POLL: Ulitmate Fighter 5 Champion is...
...Nate Diaz 55% (53)
...Manny Gambaryan 45% (43)
Ultimate_fighter
6/15/07 12:09:19AM
Who's gonna win this one?
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:19:45AM
so hard to call this one, but ill be pulling for manny just because of his family vs nates(thats the only way i can even chose this one). if june 23 is anywhere close to this past tuesday it should be a GREAT night of fights. and for monstah to be on the card is complete bs, i hope he gets pulled and they give grey, joe, cory, or someone more deserving a shot at making the card
ProfessorChaos
6/15/07 12:23:55AM
Damn you killed it for all the west coasters. At least wait until 11:00pm wct before making these threads please. I didn't go in the thread dedicated to TUF fora reason.

Can't say I'm surprised though. I had Nate, Corey, Lauzon, and Manny in my top 4. With Nate fighting Lauzon in the finals.
Mayo
6/15/07 12:35:41AM
Manny is going to pulverize Nate. Nate didn't have a very good fight. On the other hand Manny had a great fight.
Northrend
6/15/07 3:25:35AM
Nate by submission in second round. Was very impressed by his non-stop submission attempts. I didn't show Nate any respect in the start of this season but damn has he impressed the hell out of me. Hope he wins the show =)
Naturaldisaster
6/15/07 3:44:18AM
manny is a beast but nate is dangerous to. this is gonna be a great fight but I see manny by ko in round 2
Aether
6/15/07 3:51:51AM
I had joe and manny in the finals, unfortunately they faced each other sooner than that. Nate hasn't impressed me all that much, his ground game is pretty solid and it's really the only way I see him pulling off a win. I'm guessing manny is going to muscle him around, slam him down and GnP his way to victory in round 2.
hippysmacker
6/15/07 7:06:57AM
These were my picks ( always had Nate, took Manny after I saw his first fight on the show) so I'm happy, sorry I just pulled a muscle patting myself on the back. That being said, I think Manny is just too strong for Nate right now. I think Nate better have buffed up between the end of the show and the finale, or Manny will just manhandle him the same way Gray did. I think Manny's sub-defense is superior to Grays right now, so he won't get caught in one. So basically, unless a bigger/Stronger Nate shows up for the finale, Manny.
thepunisher
6/15/07 7:53:18AM
I say Manny
hook_tothe_body
6/15/07 8:39:07AM
You guys are right when you say it's a tough fight to call.

I agree with hippy when he says that Manny is too strong for Nate. So I don't think we'll see Nate tap Manny out with an armbar or anything like that.

But Nate is better on the ground. I mean the guy trains with Cesar Gracie, his brother Nick, and Dave Terrell. So Nate could sink in a choke if he can get Mannys back.

So once it hits the ground, I see Manny landing some punches, but pretty much just trying to hold position and maybe look for a submission, nothing too risky.

If Nate can keep the fight on the feet, use his reach, I don't think Manny has a good chance at winning the fight. Nate has a lot of reach on him. I think, he's a lot taller anyway.
Mastodon2
6/15/07 9:50:17AM
Man Im so pissed that Lauzon cant win the contract now. We will see more of him though, he is phenomenal, he KO'd Pulver easier than Gomi did, and he looked great on the show. He will be in the UFC in the future for sure.

I think Manny will win the final, he is just too strong for Nate, Nate is quite weak. Manny is just gonna pound him. Perhaps Nate will learn some humility...or maybe not
AchillesHeel
6/15/07 11:11:37AM
Anyone know who these guys have been training with since the show ended?
KYGUY07
6/15/07 2:06:07PM
there both good fighters i kinda think it could go either way, but i think diaz will catch manny with a submission for the win.
Damien6663
6/15/07 8:15:36PM
Wait did the nate vs gray show air after manny vs lauzon??? damnit i missed it didnt know it was 2 episodes, any1 kno if i can watch it online?
Gkizi
6/15/07 10:19:27PM
It's gonna be a hell of a fight,anything can happen,but I think Manny will take it.
mkiv9secsupra
6/15/07 10:59:58PM
diaz by late 2nd/3rd round sub....

manny has won because he catches his opponents by surprise with the pace he is pushing the fight. Against a guy like diaz who can take a punch AND last forever i think manny will get tired and frustrated when he cant TKO nate and hes gonna get caught in a sub.
ac_gi
6/20/07 2:36:50AM
I see Nate and think Nick. However, Nate is no where near his brother in skill level. Nate doesn't seem to have that KO power that his brother has. He will have to rely on his submission skills. So the question is, Can Nate submit Manny? I don't think so.

