Nakamura Fails Post-UFC 76 Drug Test

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nakamura Fails Post-UFC 76 Drug Test
DCRage
9/26/07 7:00:16PM
Kazuhiro Nakamura, who made his UFC debut at UFC 76, failed a post-fight drug test when he tested positive for marijuana. Nakamura lost to Ryoto (Lyoto) Machida by unanimous decision.

Article

Doesn't sound like too harsh a penalty, he probably wouldn't have fought again for at least 3 months anyway. There's still the steroid test results though, those are probably a couple weeks away.
mrsmiley
9/26/07 7:07:14PM
Naku on the Smoku.

With his strange behaviour it wouldn't suprise me if he lit one up before the fight.
Twenty20Dollars
9/26/07 7:08:52PM
Mary jane is nothing to steriods, even though I dont like people that do that stuff i mean atleast its not steriods
MALICE
9/26/07 7:10:55PM
What goes through a fighters head to use drugs when they know they are going to be tested? Do they think they can use that stuff ( I forget the name of the chemical) to clean their system first, or are they just that stupid?
DCRage
9/26/07 7:15:35PM
What I read not too long ago was that if a fighter uses steroids or performance-enhancing drugs at least 2 weeks before the fight, it's possible (either naturally or via other methods) to get it completely out of your system and thus you'd liekly pass a post-fight drug test.
grappler0000
9/26/07 7:34:58PM
Based upon his antics, I'd say he toked up right before the weigh-ins.
wapttn
9/26/07 8:03:49PM
I was never sure what a japanese stoner looked like before.. but i do now ^^

the way he was moving around while he still had gas reminded more of a drunk than a stoner tho
Sam_Rothstein
9/26/07 8:32:36PM
i really don't see the big deal about testing positive for recreational drugs

and for those who think he might of fought the bout high, to do that he would of had to smoke right before the bout started which would be next to impossible to do without anyone finding out

when weed burns it stinks a place up and smells like a skunk just got ran over

Chec22
9/26/07 8:43:29PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

The big deal is that it is ILLEGAL!!
MALICE
9/26/07 9:13:32PM
The big deal is, why would you risk your career by taking drugs.
adnama585
9/26/07 9:18:48PM

Posted by wapttn

I was never sure what a japanese stoner looked like before.. but i do now ^^

the way he was moving around while he still had gas reminded more of a drunk than a stoner tho

He was probably high when he decided it would be a good idea to come out with that umbrella.
jae_1833
9/26/07 11:12:59PM
Hahahahaha....you all are killing me!! The umbrella comment...priceless!! Has anyone thought that his punishment is kind of light comparred to how they have treated Diaz since he popped. I think they should start making standardized punishments for the rules. No matter who you are if you pop for weed your punishment is X, if it's steriods Y, and if it's holding on too long to a submission it's Z. Makes it nice and simple really.
cmill21
9/26/07 11:33:29PM

Posted by grappler0000

Lol
loonytnt
9/27/07 12:37:43AM
drug= so why do it b4 a fight
Sam_Rothstein
9/27/07 12:49:52AM

Posted by Chec22

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

The big deal is that it is ILLEGAL!!

yeah i get the part about it being illegal to use drugs

but why do they even test for it? it wouldnt help a fighter in any aspect of the game to get high

with the big problem the ufc is having with steroids, it just seems like they have bigger fish to fry
ncordless
9/27/07 1:11:20AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

and for those who think he might of fought the bout high, to do that he would of had to smoke right before the bout started which would be next to impossible to do without anyone finding out

when weed burns it stinks a place up and smells like a skunk just got ran over

Plus, I''d think getting in the octagon and getting destroyed for three rounds would be a major buzzkill.
NME
9/27/07 1:25:09AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by grappler0000

Lol

I thought smoking pot before the fight made you both impervious to pain and assured of victory via gogoplata.

Oh, I'm sorry, that's just what the NSAC would have you believe. This is California, dude.
crushedbacon
9/27/07 9:23:37AM
Who cares, he smoked a little weed big deal......its not like he injected HGH or some shit. The whole its illegal comment is valid but seriously wtf is weed illegal for?
Ogre365
9/27/07 3:31:43PM
Dude modern tests have shown what the government has allready known for the last 2 decades. That the majority of side effects listed with marijuana are complete bullshit. I have actually had doctors tell me directly that marijuana is safe and even that there is no scientific evidence to show it being related to any birth defects in children born to stoner moms.
DCRage
9/28/07 8:08:26AM
A bit of a follow-up to this story: Nakamura is, not surprisingly, denying he used marijuana and his management team is claiming there are mistakes with the CSAC tests partly because some post-fight medical tests done in Japan came back differently.

Article

Not surprised. Of course they're going to be different between Japan and America, plus some time had passed between the tests, among other possible factors.
nastshabast
10/6/07 12:28:00AM
let the boy smoke
cmill21
10/6/07 12:29:32AM

Posted by NME

Posted by cmill21

Posted by grappler0000

Lol

I thought smoking pot before the fight made you both impervious to pain and assured of victory via gogoplata.

Oh, I'm sorry, that's just what the NSAC would have you believe. This is California, dude.

He did take an assload of punishment.