Nakamura not in our top 10???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Nakamura not in our top 10???
richieb19
6/10/07 1:17:49PM
What in the world are some of you thinking??? Why is Rashad Evans holding the #10 spot while Nakamura isn't even on the list... you guys got some 'splainin to do!
xthe_scottx
6/10/07 5:02:09PM
Well, the aftermath of Lambert beating Babalu made most people put Rashad as #9 and Sokoudjou beating Arona caused Nakamura to be dropped from the list. I agree that Nakamura deserves that spot more though. Nakamura has paid more dues and is one of two people to take Shogun to a decision.
richieb19
6/10/07 5:21:24PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Well, the aftermath of Lambert beating Babalu made most people put Rashad as #9 and Sokoudjou beating Arona caused Nakamura to be dropped from the list. I agree that Nakamura deserves that spot more though. Nakamura has paid more dues and is one of two people to take Shogun to a decision.

One big win for Rashad shouldnt push him into the rankings... aside from beating Lambert (who wasnt even ranked to begin with)he barely won 3 decisions in a row, and KOed someone I had never even heard of... Nakamura on the other hand has been on a tear...
Northrend
6/10/07 6:27:12PM
I don't really think very hardly when I make the top 10. but for sure he should be there. He has beat Kondo, Randlemen (Former UFC champ), Igor, Bustamante (former UFC champ), Cyborg ( a pretty decent fighter) and lost a split decision to little nog. Were Rashad's biggest win is Jason Lambert.
fatdevil1982
6/11/07 11:19:27AM
i want ot say rashead just cause if you watch his fights he seams more skilled than nakamura

but i do give nakamura big props, he did hold together against nog and shogun

but being a guy who is known for loosing to big names doesnt make you top 10, it makes you elvis sinosic
richieb19
6/11/07 11:43:28AM

Posted by fatdevil1982

i want ot say rashead just cause if you watch his fights he seams more skilled than nakamura

but i do give nakamura big props, he did hold together against nog and shogun

but being a guy who is known for loosing to big names doesnt make you top 10, it makes you elvis sinosic

Woah, hold on a second there mister... first of all, aside from his impressive kick against and unimpressive fighter, what in the world makes you think that Rashad is more skilled than Kazuhiro??? His three three straight decision wins that could have gone either way, or his only credible win over Lambert (who no one but me seemed to be giving just credit to untill be beat Sobral)?

Nakamura on the other hand is a fantastic candidate for the top ten, his only losses come from Wand, Hendo, Barnett, Shogun and lil' Nog, all of which are in the top 10 (if not 5) at 205, and Barnett is top 3 or 4 in HW, but regardless losing a HW matchup shouldnt count to your rankings in the LHW division anyways. His has wins over Igor, Kondo, Randleman, Cyborg, Nakao, Busta, etc...

Nakamura>Evans, the only way I can see Rashad legitimately holding the number 10 spot is if he decisively beats Ortiz.
pv3Hpv3p
6/12/07 1:53:28AM
Good call Richie, I tried starting a Nak support thread a few weeks ago, and it sort of fizzled out...

So I will happily throw my support out for Nakamura on this one, man needs to see more respect
fatdevil1982
6/12/07 8:11:44AM
here is what i think, and i dont think that its the only way to think

first and foremost, i work on the airbase in the town where rashad grew up and work with his HS wrestling coach

although no one on the show was good, his win on the tuf show was impressive

4 good wins over brad imes, stephan bonnar, sam hoger, and jason lambert
not top notch guys but he showed good skill and much improvment each time

if he should not be in the top ten then if he wins over tito, that will put him in

as for nakamura, he also has only one decisive win over good competition
all his "good competion" wins are decitions

yes he has faught tough fighters, but mostly losses

i dont think his win over busta is a big deal cause it was at 205, busta is a 185 fighter

as for his win over igor, he was on his way down already

i think nakamura just inches over for most people cause he has faught tougher competition

i think the tito fight will determine this one
JuggaloWarrior878
6/12/07 8:45:15AM
I put rashad in my top 10 after lambert beat babalu. i replaced babalu with rashad. plus with soko its hard to have a really solid top 10
richieb19
6/12/07 4:56:59PM

