Nate Marquardt vs. Anderson Silva II

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Nate Marquardt vs. Anderson Silva II
POLL: Who wins and how?
Anderson KO/TKO 81% (42)
Anderson Submission 6% (3)
Anderson Decision 0% (0)
Nate KO/TKO 6% (3)
Nate Submission 2% (1)
Nate Decision 6% (3)
gartface
9/8/08 11:37:14AM
Silva's dominance over the division is very clear. But Nate looked awesome against Martin Kampmann, and I think that if he was to fight Anderson again, he'd possible pose some problems.
I think Nate and Dan are the only people in the UFC that can possibly pose a problem for him.
So who do you think wins, and how?
AchillesHeel
9/8/08 11:56:56AM
I think Nate might make it to the 2nd round.
Rush
9/8/08 12:31:01PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I think Nate might make it to the 2nd round.

Yeah.
Cdellorso
9/8/08 1:38:30PM
Nate is definately second behind Hendo (IMO) but im not sure he can beat Siva unless maybe RANDY plans it out for him....
nickcuc547
9/8/08 2:14:40PM
anderson is better standing and on the ground, the only way marquardt wins is by lay and pray, which is highly unlikely. he could also catch anderson because he does have decent hands but the odds are not with him.
postman
9/8/08 3:20:55PM
It seemed Nate might have had a little stage fright I would love to see him get another shot. I don't know that he would win but he is a top guy for sure.
DJDark41
9/8/08 3:41:45PM
Only thing that would change in the rematch from the original fight would be the length of the fight. I could see Marquardt SURVIVING the first round, but getting finished off in the second.
ohiostate1016
9/8/08 3:56:45PM
Probably the same thing that happened before.
Twenty20Dollars
9/8/08 4:12:10PM
Theres also this guy named Okami who poses some problems for anderson silva. So Silva is full up for awhile. Cote,Okami, Hendo 2, Marquardt 2.
MFOTHER
9/8/08 8:00:15PM

Posted by Cdellorso

Nate is definately second behind Hendo (IMO) but im not sure he can beat Siva unless maybe RANDY plans it out for him....

come on man.....true randy is really god with the game plans, but give jackson some credit, he's helped tons of guys get the W from tough opponents due to his great plans,and gettin the fighters to stick to them....like jardine, rashad and nate just a few days ago, and your boy GSP
gartface
9/8/08 8:01:26PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Theres also this guy named Okami who poses some problems for anderson silva. So Silva is full up for awhile. Cote,Okami, Hendo 2, Marquardt 2.

I apologize, I completely forgot about Okami. Styles make fights, and the main thing that all three of those guys have in common is strength and good wrestling. Henderson had the right strategy in the first fight, until he decided to try and stand and bang with Anderson in the second round. Marquardt did the same thing in the first fight as well. I've never watched the Okami fight with Anderson, but it ended in a disqualification from what I know.
I actually think that Marquardt will pose a great threat if they are to fight a second time. I think that Dan Henderson also will pose that same threat. I'm not saying they will win, but they definitely have a better shot than the first time they fought him.
jae_1833
9/8/08 11:17:49PM

Yeah, WTF UFC!!!! Give the guy his shot....Cote doesn't stand much of a chance, niether does Thales Lietes IMO, Hendo....50%, same with Nate.
gartface
9/9/08 1:26:51AM

Posted by jae_1833

Yeah, WTF UFC!!!! Give the guy his shot....Cote doesn't stand much of a chance, niether does Thales Lietes IMO, Hendo....50%, same with Nate.

Okami broke his hand during the training for the title fight, that's why Cote is fighting Anderson.
pv3Hpv3p
9/9/08 3:48:57PM
I couldn't imagine the fight going any differently than the first... His striking has improved, but unless a guy's a striker first and then a ground guy (what I mean is have that bred-in ability to stand) he doesn't really stand a chance at beating Anderson Silva... Nate looked good, but Kampann is no ASilva...

The only guy that I really see beating Anderson Silva is a K-1 level striker... And that's if Anderson wants to stand for the whole fight... And the K-1 level guy has to get lucky too
copcopps
9/9/08 7:34:26PM
Anderson by sheer pounding
mkiv9secsupra
9/9/08 7:40:16PM
This would still be the same exact matchup as before. Marquardt has always been a pretty good striker and had a great ground game. Nothing has really changed since the last fight so Anderson TKO in the 1st round.