Movies to be re-made?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Movies to be re-made?
Biggz
3/7/09 3:42:16PM
it seems that hollywood is in a remaking old movies phase. some have been good, some have sucked. with that said what old movie would you like to see get remade? and if you want to go further, who would play the main characters?

i think a remake of Dick Tracy with kind of a Frank Miller, sin city feel to it would be bad ass.

any thoughts?
Khaos
3/7/09 5:35:34PM
I think The Warriors should be remade, with a more modern feel, though I heard they might actually do that anyway.
MMAcca
3/7/09 6:59:22PM

Posted by Khaos

I think The Warriors should be remade, with a more modern feel, though I heard they might actually do that anyway.

Good choice.

Karate Kid
tdietel01
3/7/09 7:52:00PM
gremlins might be a cool remake

pet cemetary or poltergiest would be alright too
Pookie
3/7/09 7:58:41PM
The Lion King, but make it a horror flick.
That would be savage.
Basshandsome
3/8/09 3:59:43PM

The warriors remake won't be exactly like the first one but it will be close to it.

Warriors 2010
higdon10
3/8/09 4:09:10PM

Posted by Pookie

The Lion King, but make it a horror flick.
That would be savage.

Savage it would be.
backalley101
3/9/09 3:47:37AM
Conan would be cool as a remake
pv3Hpv3p
3/9/09 10:54:04AM
I think some of the old swatzenager (SP? lol) movies would be cool to see again... Total Recall or Running Man... And they could just throw the Rock or Vin Diesel or even Gerard Butler or something in and it would be great...

Labarynth could be a cool remake too...

AchillesHeel
3/9/09 11:50:44AM
Movies that were good the first time shouldn't be remade, imo. I can't imagine that Hollywood can make "Robocop" better, for instance (or even as good). Movies that I'd want redone? Half of the Marvel Comics superhero films ever made. "Daredevil", "Elektra", "Ghost Rider" and "The Fantastic Four" all pretty much sucked.
Svartorm
3/9/09 6:17:51PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Khaos

Good choice.

Karate Kid

Being done.

Karate Kid remake
Ordep
3/24/09 9:50:28PM

Posted by backalley101

Conan would be cool as a remake

hope you're talking about "The Destroyer"

cuz I think a remake of "The Barbarian" would be an insult

Mayhem13
3/24/09 10:15:58PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Khaos

Good choice.

Karate Kid

Being done.

Karate Kid remake

I have a feeling this remake is going ot be garbage, and a slap in the face to the original
Will Smith, his son and Jackie Chan??

come on!
The_Ho_Bag
3/27/09 11:46:52AM
WAR 3 stooges
DCRage
3/27/09 11:51:05AM
As big a Stooges fan as I am I'm rather skeptical about the remake, not sure if I'll see it or not.
mrsmiley
3/28/09 7:01:59PM
Leave her to Heaven.

Drudinh
4/9/09 3:12:44AM
Ghostbusters - a horror version would be f'n sweet
haggiswashere
4/28/09 9:11:39PM

Posted by Drudinh

Ghostbusters - a horror version would be f'n sweet

I was just telling my girlfriend that the superbad/knocked up/40 year old virgin ect guys would make a pretty funny remake of it. I would like them to keep it somewhat classy though.