Does Muscle Milk work.

Yeah, tastes like complete ass though.
fullerene
7/22/07 7:34:25PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by casey64

Does Muscle Milk work.

that is the first time I've heard someeone criticize the taste. IMO it tastes great--almost too good to be true and far better than any of the dozen other protein shakes I've tried. Were you using the prepackaged forms? Maybe you mixed it poorly.

One thing about Muscle Milk, and part of the reason it tastes more like ice cream and less like chalk than many other protein drinks, is that it is not low fat. There is ample protein but also plenty of fat in the normal versions. So it's a great supplement if you're working out to build muscle, train heard, etc. but if you're working out just to lose weight I'd look for a different product.
grappler0000
7/22/07 8:08:05PM

Posted by fullerene

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by casey64

Does Muscle Milk work.

that is the first time I've heard someeone criticize the taste. IMO it tastes great--almost too good to be true and far better than any of the dozen other protein shakes I've tried. Were you using the prepackaged forms? Maybe you mixed it poorly.

One thing about Muscle Milk, and part of the reason it tastes more like ice cream and less like chalk than many other protein drinks, is that it is not low fat. There is ample protein but also plenty of fat in the normal versions. So it's a great supplement if you're working out to build muscle, train heard, etc. but if you're working out just to lose weight I'd look for a different product.

bayonetxwork
7/22/07 8:38:55PM

Posted by fullerene

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by casey64

Does Muscle Milk work.

Well thats probably why. I tried one of the premade pouch type things over one of my friends, and it tasted terrible haha.
casey64
7/22/07 8:44:54PM
I might have to go get me some it comes in a pack of four right.
jdubs
7/23/07 12:20:50AM
muscle milk is great!!!!!!!! and dont worry about the 16 or whatever grams of fat cause that type of fat is burned as an energy source more than it is stored.

personaly i am nervous about taking it cause if u play a college sport u will test positive in drug/steroid tests

besides that it tastes amazing
fullerene
7/23/07 8:30:35AM

personaly i am nervous about taking it cause if u play a college sport u will test positive in drug/steroid tests

For what drug/steroid? Are you talking about the creatine precursor that used to be in it? That was removed from the formulation about 6 months ago.

For flavors, I'd try the Cookies and Cream, although chocolate is the safe bet with any protein shake.
jdubs
7/23/07 9:39:19AM
dont know but ncaa athletes cant use it... cytsport has a special variety of muscle milk on their site for college athletes... there is so much stuff in supplements u have to research before you take.. i think this is the case with sherk.. he just took some ordinary supplement without knowing
tommyprairie
7/23/07 7:37:33PM
Works great. Try milk chocolate chip. It is awesome. Tastes like a milkshake