Anyone going to the NAGA Grappling Tournament?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anyone going to the NAGA Grappling Tournament?
ToeZup
6/6/08 7:08:04PM
The NAGA Grappling Championship is June 28th and 29th in Fall River Massachusetts.

The info:

http://www.nagafighter.com/negc06-08_home.asp

If any of you guys go come by the ToeZup booth and i'll have a little something for you.

Anyone ever get to attend the NAGA tournaments?

JoeySteel
6/6/08 7:58:15PM
My brother's done well in a few.
The_Ho_Bag
6/6/08 9:28:54PM
My friend has won 3 years in the HW division w/ Gi hes 16
jiujitsufreak74
6/6/08 9:46:31PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

My friend has won 3 years in the HW division w/ Gi hes 16

does he go to the Xtreme Couture? because i never met him
The_Ho_Bag
6/6/08 9:58:43PM
yup yup =]
Raykill
6/7/08 12:42:31AM

Posted by ToeZup

The NAGA Grappling Championship is June 28th and 29th in Fall River Massachusetts.

The info:

http://www.nagafighter.com/negc06-08_home.asp

If any of you guys go come by the ToeZup booth and i'll have a little something for you.

Anyone ever get to attend the NAGA tournaments?

No but I would like to check it out.
ToeZup
6/8/08 8:55:00AM
It's good to see an interest in NAGA. Lots of great fighters grow there.
The-Don
6/8/08 2:10:48PM
Hmm I was thinking of starting a NAGA thread.. I am hoping to enter one of these tournements early next year if I can get into shape...
ToeZup
6/10/08 7:30:24PM
That's awsome The-Don. I wish you luck with that. Just do it bro, you just have to get pissed, say F it and do it. If you need any help getting in just PM me. The owner of NAGA lives 10 minutes from me his name is Kip. I might be able to help you out.

Again good luck bro, do work.
bigbubbano23
6/11/08 11:09:59AM
yea i def wanna go to see what the competition in my division will be like then prepare hardcore for the one next year.
The-Don
6/11/08 6:00:12PM

Posted by ToeZup

That's awsome The-Don. I wish you luck with that. Just do it bro, you just have to get pissed, say F it and do it. If you need any help getting in just PM me. The owner of NAGA lives 10 minutes from me his name is Kip. I might be able to help you out.

Again good luck bro, do work.

sweet.. honestly I have been eyeing NAGA for a couple years now... just have not been training the way I should.. I hear the competition is good... I do not want to go in and look like a fool my first time out... ... but I need a few months and we'll see if I am ready... I just wish it would come to TN.. most of them are just too far for me to attend easily.. Talk to the man tell him to hold a Nashville event.. even if I am not ready I would enter it.. just to do it..
ToeZup
6/14/08 11:15:19PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

yea i def wanna go to see what the competition in my division will be like then prepare hardcore for the one next year.

That sounds like a plan and I wish you luck for next year.

sweet.. honestly I have been eyeing NAGA for a couple years now... just have not been training the way I should.. I hear the competition is good... I do not want to go in and look like a fool my first time out... ... but I need a few months and we'll see if I am ready... I just wish it would come to TN.. most of them are just too far for me to attend easily.. Talk to the man tell him to hold a Nashville event.. even if I am not ready I would enter it.. just to do it..

Next time I see him i'll mention Nashville. I hear you man the last thing you want to do is go in there unprepared.
The-Don
6/15/08 12:39:38PM

Posted by ToeZup

Posted by bigbubbano23

That sounds like a plan and I wish you luck for next year.

Next time I see him i'll mention Nashville. I hear you man the last thing you want to do is go in there unprepared.