I see Manny GnP'ing Nate for a UD.
mkiv9secsupra
6/20/07 3:26:26AM

Posted by ac_gi
Nate doesn't seem to have that KO power that his brother has.

yeah Nick proved that against Gomi...he has the ability for the TKO but KO power is not his forte by any means.

Nate seems hesitant to strike. I think he puts too much focus on his ground skills when he has the potential to be very dangerous standing. But i still picked Nate because Manny just seemed too sloppy.
ac_gi
6/20/07 4:09:37AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by ac_gi
Nate doesn't seem to have that KO power that his brother has.

yeah Nick proved that against Gomi...he has the ability for the TKO but KO power is not his forte by any means.

Nate seems hesitant to strike. I think he puts too much focus on his ground skills when he has the potential to be very dangerous standing. But i still picked Nate because Manny just seemed too sloppy.

What does saying he has "KO power" have anything to do with his forte? So because he has a black belt from a gracie, then he's a submission guy? I don't think so... Nick has 7 KO victories and 5 sub victories.

And he does have KO power, ask Lawler.
Believe-in-judo81
6/20/07 5:57:48AM
Manvel by UD, believe in judo.
fatdevil1982
6/20/07 7:08:17AM
nate by sub

thats what im pulling for
kmansoori6
6/20/07 8:40:16AM
Hopefully Gamburyan takes it, I don't like the Diaz family attitude. Don't get me wrong they are both phenomenal fighters, and I would be lucky to have half their skill on the ground, but I gotta go with the armenian on this one.
Manfred
6/20/07 10:17:05AM
Rooting for Nate cause Manny rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. (And he beat my pick and favorite Lauzon)

Nate could pull off a sub but Joe said he had a tough time because he has no neck and short limbs.

Nate's jits is obviously leaps and bounds over Joe's, so 60/40 in favor of Nate via sub over Manny lay 'n pray
Mastodon2
6/20/07 3:40:41PM

Posted by ac_gi

I see Nate and think Nick. However, Nate is no where near his brother in skill level. Nate doesn't seem to have that KO power that his brother has. He will have to rely on his submission skills. So the question is, Can Nate submit Manny? I don't think so.

I see Manny GnP'ing Nate for a UD.

I wouldnt really say that Nick has KO power, he has only won two fights by KO, but he has long arms so he can bombard people with punches, so he scores TKOs a lot
ac_gi
6/20/07 10:59:02PM
Wow, I thought Nate would be the run away favorite. This is as even as they come. I can't wait for this fight.
cmill21
6/20/07 11:00:06PM
Manny will take him down, get on top, and bore me to death...then win by decision like he did in his previous victories.
ijung
6/21/07 2:54:23AM
Both have good technique, especially Nates BJJ. However Manny's strength combined with his skill will make it hard for Nate to pull a sub. I got Manny with a split decesion.
Leland
6/21/07 1:56:31PM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Manvel by UD, believe in judo.

haha props. I believe
Basshandsome
6/21/07 2:31:25PM
I see Manny getting the take down early. Although I think Diaz is good off his back so I think he will be able to pull a triangle or make his way to top position and be able to pull another submission because he is relentless in his submission attempts...

Diaz 2nd round Sub
Aether
6/21/07 5:12:51PM
I think manny is just too strong for someone as tall and wiry as nate. He's really going to have to use his BJJ well to pull this off imo. I was hoping to see lauzon and manny in the finals personally.
Pages: [1] 2