Nate Marquardt, BAMMA Sever Ties; Former UFC Contender Now a Free Agent

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nate Marquardt, BAMMA Sever Ties; Former UFC Contender Now a Free Agent
Poor_Franklin
1/13/12 5:25:46PM
Nate Marquardt's run in BAMMA has come to an end before it ever really started.

According to Marquardt's manager Lex McMahon, the UK-based BAMMA has agreed to release Marquardt from his contract following the organization's decision to delay their ninth event from Feb. 11 to March 24. Marquardt was scheduled to fight Yoshiyuki Yoshida in the main event of BAMMA 9 for the organization's welterweight title.

This marks the second time BAMMA has delayed Marquardt's promotional debut, as he was originally scheduled to fight for BAMMA in December.

MMAFIGHTING
Poor_Franklin
1/13/12 5:26:36PM
Rumble vs Marquardt at 195! Tachi Palace Fights needs to book this ASAP
Chael_Sonnen
1/13/12 5:27:07PM
BEL-LA-TOR
prophecy033
1/13/12 6:13:41PM
He never even fought for them, if I was him I'd be heading to Bellator fo' shizzy.

EDIT: might see what pro elite has to offer
Kpro
1/13/12 10:56:25PM
I don't think he'll change his stance on having to go through an 8 man field to fight Lombard with Bellator.

DREAM's MW title has been vacant for years since Mousasi moved up to LHW and Gerald Harris just entered the DREAM MW division. Harris is also the Shark Fights MW champ, so that's a possibility in two organizations on HDNet. I don't think Nate is looking for a non-title fight. If Zuffa wanted to bring him back under Strikeforce he could do a #1 contender fight against Robbie Lawler while Rockhold recovers from his broken hand. MFC has a vacant MW title and has Thales Leites and Terry Martin along with being on HDNet. Only other option I can think of is Pro Elite, also on HDNet. They've got Kendall Grove, Joe Riggs, Minowaman, and I'm sure will expand as they have solid financial backing.
MMAcca
1/14/12 6:11:45AM
Another example of BAMMA messing things up.

Absolute joke of a promotion.