Nate Marquardt receives title opportunity (rumour)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nate Marquardt receives title opportunity (rumour)
MMA
2/15/07 8:00:33AM
madmarck
2/15/07 9:03:41AM
Thats awesome. I think Nate is the perfect guy to beat Anderson. This match should open up the divsion. I hope the winner of Swick\okanmi gets the title shot after that.
ffforgottenx
2/15/07 9:22:00AM
awesome, its about time nate got his shot.. i think itll be a war
OB_Juan
2/15/07 1:22:59PM
Good. IMO giving it to anybody else would have been a bunch of crap. He's definitely earned it. I think Nate takes it, too.

Next up after that I think it should be Swick (if he beats Okami). Give Rich one more fight after J-Mac (assuming Rich wins that one).
AchillesHeel
2/15/07 1:40:02PM
Well, it's about time.
hippysmacker
2/15/07 1:43:02PM
It said sometime in 2007, so I don't know how excited I would get yet. I know it also said his timing matches up right, but I'm stil not sold until I see The UFC pushing it. Maybe if they start showing his darkmatces on unleashed it would be a start, or promoting him on inside the UFC, I'm not saying he's not deserving, but if Franklin has a dominating performance I think they will try to push that matchup quick.
OB_Juan
2/15/07 1:53:34PM

Posted by hippysmacker

It said sometime in 2007, so I don't know how excited I would get yet. I know it also said his timing matches up right, but I'm stil not sold until I see The UFC pushing it. Maybe if they start showing his darkmatces on unleashed it would be a start, or promoting him on inside the UFC, I'm not saying he's not deserving, but if Franklin has a dominating performance I think they will try to push that matchup quick.

Rich wasn't even competitve vs Anderson. Beating a guy like MacDonald hardly proves he deserves a rematch yet. Let him fight Lutter (who was somewhat competitve) after J-Mac or else a guy like Cote.
hippysmacker
2/15/07 1:58:50PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by hippysmacker

Rich wasn't even competitve vs Anderson. Beating a guy like MacDonald hardly proves he deserves a rematch yet. Let him fight Lutter (who was somewhat competitve) after J-Mac or else a guy like Cote.

No he wasn't , but it was just a bad gameplan ( with a dash of dehydration thrown in) that made him gfet beat so badly to me. EIther way, my post was not about who deserves it, but who I think the UFC will have him fight.
JoeMimic
2/16/07 10:41:29AM
According to MMAweekly; Nate The Great gets his shot in June.
Greene33
2/16/07 12:04:18PM
Nice, Nate is very deserving and this should be a good fight... If this card pans out like the rumours say it will, it will be a damn good card with this match and GSP vs Hughes 3