Nate Diaz vs Clay Guida UFC 94 fight official

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nate Diaz vs Clay Guida UFC 94 fight official
Next Page »
MMAcca
12/6/08 1:00:20AM
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 5 lightweight winner Nate Diaz (10-2) will indeed battle Clay Guida (24-9) at UFC 94: “St. Pierre vs. Penn 2,” which is scheduled for the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on January 31, according to GracieFighter.com.

The 155-pound competitors were previously penciled in to collide at TUF 8 Finale on December 12; however, the bout fell through because of a foot injury sustained by “The Carpenter” in training.

It was apparently a fight worth waiting for and is now set to take place on the monster Super Bowl weekend pay-per-view (PPV) show.

LINK
StorminYourman
12/6/08 1:08:11AM
Rooting for Diaz
Smart money on Guida
loller90278
12/6/08 1:09:42AM
easy fight to call, guida is going to lay on him for 3 rounds

Greene33
12/6/08 1:10:32AM
Gotta go with the hometown boy. Guida takes this UD.
gartface
12/6/08 1:28:05AM

Posted by loller90278

I beg to differ, especially with as small as Diaz is. I think that Guida will constantly be looking for the big takedown/slam. He's going to throw Nate around the cage like nobody's business.
Guida by UD!
EvenFlow
12/6/08 1:42:40AM
i would give nick a great chance against guida, not so much nate

guida is f'ing awesome, i say he stops nate in the 3rd, tko
loller90278
12/6/08 2:19:42AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by loller90278

I beg to differ, especially with as small as Diaz is. I think that Guida will constantly be looking for the big takedown/slam. He's going to throw Nate around the cage like nobody's business.
Guida by UD!

yah he'll get 1 takedown each round and hold him there.

i dunno, guida is my least favorite fighter
Wolfenstein
12/6/08 2:25:37AM
I doubt Clay will be able to lay on Nate for three rounds. It seems like easy money to me for Nate. Guida likes to take guys down, and has a tendency to leave himself open for submissions. Nate is good off his back, and nearly half his wins are via triangle, which is exactly what I see happening to Guida.
StorminYourman
12/6/08 2:49:15AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I doubt Clay will be able to lay on Nate for three rounds. It seems like easy money to me for Nate. Guida likes to take guys down, and has a tendency to leave himself open for submissions. Nate is good off his back, and nearly half his wins are via triangle, which is exactly what I see happening to Guida.

It sounds good here but I see Gida a bit too quick for Nate.However I always do like the slick subs
loller90278
12/6/08 3:22:37AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

if marcus aurelio and mac danzig couldn't sub guida, i doubt nate will.
Pookie
12/6/08 5:12:42AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Wolfenstein

the aurelio fight rarely hit the ground, and danzig's bjj isnt as good as nates... not even close IMO.

Nate by sub 1rst or second
MMAcca
12/6/08 5:53:32AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Wolfenstein

the aurelio fight rarely hit the ground, and danzig's bjj isnt as good as nates... not even close IMO.

I agree. And from his back whilst being pressured.
jakeiceman
12/6/08 7:48:08AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Pookie

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Wolfenstein

Not a chance in hell fella's, Nate has great Jits but Guida's JJ defense is pretty stellar. I think Guida is on another level and in my opinion if he had gotten past Huerta, would have been in the upper echelon of the 155 lb. division. I dont know that Guida will finish him but he should handle him pretty easily.

Guida UD or maybe a late stoppage.

Solidus
12/6/08 9:13:10AM
Nate's got this one. Guida has been subbed 5 times in his career so its not like it would be a first, and Nate has phenomenal BJJ. I also think Guida is going to want to keep it standing, so if anything we'll see Nate trying to take him down.
gabe531
12/6/08 9:50:25AM
should be a very good fight if guida avoids the gameplan he had vs danzig and try to look like hughes vs lytle. guida should want to keep it standing i think he has the advantage there and while his wrestling maybe better then nates, his bjj def is not as good as nates bjj. nate has some sick bjj and whoever said that if danzig couldnt sub him nate wont better watch some of each of those guys fights. nate is possibly the best brown belt in mma, and danzig is not close to his level no matter what belt he has.

this fight is goin to be very close and neither fighter is a lock imo but im staying with nate until he loses.
gabe531
12/6/08 9:53:35AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Pookie

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Wolfenstein

Not a chance in hell fella's, Nate has great Jits but Guida's JJ defense is pretty stellar. I think Guida is on another level and in my opinion if he had gotten past Huerta, would have been in the upper echelon of the 155 lb. division. I dont know that Guida will finish him but he should handle him pretty easily.