Posted by fatdevil1982

here is what i think, and i dont think that its the only way to think

first and foremost, i work on the airbase in the town where rashad grew up and work with his HS wrestling coach

although no one on the show was good, his win on the tuf show was impressive

4 good wins over brad imes, stephan bonnar, sam hoger, and jason lambert
not top notch guys but he showed good skill and much improvment each time

if he should not be in the top ten then if he wins over tito, that will put him in

as for nakamura, he also has only one decisive win over good competition
all his "good competion" wins are decitions

yes he has faught tough fighters, but mostly losses

i dont think his win over busta is a big deal cause it was at 205, busta is a 185 fighter

as for his win over igor, he was on his way down already

i think nakamura just inches over for most people cause he has faught tougher competition

i think the tito fight will determine this one

You make notice that most of Nakamura's wins are decisions, and thats true... however Rashads "decent" decision victories over Imes, Hogar and Bonnar where all split or majority decision...
hippysmacker
6/12/07 6:45:20PM
While I admit to a fondness for Nakamura, he always brings it, He's never beat anyone in the top 10 IMO. Richie I know your a big judo guy , but I think your wrong on this one. I give him props for fighting some bigger guys, and not backing down, but to me his most impressive achievement is not getting stopped in a fight by Shogun. I don't know if Nakamura is like Lytle, one of those guys that makes it difficult for good fighter's to shine, or if Shogun just had an off night. Either way, beating Kondo and a past his prime Igor doesn't put him in my top 10 yet. I would really like it a lot if the UFC would send Tito or Babalu over to Pride to fight him. If he beats one of them I would consider putting him in there.As of know, he has just shown looked like a younger, more atletic Yoshida. Both are warriors, no doubt, but neither makes me think they could be in title contention anytime soon.I think to be in the top 10 you should be a fighter that is at worst a win or 2 away from being somebody I would like to see fight for a title.
richieb19
6/12/07 6:52:59PM

Posted by hippysmacker

While I admit to a fondness for Nakamura, he always brings it, He's never beat anyone in the top 10 IMO. Richie I know your a big judo guy , but I think your wrong on this one. I give him props for fighting some bigger guys, and not backing down, but to me his most impressive achievement is not getting stopped in a fight by Shogun. I don't know if Nakamura is like Lytle, one of those guys that makes it difficult for good fighter's to shine, or if Shogun just had an off night. Either way, beating Kondo and a past his prime Igor doesn't put him in my top 10 yet. I would really like it a lot if the UFC would send Tito or Babalu over to Pride to fight him. If he beats one of them I would consider putting him in there.As of know, he has just shown looked like a younger, more atletic Yoshida. Both are warriors, no doubt, but neither makes me think they could be in title contention anytime soon.I think to be in the top 10 you should be a fighter that is at worst a win or 2 away from being somebody I would like to see fight for a title.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not picking Nakamura for the top 10 because hes a judo guy... I just strongly believe hes a much stronger candidate than Rashad, but then again so is Sobral...

Please don't compare Yoshida to anyone other than God or Ken Shamrock (same thing)... lol jk
hippysmacker
6/12/07 7:03:43PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by hippysmacker

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not picking Nakamura for the top 10 because hes a judo guy... I just strongly believe hes a much stronger candidate than Rashad, but then again so is Sobral...

Please don't compare Yoshida to anyone other than God or Ken Shamrock (same thing)... lol jk

To each his own bro. I do hope Nakamura fights Tito or Babalu sometime soon
THE_AXE_MURDERER
6/12/07 7:20:29PM
Nakamura should be in top 10.
gutoo
6/13/07 4:38:23PM
naka fought against more tops than rashad
he is up than rashad
rcg916
6/13/07 6:35:28PM
Id have to agree in the sense that rashad is untested. If he kills Tito, I say hes a top 10 for sure...imo...