Muhammed Lawal set for Bellator debut on Jan. 17

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Muhammed Lawal set for Bellator debut on Jan. 17
BuffaloDave
12/3/12 12:32:50PM
According to sources close to the event, "King Mo" will make his first Bellator appearance on Thursday, Jan. 17, at the UCI Bren Events Center in Irvine, Calif. Lawal will compete in the promotion's light heavyweight tournament.

No word just yet on who the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will meet in the first round of the tournament.

Lawal (8-1, 1 NC) hasn't fought since last January when he defeated Lorenz Larkin via knockout. The win, however, was changed to a no contest by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after he tested positive for the anabolic steroid drostanolone.

LINK
DrivenDavies15
12/3/12 1:06:16PM
Honestly, King Mo is a beast, as long as he stays clean I can see him winning LHW tourney and strap in Bellator. Shame he isn't coming to the UFC.
Poor_Franklin
12/3/12 1:59:47PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

as long as he stays clean I can see him winning LW tourney and strap in Bellator. .

i personally don't see him making the weight cut

for reals though, yeah he should run through Bellator if he fights smart
BillsNewAccount
12/3/12 2:52:08PM
KING

MO

2 belts at 2 weight classes... Pfft

Move over BJ Penn, Mo is going to be the first Bellator and TNA champion.
frizzzlecake
12/3/12 3:04:12PM
King Mo could honestly wear the MW/LHW/HW belt's in Bellator. No one can stop his wrestling on that roster.
jae_1833
12/3/12 8:06:20PM
Mo should easily win the tourny and the belt, maybe then he will the call as I know they test all the Bellator fighters and it would greatly increase his stock to have that history cleaned up and a nice win streak to boot.