Moving to Montana

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Moving to Montana
Svartorm
6/1/07 3:36:22AM
Hey folks,

I'm driving from New Hampshire to Montana early Sunday morning, and then I'll be out there until winter building my house. Being as we're up in the mountains and are building from scratch, I won't be able to post or do much on here except when I hit the library on weekends.

Just wanted to say its been cool chatting with everyone and hopefully I can keep in touch via PMs at the least. I'll be back online in full effect by November at the latest, and should be around this weekend a bit as well.
rcg916
6/1/07 3:47:31AM
Good luck with the move man, its been a pleasure. Talk to you when you are around!
Ydoc
6/1/07 12:58:19PM
You'll be missed man. Hope everything goes well with the house. Site won't be quite the same without you.
xthe_scottx
6/1/07 2:37:53PM
Hope the move goes smoothly and as Ydoc said, the site won't the same without you.
cowcatcher
6/1/07 3:17:25PM
you will be missed on here svar, i hope everything goes well with the move and we'll see you back here in the fall
mrsumo
6/1/07 11:42:12PM
Have fun in the mountains. Remember, bears are not sparring partners. And no matter how cute the raccoons look, they are not kitty's.
Mastodon2
6/2/07 7:57:24AM
Good luck with the move, I hope you are ready for some hard work, building a house aint gonna be a breeze!

See you around Svar, gonna miss your alcohol related banter!
Stickan
6/2/07 11:16:08AM
Bummer. I'm gonna miss stealing your money... No I don't think that can be said too many times .

Good luck with the move Blacksnake. Lycka till
ButterBalls
6/2/07 12:35:48PM
Have a good one man, keep in touch!
Svartorm
6/7/07 1:30:41PM
I'm here now. What I learned on this trip.

Chicago is hands down the worst city ever.
Moonshine is too brutal for consumption.
South Dakota has no police officers.
hippysmacker
6/7/07 5:41:24PM
You'll be missed." Don't get et by a bear" said to me by a co- worker when I told him my friend was moving to Montana. Sound Advice
Manfred
6/8/07 12:12:46AM

Posted by hippysmacker

You'll be missed." Don't get et by a bear" said to me by a co- worker when I told him my friend was moving to Montana. Sound Advice

Or in his case, don't eat too many bears
ButterBalls
6/8/07 1:20:28AM
Lies, all lies!

I love Chicago!
disorderlyvision
6/8/07 1:25:35AM
Good luck and best wishes, Brother.
Svartorm
6/8/07 12:48:55PM

Posted by hippysmacker

My dads advice before I left was priceless.

"Good luck, stay safe, and keep your shotgun handy."

I'm heading out to the property today, so I probably won't be around for a few weeks, so I've gotta get my damn picks in for these events.
loller90278
6/8/07 1:06:34PM
have fun building the house man, take pics to update us!
DoTheMMAth
6/15/07 4:43:52PM
Your presence will be missed Hammer Come back soon!
pv3Hpv3p
6/15/07 4:59:56PM
Damn Svartorm, this place just got a little more "liberal"... I'll be sleeping with one eye shut until you return...

In all seriousness, may the wind be to your back and the sun on your shoulder...

Best of luck with all
Svartorm
6/16/07 4:12:33PM
So far,so good. The land rules and I got a job in town in a few days. Hard part is finding a well driller and someone with excavation equipment that isn't a total drunk. Who answers their business phone drunk?
Lord_Lenny
6/16/07 4:18:42PM
where in Montana are you?
Svartorm
6/17/07 4:40:05PM
Wolf Creek, which is right between Great Falls and Helena.
rcg916
6/17/07 5:12:57PM
Glad all is well man. What kind of well would you end up with if the guy was drunk? lol

Take care bud.
DoTheMMAth
6/17/07 7:23:05PM
What's the cost of living in Montana like? Is it as beautiful of a place as it sounds?
Lord_Lenny
6/17/07 9:28:15PM

Posted by Svartorm

Wolf Creek, which is right between Great Falls and Helena.

cool I am up in Kalispell, welcome to Montana
Svartorm
6/18/07 6:07:48PM
Its much cheaper than out East in most regards. The only things that are higher is gas (by about 10 cents a gallon), cigarettes and alcohol. The gas is the only one I'm terribly concerned about, and 10 cents isn't that bad. Hell, Indianas gas is 70 cents higher a gallon.