Nakakura Crowned Champ; Sakurai Upset

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nakakura Crowned Champ; Sakurai Upset
Mchubb316
5/3/08 7:38:41PM
TOKYO -- More than 3,900 fans gathered Saturday to celebrate the first card of Shooto's 20th anniversary series at the newly opened JCB Hall, just a stone's throw from the time-honored Korakuen Hall in Japan's Tokyo Dome City complex.

While the evening proved to be a rough one for some of Japan's best, it was still an exciting night of fights.

Capping off the card was a welterweight showdown between two of Shooto's top 154-pounders in Takashi Nakakura (Pictures) and Ganjo Tentsuku (Pictures), who were vying for the title Tatsuya Kawajiri (Pictures) had recently vacated.
Source
Mchubb316
5/3/08 7:40:35PM
I completely forgot Sakurai was fighting. Him losing was suprising to me. Thought people on here would enjoy the read.
McBee
5/3/08 8:27:33PM
dang only 3900!?

In tacoma we filled the tacoma dome with 14K for one of the crappest Strikeforce cards ever culminating in Bob Sapp making Starnes look like the World Most Dangerous Man
RMFG_187
5/3/08 10:21:53PM
I always knew Sakurai was over rated. lol I think i bet against him at DREAM 1.
juanez13
5/3/08 10:40:07PM
here is a gif of savant Young and Takeshi. Slick Guard pulled by takeshi.

coldchillin
5/4/08 2:26:57AM
can't believe Mach got submitted by David Baron. Wow, I wonder if Dream will still put him in their Welterweight Championship match.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/4/08 5:14:01AM

Posted by Mchubb316

I completely forgot Sakurai was fighting. Him losing was suprising to me.

as i
jay98107
5/4/08 1:49:01PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Excuse me? Sakurai is one of the greatest fighters the sport has ever seen, he had an undefeated streak of five years before losing to a much bigger Anderson Silva. He's beaten Hansen, Aoki, Pulver, Uno, Azeredo, Trigg, and Danzig. He is far from overrated.
cmill21
5/4/08 2:01:43PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by RMFG_187

Excuse me? Sakurai is one of the greatest fighters the sport has ever seen, he had an undefeated streak of five years before losing to a much bigger Anderson Silva. He's beaten Hansen, Aoki, Pulver, Uno, Azeredo, Trigg, and Danzig. He is far from overrated.

Props.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/4/08 3:40:44PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by RMFG_187

McBee
5/4/08 11:23:59PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by jay98107

Posted by RMFG_187

not in welterweight top ten, in Lightweight top ten but not top three, Japanese lightweights are overated in comparison to UFC and EliteXC
bbman182
5/5/08 11:34:36PM
david baron looked good. hope elitexc or ufc picks him up..
bbman182
5/5/08 11:38:07PM
rumina sato needs to retire