What movie motivates you to train and/or compete? [SNT]

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What movie motivates you to train and/or compete? [SNT]
grappler0000
5/10/08 10:24:57PM
What movie do you watch to get motivated? It doesn't have to be for Martial Arts or MMA...it can be any sport.

For wrestling, Vision Quest always seemed to do the trick for me...it was a ritual to watch it prior to the first meet of the season. It would get me pumped to train hard, set some goals, and to...well, kick ass and take some names. I'm curious to see how many other sports have a movie that can you pumped. I raced BMX for several years, but unfortunately there were never any realistic movies based on the sport...sadly, Rad just didn't cut it.

juanez13
5/10/08 10:31:24PM
Defenately Rocky 4............watching rocky train in russia makes me want to work out and just punch the crap out of anything i can (mostly heavy Bag, Or fight My room mate)
Jackelope
5/10/08 10:37:05PM
Good call on Vision Quest. I haven't seen that movie in a long, long time but I LOVED it back in the day. Sad to say I only saw it after I'd finished my wrestling "career"
Twenty20Dollars
5/11/08 12:09:54AM
i like the sports movies with the underdogs and the other sports movie motivate me.

like coach carter, gridiron gang, grind.
jiujitsufreak74
5/11/08 12:22:36AM
i wish i could prop you for Vision Quest...but love spreading must be done first... "I'm not even really an Indian man..."

But for me, Remember the Titans does the trick. it is a mix of the inspiration put forth by Denzel Washington and the message of brotherhood that gets me pumped for football season. Friday Night Lights is another one that makes you train for a State Title every year.

And this is a weird selection; for me, The Last Samurai always inspires me to obtain the true warrior spirit and always inspires me to put forth the extra effort in my JJ training.
Kracker_Jap
5/11/08 12:33:22AM
Vision Quest.......... Greatest wrestling Movie of all time
casey64
5/11/08 9:11:46AM

Posted by juanez13

Defenately Rocky 4............watching rocky train in russia makes me want to work out and just punch the crap out of anything i can (mostly heavy Bag, Or fight My room mate)

With ya on the movies any Rocky movie for me. Just the music gets me pumped!
masodd
5/11/08 9:14:41AM
Remember the Titans definately
Manfred
5/11/08 10:45:47AM
Rudy (Not the Guliani one) Great underdog movie and probably the only movie with Sean Astin that doesn't suck
grappler0000
5/11/08 11:29:21AM

Posted by Manfred

Rudy (Not the Guliani one) Great underdog movie and probably the only movie with Sean Astin that doesn't suck

What about The Goonies?
evilpimp
5/11/08 12:20:44PM
vision quest great movie havent seen it in years but i loved to watch it when i wrestled in high school
The_Ho_Bag
5/11/08 12:23:00PM
Deff the Last samurai and 300
candynuts
5/11/08 12:40:58PM
That Spiderman movie usually motivates me to train hard. It gets me in the mindset of wanting to go toward the nearest living thing and kill it.

Actually, any boxing documentary usually gets me going.
bigbubbano23
5/11/08 1:07:46PM
def rocky 4 or any bruce lee movie
seanfu
5/11/08 2:13:31PM
WHAA! no love for Bloodsport!
iwannabesedated
5/11/08 3:00:28PM
You got served
Drumline
Bring it on
Bring it on 2

These movie make me wanna dance and cheer..Rah Rah Rah..HAHA
tdietel01
5/11/08 7:05:19PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i wish i could prop you for Vision Quest...but love spreading must be done first... "I'm not even really an Indian man..."

But for me, Remember the Titans does the trick. it is a mix of the inspiration put forth by Denzel Washington and the message of brotherhood that gets me pumped for football season. Friday Night Lights is another one that makes you train for a State Title every year.

good call!! probably the 2 best football movies ever made
DLPark91TH
5/11/08 8:17:32PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

You got served
Drumline
Bring it on
Bring it on 2

good call but you forgot a few
Honey
Crossover
Never Back Down...NEVER BACK DOWN FTW
SpiderSilva
5/11/08 8:37:06PM
The Program holy f*ck when their in spring training and the coach want to see snot bubbles

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

make me want to slam someone
NatedawgThaM
5/13/08 8:14:45PM
-Undisputed(Wesley Snipes, Ving Rhames)
-Raging Bull(Jake Lamotta documentary staring Robert De Niro)
-Ali(Will Smith, James Toney played Joe Fraizer)
-Rocky 3(MR. T GETS ME PUMPED!)
-Or any other Rocky Movie for that matter
-Cradle 2 The Grave(DMX, Jet Li, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture)

THEY ALL BUMP ME UP!!!
Raykill
5/14/08 1:19:39AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Vision Quest.......... Greatest wrestling Movie of all time

kaskd
5/14/08 6:28:06PM

Posted by DLPark91TH

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

You got served
Drumline
Bring it on
Bring it on 2

good call but you forgot a few
Honey
Crossover
Never Back Down...NEVER BACK DOWN FTW

Man, did you forget Step Up?! Not to mention Step Up 2. The greatest sequel of all time. Then there's Stick It, the crossover genius. Bringing the dance vibe popularity to the world of competitive gymnastics.

I mean, what? I like women. I promise.
FeelTheJoy
5/16/08 1:50:45AM
300 by far