Nate Diaz responds to Maynard match-up: 'F*** that, I'm fighting Pettis'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nate Diaz responds to Maynard match-up: 'F*** that, I'm fighting Pettis'
FastKnockout
9/9/13 1:34:11PM
Nate Diaz has responded to the UFC's announcement of his rematch with Gray Maynard at the TUF 18 Finale in his own inimitable style.

Link
prozacnation1978
9/9/13 1:42:17PM
Shit just fake a injury and get out of it

I think the match up doesnt make sense at all
quezocrema0032
9/9/13 2:42:23PM
I dont think the UFC understands, Nate IS GOING TO FIGHT Pettis. If they don't schedule it he will throw a shoe at him (like Nick did to Diego) & Will begin to fight Pettis back stage lol. I'm sure he will fight Gray since I'm imaging they have a contract signed since the ufc announced there going to headline, he's just making it clear he's fighting Pettis either way haha. Personally I want to see Nate fight Diego Sanchez. I think Diego is washed up enough that even if Sanchez lands a few take downs Nate will murder him enough on the feet for the win.

But to be clear Fu#k that he's fighting Pettis

For some reason I find Nate muchhhh funnier then Nick
BillsNewAccount
9/9/13 3:42:17PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

I dont think the UFC understands, Nate IS GOING TO FIGHT Pettis. If they don't schedule it he will throw a shoe at him (like Nick did to Diego) & Will begin to fight Pettis back stage lol. I'm sure he will fight Gray since I'm imaging they have a contract signed since the ufc announced there going to headline, he's just making it clear he's fighting Pettis either way haha. Personally I want to see Nate fight Diego Sanchez. I think Diego is washed up enough that even if Sanchez lands a few take downs Nate will murder him enough on the feet for the win.

But to be clear Fu#k that he's fighting Pettis

For some reason I find Nate muchhhh funnier then Nick

Nate's homie, Gil, is fighting Diego.

And let's not forget the equally hilarious time he thew a water bottle at KJ Noon's dad and followed it up by adding that old man was drunk and begging for it.
FlashyG
9/9/13 3:54:07PM
A guy that is one loss from being cut probably shouldn't be trying to call out the champ.
Bubbles
9/9/13 5:35:04PM

Posted by FlashyG

A guy that is one loss from being cut probably shouldn't be trying to call out the champ.

I think his job is safe. He is Dana's favourite type of fighter, he likes to stand and bang. It's not like he's losing to bottom of the UFC ladder guys like Leonard Garcia was

but what's wrong with calling for title shots? Matt Brown and Connor McGregor have been doing that for a while now after beating mid level talent. Diaz has top 10 wins
jay98107
9/9/13 5:39:17PM

Posted by FlashyG

1 loss from being cut? That seems extreme. Losing to Thomson wasn't great for his standing in the UFC but he's still an exciting draw who earned a title shot 2 fights ago.
Webbie
9/9/13 5:39:42PM
Could the Diaz brothers really be any less intelligent?

With that said, I have no interest in a rematch between Diaz/Maynard, and Pettis would destroy Nate, similar to the way Josh Thomson did.
BillsNewAccount
9/9/13 5:52:22PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by FlashyG

1 loss from being cut? That seems extreme. Losing to Thomson wasn't great for his standing in the UFC but he's still an exciting draw who earned a title shot 2 fights ago.

You are allowed 3 additional losses after a title fight loss. It's the Dan Hardy rule.

Also, any fighter coming off a title fight loss can call out another champion.
It's the Chael Sonnen rule.

Nate seems to be conforming to all the UFC rules so I will allow the Pettis fight to happen.
FlashyG
9/9/13 6:00:47PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FlashyG

I think his job is safe. He is Dana's favourite type of fighter, he likes to stand and bang. It's not like he's losing to bottom of the UFC ladder guys like Leonard Garcia was

but what's wrong with calling for title shots? Matt Brown and Connor McGregor have been doing that for a while now after beating mid level talent. Diaz has top 10 wins

Obviously I don't think he'll actually be cut if he loses his next fight, but he's far closer to being cut than he is to another title shot.

Matt Brown called for a title shot after 7 straight wins and McGregor after 10 straight.

Who you are beating and losing too doesn't really matter when it comes to making cuts...Its all about how much you're paid vs how much you bring in sales wise. Fitch wasn't exactly losing to bottom of the division guys but he's gone.
jay98107
9/9/13 8:25:44PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FlashyG

Obviously I don't think he'll actually be cut if he loses his next fight, but he's far closer to being cut than he is to another title shot.

Matt Brown called for a title shot after 7 straight wins and McGregor after 10 straight.

Who you are beating and losing too doesn't really matter when it comes to making cuts...Its all about how much you're paid vs how much you bring in sales wise. Fitch wasn't exactly losing to bottom of the division guys but he's gone.

The quote "A guy that is one loss from being cut" had me fooled.
DrivenDavies15
9/9/13 10:02:37PM
Pictured Nate saying this and laughed pretty hard. I don't mind the Maynard fight personally. I'd love to see Diaz v Pettis one day though, that has AWESOME FUCKING FIGHT written all over it
Bubbles
9/9/13 11:45:18PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

You are allowed 3 additional losses after a title fight loss. It's the Dan Hardy rule.

that didn't apply to Cote
BillsNewAccount
9/10/13 12:31:17AM

Posted by Bubbles

that didn't apply to Cote

yes... but he did lose three in a row in the UFC after his title loss and still has his job... 4 if you count Sakara and I do. The back of the head is a vague place. it could be anywhere really. I'd say Sakara was hitting him behind the nose.
bjj1605
9/10/13 1:59:49AM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by FlashyG

Also, any fighter coming off a title fight loss can call out another champion.
It's the Chael Sonnen rule.

Nate seems to be conforming to all the UFC rules so I will allow the Pettis fight to happen.

Tried to prop you for this. This post is full of win.

Obviously this fight makes no sense and should not happen though.
Boo_Radley21
9/10/13 4:43:30PM
Always been a fan of Diaz, and the word fuck