Do you think Nate Marquardt would be ready for Anderson Silva?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Do you think Nate Marquardt would be ready for Anderson Silva?
FireballKid
10/17/10 9:38:10PM
In all means, I think Nate Marquardt ever since his loss to Silva and Sonnen, has become 10x the better fighter than he was before. He is in my opinion, a favorite for the No. 1 Contender spot. Do you think Nate is ready for Silva if he beats Okami at 122?

Or how would it differ if Belfort was champion?
Taylor8766
10/17/10 10:11:50PM
Well im pretty sure that Okami-Nate wnner gets title shot, I personally think that the would both give Silva a problem or even Belfort.
Twenty20Dollars
10/17/10 10:34:27PM
Nobody is ready for Silva.

Only difference in the rematch might be Marquardt might last more than one round but then again considering the current trend of Silva, who knows.
jae_1833
10/18/10 12:00:38AM
I think Okami is the only one who is going to give Silva trouble out of those mentioned....because of his wrestling, however he lacks the tenacity to capitalize on this ability.If Belfort or Nate defeat Silva I doubt they would be able to hold the title long, probably right until the immediate rematch that the UFC would give him.
seanfu
10/18/10 3:26:51AM

Posted by jae_1833

I think Okami is the only one who is going to give Silva trouble out of those mentioned....because of his wrestling, however he lacks the tenacity to capitalize on this ability.If Belfort or Nate defeat Silva I doubt they would be able to hold the title long, probably right until the immediate rematch that the UFC would give him.

If Okami went strict wrestler he'd probably win a very boo'd decision. I really think Fitch should move up and take a number 1 contender status because either him OR Shields would pin Anderson down and win.
Pookie
10/22/10 6:39:10PM
Depends on when the fight takes place. I feel Vitor is a bigger test, though.