/08 3:09:41PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

The NFL isn't a sport that's trying to grow or trying to gain acceptance from the mainstream crowd, either.

I understand that but....the very few negative incidents caused by the Diaz brothers are a tiny fraction of the negative incidents, the NFL and NBA have to deal with on a daily basis.

Steroids, Shootings, Rapes, Drugs, Dog Fighting,

If people can accept these, I hope they can accept a naughty hand gesture, and a few naughty words.
tooly236
9/19/08 3:25:41PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by scoozna

and this is the shit that holds the sport back from becoming mainstream accepted. A lot of these fighters pay virtually no respect to the reporters asking them questions. On the one hand you say "Such and such from MMAWeekly.com" and the fighter thinks "who?!?!" but on the other hand these guys have got to realize you've gotta show the press love. For the growth of the sport and for your own reputation.

I get sick of seeing fighters disrespecting interviewers and acting like total punks in front of the camera. The Diaz brothers are notorious for it, but let's be honest here- it's not just them. We need some damn maturity in this sport. The only way it will ever be legitimized is when fighters learn to empower themselves and the media outlets trying to get their names out there.

Not so fast big guy, you want to watch figure skating go watch figure skating. Love it or hate it, this is great for the sport. This is what will get it main stream, they are not acting, they are unevolved. Look at Terrel Owens in football, most watched player, and very arrogant (is NFL mainstream?) Remember we are watching a sport where people punch and kick each other in the face to win a fight. Not everyone is going to act like GSP after. It takes all kinds.
Pages: [1] 2 3