Moves you would like to see more of in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Moves you would like to see more of in MMA
Wolfenstein
11/6/08 5:23:47PM
I'd like to see more front kicks and side kicks. Maybe some calf slicer and bicep slicer attempts. I would also love to see someone try and pull off a straight jacket.

What are some moves you guys would like to see more of?
SpiderSilva
11/6/08 5:30:42PM
the nipple tweak its only a matter of time before it loses
cmb19932
11/6/08 5:36:46PM
but for real firemans carries
jiujitsufreak74
11/6/08 5:38:01PM
im totally with you on the straight kicks. more people should take after Cung Le on how he implements them in his fighting style. the thing is that in order to develop such devastating side kicks, you have to have an extensive background in martial arts like Cung or be a karate fighter, however, karate fighters in MMA use their straight kicks more so for separation and throwing their opponent off balance.

i personally would love to see more axe kicks and front chokes
DCRage
11/6/08 5:38:02PM
Gogoplatas! Other than that I'd say some more of the lesser-seen/known submission holds like CB Dollaway's Peruvian Neck Tie.
dannyfrank
11/6/08 5:45:38PM
the five point palm exploding heart technique
mkiv9secsupra
11/6/08 5:50:41PM
Has anyone else noticed a whole lot less pulling guard? Its seems like fighters either shoot for the take down or try to reverse a td with a judo throw to get opponents to the mat. No more pulling guard.

Other than that, more flying knees. You can never have too many of those!!!
higdon10
11/6/08 6:00:21PM
Flying Triangles
jiujitsufreak74
11/6/08 6:02:43PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Has anyone else noticed a whole lot less pulling guard? Its seems like fighters either shoot for the take down or try to reverse a td with a judo throw to get opponents to the mat. No more pulling guard.

i think that the reason fro that is because judges like Cecil peoples automatically assume you are winning the fight if you are on top of your opponent. it is sad to see, but that is just a by-product of American culture. if rounds were more commonly given to the guy who did the most work or was the most active (whh it is supposed to be) then you would see more guard pulls.

btw, i think Krystoff pulls guard in the next TUF episode, at least that's what it looks like from the preview

oh, and my boy Aoki is a fan of pulling guard as well

Posted by higdon10

Flying Triangles

watch Aoki vs Clay French
higdon10
11/6/08 6:06:48PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74
i think that the reason fro that is because judges like Cecil peoples automatically assume you are winning the fight if you are on top of your opponent. it is sad to see, but that is just a by-product of American culture. if rounds were more commonly given to the guy who did the most work or was the most active (whh it is supposed to be) then you would see more guard pulls.

Very good point. I agree completley.
grappler0000
11/6/08 6:54:20PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

btw, i think Krystoff pulls guard in the next TUF episode, at least that's what it looks like from the preview

I tend to agree, but I also think it boils down to people being more well rounded. Unless a fighter has a huge advantage with JJ, I don't think pulling guard outweighs the risk of getting GnP'd or losing a round.

As far as it happening, Filho at least attempted last night...and Torres still does it on a regular basis.
Bowen50
11/6/08 7:10:55PM

Posted by DCRage

Gogoplatas! Other than that I'd say some more of the lesser-seen/known submission holds like CB Dollaway's Peruvian Neck Tie.

i'd love to see some more unorthadox submissions, especially gogoplatas. i'd also like so see someone actually finish a fight with a omoplata for once.
loller90278
11/6/08 7:34:49PM
to be dead honest, and most people would disagree with me here:

i think vera's push kick to jardine's knee was straight bad ass. i'd like to see more of that
dannyfrank
11/6/08 7:41:09PM

Posted by loller90278

to be dead honest, and most people would disagree with me here:

i think vera's push kick to jardine's knee was straight bad ass. i'd like to see more of that

i thought it was a great technique
juanez13
11/6/08 9:15:36PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I tend to agree, but I also think it boils down to people being more well rounded. Unless a fighter has a huge advantage with JJ, I don't think pulling guard outweighs the risk of getting GnP'd or losing a round.

As far as it happening, Filho at least attempted last night...and Torres still does it on a regular basis.

agree, the main reason that less people pull guard is because BJJ defense has gotten so much better than its harder for them to get a sub.

But as you said, guys with a huge JJ advantage do this all the time. Guys like Maia, Nogueira, Aoki, Lister pull guard in alot of their fights, mainly because having the disadvantage in the wrestling department.
juanez13
11/6/08 9:24:12PM
Inside low kicks and low kicks in general-> The reason most people dont do it is because of the fear of being taken down, but as Alves has showed otherwise. Damaging the legs takes away from the takedown ability, and explosive power (so cant generate alot of power from punches , kicks). Also disrupts the timing, as Alves showed throwing a quick inside low kick, followed by a strike (straight left for him) is very efficient, when guys are hurting the leave themselves open when they shoot. Throwing a strike followed by a low kick also reduces the chances of being taken down (strike makes them cover up, leaves the legs open for attack)

Front chokes -> i think they are underused, chokes like an anaconda off a sprawl is very effective IMO.

artofdefense
11/7/08 3:50:01PM
Standing elbow combinations, keylocks mostly
king_katool
11/7/08 3:53:32PM

Posted by juanez13

Front chokes -> i think they are underused, chokes like an anaconda off a sprawl is very effective IMO.

right on the money, i have no clue why the anaconda choke is not used more often i find myself yelling at the TV for it at least 3-4 times a card, yet i cant remember the last time i seen it used
bls1919
11/7/08 6:59:55PM
THE FLYING KNEE!!!!! ala Irvin vs Martin