Movies 2009

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Movies 2009
CwB
3/25/09 8:36:48PM
Well i was just reading the newspaper and they were talking about all these new movies to look forward to this year. so i jumped online and tracked down as many Trailers as i could find

So here is what you have to look forward to for the rest of the year

G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra

Angels and Demons (sequel to Davinci Code)

Public Enemies

Inglorious Basterds

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Terminator Salvation

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Also some movies in talk right now with no trailers or release dates
Iron Man 2
Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (will have Johhny Depp in it)
Captain America
also (maybe just a rumor) the next batman sequel will have the riddler (played by Johhny Depp)

I think i am looking forward to Public Enemies the most

what does everyone think and if i left out a movie let me know and i will try and find a trailer for it (or just add it yourself)

Edit: more movies:

Land of the Lost

Star Treck

The Mutant Chronicles

Crank 2: High Voltage (first crank was surprisingly good)
Drudinh
3/26/09 4:51:31AM
Can't see the trailers because I'm at work BUT,
The movies I can really admit to looking forward to are

1. G.I. joe - F -yeah! I've been waiting on this one

2. Captain america. classic as long as they don't butcher the story line too much.

3. Star Treck - I saw the preview a few weeks ago and it was AWESOME. or at least appeared to be... but I've never been a huge fan and feel like a geek now.

4. Terminator - Even though number three sucked I don't know why it seemed.

Public enemies looked decent from the preview I saw. I'll probably check it out.

Now I've been a fan of X-men from the time I was like 8 or 9 but every movie pissed me off. I cannot express the dissappointment I have experienced and it burns me that they did that to my ultimate favorite comic. I don't know what I'm going to do about that movie yet.

Transformers was also an awesome cartoon (and the original movie) but I didn't know how to react after I saw the live action movie, because it was so far off the story line. Another undecided for me.

I do agree though that crank was very surprisingly good. I didn't know what the movie was going to be about before I saw it and was impressed, but how do you make a second one? makes me think "Is this going to be like speed 2?"
king_katool
3/26/09 6:01:59AM
Fast and the Furious april 3, ive been dieing for this one, ever since i found out vin diesel wasnt in the 2cd one, glad they brought him back for this should be good
king_katool
3/26/09 6:02:32AM
Fast and the Furious april 3, ive been dieing for this one, ever since i found out vin diesel wasnt in the 2cd one, glad they brought him back for this should be good
mrsmiley
3/26/09 6:14:02AM
I'm looking foward most to Wolverine.
So far the trailers have looked incredible.
Best of all Hugh Jackman said if it does well he'll do another on based in Japan!
MMA
3/26/09 10:56:55AM

Posted by Drudinh
4. Terminator - Even though number three sucked I don't know why it seemed.

How could it compete with 2? They tried making it more appealing with the sexy fembot but nothing beats the second Terminator.
Shawn91111
3/26/09 11:04:33AM
Boondock Saints 2 -

"In an interview director Troy Duffy stated that he was editing the film, and he expected its release before the end of the year."
emfleek
3/26/09 11:49:08AM

Posted by CwB

Angels and Demons (sequel to Davinci Code)

Inglorious Basterds

I'm pretty stoked for both of these. Especially Inglorious Basterds, which has 'Movie of the Year' written all over it.
Wolfenstein
3/26/09 2:26:50PM
Probably looking forward to Star Trek the most, followed by Angels and Demons (which I think was a better book than the Davinci's Code), and X-Men Origins.

Anything Terminator has me excited, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm just not sure there can be a good Terminator movie without Arnold.
SpiderSilva
3/26/09 2:44:20PM
I thought Eddie Murphey was playing the Riddler
CwB
3/26/09 3:17:19PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I thought Eddie Murphey was playing the Riddler

its all rumors right now, i dont think anyone knows for sure
DCRage
3/26/09 5:48:00PM
I was going to say just Star Trek, then I just found this:

Yes, That Bob Sapp. Due in May. Might just have to see it.
Aaronno9
3/26/09 6:00:19PM
I cant wait for Terminator 3. I read it happened like Termintor 3 never happened, and is more based on the first 2 and the Sarah Conner chronicles. Looking forward to need for speed aswell.
The_Ho_Bag
3/26/09 6:38:37PM
WAR transformers
bls1919
3/27/09 9:45:21PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Boondock Saints 2 -

"In an interview director Troy Duffy stated that he was editing the film, and he expected its release before the end of the year."

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!. the original was amazing. i also cant wait to see thransformers 2, and Wolverine.