ok you say not a chance in hell about nate subbing guida then say that guida will win by ud or LATE STOPPAGE? guida has 7 fights in the ufc and most of them go to dec unless he gets to beat up on some cans. i see better chance of nate finishing this fight before guida would finish it. i love the matchup and it will be a good fight but guida by late stoppage is not likely to happen
nickcuc547
12/6/08 10:14:51AM
guida will make a mistake, he is relentless but nate will lul you to sleep and slap on a sub, i think he catches guida in a triangle or arm bar late in the fight, snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat.
Chuteboxer
12/6/08 10:46:08AM
I would love to see Guida win, but the way Nate's been fighting lately...I just don't know who to pick. at this point, the safest thing to do is pick Nate, but put money down on Guida.
warglory
12/6/08 11:21:47AM
I am taking Guida in this fight.
postman
12/6/08 11:38:33AM
I know Guida is very active but he still is very boring to me. Its like he dose a lot of nothing. He usually gets some nice slams and at the the 10 second sticks usually likes to "turn it on" throwing a bunch of punches but never really landing anything. His pace and cardio is amazing but thats all the love I can give him. I hope Nate pulls the sub. How much of Nates training do you think will start with Gilbert in top postion?
Jackelope
12/6/08 12:04:48PM
Nate might have the answer to Guida in the form of an Omoplata transition. It's the anti-wrestler.

I'll be rooting my ass off for my boy Guida, though.
higdon10
12/6/08 12:08:25PM
Guida is going to be on him for 15 minutes at 100 mph. Nate will have no answer for the Guida's pace. He is going to smother him and probably finish him late. I think that this is a bad matchup for Diaz.
Wallass
12/6/08 12:10:17PM
For sure Guida by Decision.
Pitbull09
12/6/08 12:20:39PM
Find out Mac and Neer were fighting, it kinda hinted that they were going to make this fight also. I think the winner of this gets to fight next for a contender spot.
bullettdodger
12/6/08 12:40:15PM

Posted by Solidus

Nate's got this one. Guida has been subbed 5 times in his career so its not like it would be a first, and Nate has phenomenal BJJ. I also think Guida is going to want to keep it standing, so if anything we'll see Nate trying to take him down.

The only way Nate is getting this to the ground is by busting guard, there is no way Guida ia getting taken down by Nate. If Clay wants the fight standing I think he can keep it there... and on that basis i think Clay takes this fight... but Nate has screwed me over by pulling a sub (cough cough the Pellegrino fight still hurts my pride) on more than one occasion
xtra_chewy
12/6/08 12:46:58PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

My views as well. I like both these guys, Guida will outmuscle him to the mat only to be finished via Nate's triangle.
Mayhem13
12/6/08 1:19:42PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Wolfenstein

Neither of them have 9 foot long legs either.

I think nates long legs makes his ju jitsu more dangerous then it is. Especially off his back. Where he will be spending most of this fight.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
12/6/08 1:22:17PM
nate easily outboxes guida with his long reach/superior boxing. When guida goes for the take down, he gets triangled round 2 .
prozacnation1978
12/6/08 2:09:09PM
they had this fight rumored for months
should be a great fight i do see a decision as a outcome for either guy
jakeiceman
12/6/08 2:50:06PM

Posted by gabe531

Posted by jakeiceman

ok you say not a chance in hell about nate subbing guida then say that guida will win by ud or LATE STOPPAGE? guida has 7 fights in the ufc and most of them go to dec unless he gets to beat up on some cans. i see better chance of nate finishing this fight before guida would finish it. i love the matchup and it will be a good fight but guida by late stoppage is not likely to happen

What exactly was the point of your response? I'm not being rude but I said "maybe" a late stoppage......in fact I said that I was thinking a UD for Guida. I only said late stoppage because Guida actually has decent striking for being as unorthodox as it is and he did put Marcus on his ass but couldnt finish him. If your point was that you thought Nate had a better chance of finishing then cool, thats your opinion but the main point of mine was that I DO NOT THINK NATE WILL SUB HIM.....it wasnt neccisarily that Guida will stop him because I really dont think he will, it will most likely be another exciting decision win.

Also you mention Guida fighting cans in the UFC??? Are you kidding, he has been fighting upper level oppenents for the majority of the last 2 years easy. He took Tyson Griffin to a razor close decision loss (I think he won) and Giffin just fought Sherk which was basicly a future #1 contender fight. Also he fought Huerta who will be near the top soon and was laying a beating on him before being caught.....so uhhh yeah CANS? Not likely
Pages: [1] 2