why is nate diaz favored 73% over kurt?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » why is nate diaz favored 73% over kurt?
WhiteWidow
3/28/08 10:20:23PM
im wondering why this isnt one isnt closer in the eyes of the playground?

also why are most ppl so confident florian is going to win and ppl saying this is a step down for florian and lauzon dosnt deserve this fight?
Pookie
3/28/08 10:41:30PM
alot of people recognize that kurt is a definite threat to Nate, but that doesnt mean they are going to pick kurt because of it. The eyes of the playground has no say, its what the members pick that does.

Rush
3/28/08 11:33:28PM
I picked Kurt.
DevonFoxy
3/28/08 11:40:41PM

Posted by Rush

I picked Kurt.

As did I
bullettdodger
3/28/08 11:48:11PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by Rush

I picked Kurt.

As did I

Yeah i picked Kurt. Placed a large wager, and put him in my parlay... cause of his odds. Not really sure why he is the "underdog" but its fine with me to get odds for the fighter i want to pick... I mean that kick he took in his last fight was insane, He is tough and i think he will give Nate a beat down. Nate is good, but i don't think he is on the same level as Kurt. I mean Kurt went the distance with Stevenson and he just fought BJ for the belt...
jiujitsufreak74
3/28/08 11:54:06PM

Posted by WhiteWidow

also why are most ppl so confident florian is going to win and ppl saying this is a step down for florian and lauzon dosnt deserve this fight?

shhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't let everyone else know you'll mess up the odds...
WhiteWidow
3/29/08 12:00:11AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by WhiteWidow

sorry then, was just wondering
ChokeUout
3/29/08 2:10:46AM

Posted by Pookie

alot of people recognize that kurt is a definite threat to Nate, but that doesnt mean they are going to pick kurt because of it. The eyes of the playground has no say, its what the members pick that does.

This guy is right on the money.

The fight card is full of fights that could go either way. THese are two of them. I, myself, picked Nate and Kenny, because I feel both of them could win their prespective fights by many methods, but Kurt and Joe could too.

THe popular opinion is probably that both will be good fights, but out of those 73%, 53% of that probably think It'll still be a tough fight for Nate
xchickox
3/29/08 11:09:18AM
yeah i definately see kurt as a big threat but diaz has looked amazing in his last couple of fights and think he will be too much for kurt

with the florian/lauzon fight i dont think its a step down for florian but i think he will win, only person he has looked bad against was sherk (because sherk is so strong)
Styles
3/29/08 11:43:21AM
Kurts Ground game and JJ skills are way better, his striking is better, he is more focused on winning a fight, as Nate like to prance around and run that mouth he cant really back-up. When has nate even really been in a fight that he absolutly controlled? I can only think of 1, maybe 2 against nobody's. Kurt needed that lose to Joe, and Kurt will beat Joe on the next go round. Too bad Kurt broke his hands on Joe's thick ass skull...LOL.

Going for the local to competely rip Nate apart and show everyone that Nates talent is still a few years away. I say Nate walks away with something on his head broke, and I am not just talking about his ego either.
CornishMMA
3/29/08 4:04:35PM

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by WhiteWidow

sorry then, was just wondering

LOL yeah i hate it when people start threads like this

But heres the IRONY ........ the last time me and svartorm didnt like it was for Robinson who actually lost to Diaz, so i guess we are wrong then and everyone should pick Diaz
Ultimate_fighter
3/29/08 11:45:31PM
Maybe cuz Diaz is so damn good. Dont get me wrong, kurts good too, but diaz has nick trainin him. Nick is very talented. Kurt is too but not as talented as diaz. I think.
WhiteWidow
3/30/08 5:42:22AM

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL yeah i hate it when people start threads like this

whats that? your trolling to get in your douche points for the day? good for you lil guy good analysis of the question at hand bravo, so very impressive what is your secret.... guiness?
bullettdodger
3/30/08 12:46:40PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Maybe cuz Diaz is so damn good. Dont get me wrong, kurts good too, but diaz has nick trainin him. Nick is very talented. Kurt is too but not as talented as diaz. I think.

Yeah, i guess its a good thing Kurt is fighting Nate and not Nick... otherwise i might be worried about my pick of "Batman"...