Movie of UFC champion Jose Aldo’s life story headed to the big screen

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Movie of UFC champion Jose Aldo’s life story headed to the big screen
Budgellism
10/28/11 9:57:07AM
"The Hammer," the major motion picture that tells the life story of former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight Matt Hamill, is set to open this weekend at select theatres. The movie depicts the life of the Utica, N.Y., native and how he has faced challenges as a deaf athlete from his childhood in Loveland, Ohio, to the Octagon.

Now, another UFC fighter will have a movie made about his trials and tribulations on his road to mixed martial arts (MMA) stardom, as it has been revealed that featherweight champion Jose Aldo will be the focus of a new movie set to come out in 2012.

According to Tatame.com, "Vale Tudo" -- the title for the proposed project -- is still being written, meaning the details such as cast and set locations are still being considered. Though information about the movie is sketchy at this point, the man selected to portray the UFC featherweight champion has been confirmed.

Brazilian actor Malvino Salvador will portray Aldo in what the actor says is a similar story to the one he experienced:

"There're two motivations for this movie. Aldo born in the same city I did, so we're in the same tune. Second, he left Manaus to another state, went through many things like I did, built a career and today is one of the best fighters in the world."

LINK
Cooler
10/28/11 11:27:45AM
I wonder if they are going to show the violent event in the grill that his sisters push him into, and the word is he forgives them, he must have pretty think skin, literally.
FastKnockout
10/28/11 12:07:39PM
I want to know the story behind the scar on his face.
Cooler
10/28/11 12:37:20PM

Posted by FastKnockout

look one post above yours
machodog76
10/28/11 12:51:58PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Mean sisters and a BBQ pit.
FastKnockout
10/28/11 12:56:06PM
That's what happened? Damn.
hashyandy4
10/28/11 1:29:57PM
I would actually pay 2 see this 4 sure
KungFuMaster
10/28/11 2:10:02PM
I hope it's not a low budget movie.
prophecy033
10/28/11 2:38:04PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Chael_Sonnen
10/28/11 2:59:52PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Straight to video.
Dberntson
10/28/11 3:20:40PM
The Smashing Machine is the best MMA fighter movie out there. All of these new MMA films - (Which I have not seen yet) should all use that one as a measuring stick.