Munoz out at UFC on Fox 2. Bisping to fight Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Munoz out at UFC on Fox 2. Bisping to fight Sonnen
« Previous Page
kingsmasher
1/18/12 10:52:09AM
Sonnen over Bisping with ease I think Stann would knock the block off Bisping...
kingsmasher
1/18/12 10:55:17AM

Posted by LightsOUT23

Do not sleep on Bisping you guys, I have no doubt Sonnen will take him down, but Bispings ground defence is awesome. I will call it now, Bisping Submits Sonnen for upset of the year.

That aint happening Bisping has never beaten anyone in the top 5 I can think of and all his opponents are hand picked for his style and to get teh UK fans....He doesnt have a chance...I doubt seriously if hes even faced anyone as strong as Chael...
mrsmiley
1/18/12 1:50:37PM
This will be great. Another all american hero gets to crush the Count.

I do think LightsOut makes a good point though. Bisping could have a legit shot at winning this. I put his chance in a high,high,minority but it will be an interesting fight for sure.
Bubbles
1/18/12 2:11:28PM

Posted by kingsmasher

That aint happening Bisping has never beaten anyone in the top 5 I can think of and all his opponents are hand picked for his style and to get teh UK fans....He doesnt have a chance...I doubt seriously if hes even faced anyone as strong as Chael...

Evans, Hamill, Hendo.
Bubbles
1/18/12 2:12:34PM

Posted by mrsmiley

This will be great. Another all american hero gets to crush the Count.

I do think LightsOut makes a good point though. Bisping could have a legit shot at winning this. I put his chance in a high,high,minority but it will be an interesting fight for sure.

Bisping has good knees and he has a chance to catch Sonnen like Ellenberger KO'd Sheilds
LightsOUT23
1/18/12 2:57:08PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by LightsOUT23

Do not sleep on Bisping you guys, I have no doubt Sonnen will take him down, but Bispings ground defence is awesome. I will call it now, Bisping Submits Sonnen for upset of the year.

Everyone thinks that changing fights from Maia to Sonnen on a 10 day notice will be such a disadvantage for bisping. I disagree, he's had Dean lister and jake sheilds rolling with him for the last 3 weeks, his JJ will be top notch. Sonnen has been submitted 8 times in his career lets not forget that. I have no doubt Sonnen wants to and will take Bisping to the mat, i say thats were bisping has the best shot at winning this one. I dont think Sonnen like Bisping has serious ko power, but bisping does have brutal ground and pound, his resume speaks for iteslf. Although sonnen stays heavy on top, he does not inflict half as much damage as bisping has in the past. Anyone who sleeps on bisping is a fool, this is not a popularity contest, bisping has been ko'd once, never submitted. Sonnen has been subbed 8 times and tko'd 3 times. Bisping has a legitimate shot aginst sonnen, his training camp for Maia is a good switch on 10 days notice, could be a lot worse. If anything Sonnen will have the more pressure changing his camp from a wrestler to a well rounded fighter like bisping.
airkerma
1/18/12 6:34:08PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

Evans, Hamill, Hendo.

thank you. I didn't have the energy to refute that nonsense. Props will come at a random time later
cowcatcher
1/18/12 6:37:18PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

Everyone thinks that changing fights from Maia to Sonnen on a 10 day notice will be such a disadvantage for bisping. I disagree, he's had Dean lister and jake sheilds rolling with him for the last 3 weeks, his JJ will be top notch. Sonnen has been submitted 8 times in his career lets not forget that. I have no doubt Sonnen wants to and will take Bisping to the mat, i say thats were bisping has the best shot at winning this one. I dont think Sonnen like Bisping has serious ko power, but bisping does have brutal ground and pound, his resume speaks for iteslf. Although sonnen stays heavy on top, he does not inflict half as much damage as bisping has in the past. Anyone who sleeps on bisping is a fool, this is not a popularity contest, bisping has been ko'd once, never submitted. Sonnen has been subbed 8 times and tko'd 3 times. Bisping has a legitimate shot aginst sonnen, his training camp for Maia is a good switch on 10 days notice, could be a lot worse. If anything Sonnen will have the more pressure changing his camp from a wrestler to a well rounded fighter like bisping.

You make a good argument. I favor Sonnen to win this pretty handily, but your argument is as good as any I've seen.
Bubbles
1/19/12 10:37:58AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

Evans, Hamill, Hendo.

thank you. I didn't have the energy to refute that nonsense. Props will come at a random time later

haha thanks. i generally ignore his posts but that one was just so bad i couldnt let it slide.
Pages: 1 [2]