With MMA becoming legal here if there were any road blocks preventing them from holding the tournament here should be removed...
HMA123
6/24/08 2:45:38PM
NAGA is a great grappling league. I been to a few, met the president,cool with all the refs, got reffed by a former member on the TUF7, and more. NAGA is awsome... but one thing , there IS SANDBAGGERS..there doing better with nationally ranked but watch out anyway.good luck with w/e
ToeZup
6/24/08 4:48:09PM

Posted by The-Don

With MMA becoming legal here if there were any road blocks preventing them from holding the tournament here should be removed...

I hope everything works out for you guys.

Posted by HMA123

NAGA is a great grappling league. I been to a few, met the president,cool with all the refs, got reffed by a former member on the TUF7, and more. NAGA is awsome... but one thing , there IS SANDBAGGERS..there doing better with nationally ranked but watch out anyway.good luck with w/e

Thank you sir, much appreciated. It should be a great time.
The-Don
6/24/08 11:33:38PM

Posted by HMA123

what exactly do you mean by sandbaggers?
HMA123
6/27/08 4:55:39PM
people, on a more advanced level going down to compete in a lower level just to destroy everyone in that division and bring home gold. To me thats not even fun, for example,last NAGA i went to, we had a 15-16 yr old that should be in the advanced division go down to the KIDS division and compete at beginner. Like are you kidding me. They got him after the first match but still.. takes the fun right outa of it. But like i said there doing better with Nationally Ranked.

BTW...
if your not familiar with NAGA experience levels..
Novice -6 months exp or les
Beginner- 6months-1yr exp
Intermediate- 1yr-2yr exp
Advanced - 2yrs and up
The-Don
6/27/08 6:24:22PM

Posted by HMA123

people, on a more advanced level going down to compete in a lower level just to destroy everyone in that division and bring home gold. To me thats not even fun, for example,last NAGA i went to, we had a 15-16 yr old that should be in the advanced division go down to the KIDS division and compete at beginner. Like are you kidding me. They got him after the first match but still.. takes the fun right outa of it. But like i said there doing better with Nationally Ranked.

BTW...
if your not familiar with NAGA experience levels..
Novice -6 months exp or les
Beginner- 6months-1yr exp
Intermediate- 1yr-2yr exp
Advanced - 2yrs and up

I had a feeling you ment something like that... Now is that competition experience or not... I been studying Martial arts since I was about 5... but I have never competed in a grappling tournament of any kind except in my classes,,,
HMA123
6/27/08 11:17:05PM
Thats your overall grappling experience.. not how many tournys or anything but how long have you been studying ground fighting..
The_Ho_Bag
6/27/08 11:35:00PM
im doin Naga this year in august in NJ
HMA123
6/28/08 12:15:47AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Wildwood,Battle at the Beach 9, see you there.
The-Don
6/28/08 1:51:39AM

Posted by HMA123

Thats your overall grappling experience.. not how many tournys or anything but how long have you been studying ground fighting..

Gods then if I were honest I am gonna be in the advanced group... I better start training hard...
The-Don
6/28/08 1:53:52AM

Posted by HMA123

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

August what?.. I am going up to Long Island in August for my brothers wedding... I am familiar with Wildwood... I would not be ready to compete... but If I tehre I might want to come check it out..
HMA123
6/28/08 7:44:44PM
yeah, if you been doing if for a while you shouldnt have a problem really, but theres a sh*tload of good wrestlers then compete there also on top of all the BJJ competitors..

and the tournament is August 2nd and 3rd, and the Wildwood convention center..
The_Ho_Bag
6/28/08 11:25:36PM

Posted by HMA123

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

lmao im gunna compete in teens novice like i did today at grapplers quest =] i took silver today im hoping to take home the gold this time =]
HMA123
6/29/08 9:57:40AM
i probly seen you because i was at the grapplers quest also.. but i didnt end up competing, i just went to help my little cousin that was.
The_Ho_Bag
6/29/08 3:37:01PM

Posted by HMA123

i probly seen you because i was at the grapplers quest also.. but i didnt end up competing, i just went to help my little cousin that was.

also i am going to compete int he PanAm games in NY this October =)