Nate Diaz added to UFC Fight Night Card (Pelligrino likely opponent)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nate Diaz added to UFC Fight Night Card (Pelligrino likely opponent)
CornishMMA
2/19/08 1:32:05PM
Nathan Daz has been added to the April 2nd, UFC Fight Night card. Diaz has submitted every opponent he has faced in the Octagon and is looking to continue his winning streak. He will be facing tough competition and we hope to announce his opponent in the next couple of days.

LINK
CornishMMA
2/19/08 1:34:13PM
So that now makes absolutely sure of it being 3 hours no way they would have 10 fights and only show 4, and leave Diaz on the prelims!

Best Fight Night Card Ever BY FAR!
KYGUY07
2/19/08 1:40:00PM
No doubt this will be the best fight night ever.
cj_striker
2/19/08 1:40:43PM
I pray it is Batman, because I'd love to see him KTFO of Diaz. Seeing how both these guys have good jiu-jitsu, Pelligrino will probably keep it standing IMO he has better standup. I respect Diaz as a fighter, but cannot stand him as a person. Go Batman, if you are the one he'll be facing.
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 1:45:28PM
such a good match up...i believe nate will win.
waylon_o
2/19/08 2:04:02PM
They need to feed Diaz to Manny...I'm confident it will be a different story if Manny can stay in one piece
nickcuc547
2/19/08 2:17:07PM
that seals the deal, best uf ever, this is actually better than ufc 78 too.
Sir_Karl
2/19/08 2:24:18PM
That's a great match!
I pick Nate by choke within the first round and a half.
CornishMMA
2/19/08 2:26:51PM

Posted by nickcuc547

that seals the deal, best uf ever, this is actually better than ufc 78 too.

But we will be left wanting more, if this strong rumor does come true then there will be a crazy 11 FIGHTS on this card, the extra hour will allow for another 2 or 3 fights but as there are 9/11 (erm thats 9 out of 11 fights) that people desperately want to see we wont get to see all 9

In fact us brits will be left wanting for sure as our crappy broadcaster BRAVO seems to have not bought it and wont show it, they better show TUF7 FFS!
Pookie
2/19/08 2:27:32PM
Wow, pelligrino almost beat joe stevenson...

I'm going to make this pick from the heart and go with diaz. Pellegrino is no joke though, Perfect match-up IMO
Jackelope
2/19/08 2:54:16PM
If Diaz can sub Pellegrino then there is no doubt in my mind he's the real deal.

Pellegrino by KO
nickcuc547
2/19/08 3:23:38PM
pellegrino is VERY underrated, the guy is a top level lighweight imo, his fight with joe daddy proves that.
Jackelope
2/19/08 4:06:42PM

Posted by nickcuc547

pellegrino is VERY underrated, the guy is a top level lighweight imo, his fight with joe daddy proves that.

Exactly. His boxing is excellent, his sub defense is top notch, his cardio is top notch, his subs are excellent, and his wrestling is excellent.

He's got a lot of what it takes to be a great fighter, and he's balls to the wall. Compare that to Nate Diaz -

Subs top notch, sub defense top notch, cardio top notch, boxing o.k., wrestling o.k.

By no means am I saying Diaz is a slouch, but I give Pellegrino a big time standup and wrestling edge. Pellegrino will probably outbox Nate whlie avoiding the takedown for a standing KO. Whatever happens, this fight is a GREAT addition to the card and I feel that it's exactly the fight Pellegrino needs.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
2/19/08 4:40:30PM
I'm going for Diaz on this one but not by a landslide or anything like that. This fight should be a great one.
quezocrema0032
2/19/08 4:45:53PM
well idk whay they gave diaz this fight i honnestly dont see how he can win unless pelligrino gets hit by a bus on his way 2 the fite and decides 2 go through wit the fight =/ ... no disresepct 2 diaz but hes not better then pelligrino in anything maybe just maybe hes the better boxer but pelligrino has a great chin and has more power and if diaz is winning then pelligrino will take him down and either win by decsion or stop him there ... idk doesnt seem smart 2 have diaz lose a fight yet =/
CornishMMA
2/19/08 5:14:59PM

Posted by nickcuc547

especially given the fact he broke his hand on Daddys head in the 1st round, Batman surely would have won that close fight if he hadnt

I like him in this fight the same way i picked Robinson so i wouldnt be surprised if Diaz pulled out a sick sub but Kurts BJJ is very good and so i think he may win it with striking and control
paddy260
2/19/08 11:29:12PM
does anybody know with the change from 2 hours to 3hours what will be shown on the main card now
bullettdodger
2/20/08 12:14:31AM
Pelligrino by KO/TKO in the 2RD... i think people are rating Diaz too high here... his BJJ is good, but so is Pelligrino's... besides i mean anyone remember his lip after the last fight, the guys got a chin and the heart to stick with it... unless he get horribly unlucky i got Batman to take down Nick Diaz
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/20/08 12:27:21AM
This is what you are looking at for the main card:
Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
Karo Parysian vs. Thiago Alves
Tim Boetsch vs. Matt Hamill
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
Frank Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
Nate Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Sounds good to me, especially leading into the season premiere of the Ultimate fighter and you know there are going to be some fights on there. Damn, I may have to call into work the next day
Tein_Lung
2/20/08 1:08:50AM
you know this fight night is shapeing up to be better then alot of last years UFC PPVs... man i can;t wait to see all the bouts even the prelims
Kpro
2/20/08 1:22:27AM
Wow; I'm a huge fan of Nate, as I am with every Cesar Gracie student, but I think Pellegrino is also incredible.

I'll be picking Nate as I think he'll view it as extracting some small revenge from his Franca loss, but this fight could go either way and I also think it will be FOTN.
whardin19
2/20/08 7:17:11AM
Man I'm a huge Diaz fan but I'm not sure about who I'd pick in this fight. Diaz is a BJJ master but Pelligrino is no slouch on the ground. Plus I'd have to say Pelligrino is better on his feet throwing punches than Diaz. I would probably go with Pelligrino in this fight although I'd be routing for Diaz.