Moving Down to 185

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Moving Down to 185
juanez13
8/7/08 7:51:40PM
havent seen anything about this in the news forums, but lately quite a couple guys dropped down.....

Goran Reljic drops down to 185 and the rumors are that he is being matched up against Thales Leites, should be a good fight.Link

Also Lambert(finally) and Wilson Gouveia (matched up against horn, knew this one already) are dropping down to middleweight.

Kind of caught me off guard since I hadnt heard anything about this before.

So who do you think will have the most success in the Middleweight Division?
Twenty20Dollars
8/7/08 7:56:42PM
well the guys that are dropping down will be better suited at 185 then at 205, but now 205 will be less stacked. I think all 3 of them will prolly close contenders like top 15.

Im going to say watch out for Goran Relijic, if he can take down thales. Im suprised goran moved down cus he beat gouviea.
juanez13
8/7/08 7:59:19PM
Yea i was surprised to see Goran move down, not so much because he was coming off a win, but because he already looked lanky at 205. at 6'3 he'll be a pretty damn big Middleweight.
postman
8/7/08 8:01:34PM
Isn't that baby Cro cop?
hotrodttt
8/7/08 8:11:43PM
These Great Fights just keep coming, Goran vs Thales is gonna be Action packed with Goran looking for that Head Kick and Leites for the Takedown.

Jason Lambert hands down, the dude is gonna be Huge for 185. He used to be a Heavyweight lol and now he's not gonna be packing that gut that he had. His Cardio will still be Great and his Ground and Pound is some of the Best Stuff, he calls it Ear Holing
wolfman
8/7/08 8:25:32PM

Posted by postman

Isn't that baby Cro cop?

LOL Yeah you could say that, he used to train under Cro Cop and likes to throw head kicks...
DevonFoxy
8/7/08 8:29:18PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by postman

Isn't that baby Cro cop?

LOL Yeah you could say that, he used to train under Cro Cop and likes to throw head kicks...

Thats pretty much all he throws. I don't know I think alot of people are jumping on his bandwagon but in his last fight he was kinda predictable and gassing. Could be good in the future but meh idk about him.

I think this is a good move for all of them but Lambert I would expect to look good. I think he will be the best that moves down. I know he's already lost to Wilson but Wilson probably would not do that again imo.
wolfman
8/7/08 8:45:47PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by wolfman

Posted by postman

Isn't that baby Cro cop?

Thats pretty much all he throws. I don't know I think alot of people are jumping on his bandwagon but in his last fight he was kinda predictable and gassing. Could be good in the future but meh idk about him.

Yeah, I agree with you as it is too early to know how good he is and he was predictable with his strikes. He did appear a little gassed in that fight, but he took some hard shots from Wilson and it was his first fight in the UFC. Maybe he is dropping to 185 to improve his cardio. So, I can't really hold it against him for gassing in his first UFC fight, if he gases again then I think it would be fair to question his cardio. Yet, it is too early to know and other factors could have effected his cardio in his first fight.
loller90278
8/7/08 9:13:15PM
we should have zelg vs goran to see whos the mini crocop
DevonFoxy
8/7/08 9:32:25PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by wolfman

Posted by postman

Isn't that baby Cro cop?

Yeah, I agree with you as it is too early to know how good he is and he was predictable with his strikes. He did appear a little gassed in that fight, but he took some hard shots from Wilson and it was his first fight in the UFC. Maybe he is dropping to 185 to improve his cardio. So, I can't really hold it against him for gassing in his first UFC fight, if he gases again then I think it would be fair to question his cardio. Yet, it is too early to know and other factors could have effected his cardio in his first fight.

True his gas tank could be no problem at all but I think he gassed from all the power head kicks he threw but all that adrenaline before the fight in his first UFC fight could have def. drained him I think his future could be bright.....too bad they put him up against Thales. Could be a long night for Goran and he will probably be quite a hefty underdog.
prozacnation1978
8/7/08 9:40:42PM
looks like more fighters for middlweight
i think goran will benefit the most
fresh meat for silva, franklin and co
and with chael and paulo joining as well looks like middleweights are stacked
hotrodttt
8/7/08 10:35:41PM

Posted by loller90278

Zelg via 1st Round Brutal Head Kick Knockout, Zelg's Stand Up is way Beyond Goran's
wolfman
8/8/08 2:19:32AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by loller90278

Zelg via 1st Round Brutal Head Kick Knockout, Zelg's Stand Up is way Beyond Goran's

True, but if it were to hit the ground it would be all Goran.
HENDO915
8/8/08 2:32:25AM
NONE, none of them will ever be good enough to take on Silva