muscle building. help me out!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » muscle building. help me out!
CCPRIDE99
9/23/10 1:57:53AM
ok so ive decided that im gonna try to get some more muscle packed on. i really wanna get bigger and just look better. im really big into if you look good you feel good.
in addition to getting pretty and getting girls, i wanna pack on the right type of muscle. the muscle that makes you more explosive quick fast and powerful. going up a weight class or two isnt a big deal but if i can avoid it thats good too.
any advice what so ever. please!
Bowen50
9/23/10 7:40:15PM
2 words. kettle bells
CCPRIDE99
9/24/10 2:28:22PM

Posted by Bowen50

2 words. kettle bells

do what with them?
innovater450
9/26/10 11:13:10AM
protein, protein, protein!!!
State_Champ
9/27/10 6:55:43PM
Olympic style lifting is great for explosiveness, as are the aforementioned Kettle Bells.
Pookie
10/4/10 8:54:57AM
Pull ups.

They work out all the upper body muscles that go into a punch, except the stomach.
MMAGearZone
10/21/10 3:17:08AM
kettlebells are good for action muscles building but you seem like you want to put on some overall mass to create a more powerful frame, right?

whenever i have trained an athlete who wants this sort of thing i generally use the same methods for all of them and they work well. ill give you some of the basics here.

power movements, full rep ranges, multi-joint exercises. for example, you would do power moves of bench presses, front military presses (preferably in a smith machine), squats, deadlifts, power cleans.

depending on your fitness level, age, body type, nutrition, and some other more personal factors i would either add to this or make some changes to suit you.

a more simplistic format for you is to train muscles 3 times a week, hard.
monday- pushing work (chest, triceps, shoulders)
wednesday - leg work (hams and quads and calves)
friday - pulling work - (back and biceps, forearms/grip strength)

choose 3 exercises per bodypart using this principle of power, stretch, contraction and do 3 sets of each.

example- chest
power movement - bench press
stretch movement - flat bench DB fly
contraction movement - cable crossovers
annie89
11/19/10 5:43:56AM
i am very crazy to build muscles and i have just started mma training...i want some help so please suggest me is mma training is best for muscle building and to increase strength.

mma conditioning
Geoffo
10/24/11 9:47:26PM

Posted by annie89

i am very crazy to build muscles and i have just started mma training...i want some help so please suggest me is mma training is best for muscle building and to increase strength.

mma conditioning

Compound lifts, olympic lifting.
Work on explosiveness one day, and another day work on heavy weights, till failure.
Andreywhites
12/23/11 3:10:25AM
I suggest to go for a muscle training, on the regular basis:

monday- pushing work (chest, triceps, shoulders)
wednesday - leg work (hams and quads and calves)
friday - pulling work - (back and biceps, forearms/grip strength)

And also you have to take some pre-workout supplements also which enhance your muscle power during the training course.
Legattacks
4/1/13 8:54:12PM
Make sure you are getting enough protein this will help you maintain the muscle mass you have as well as build more muscle.