Mousasi opens as four digit favorite over Latifi

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mousasi opens as four digit favorite over Latifi
FastKnockout
4/2/13 9:16:36PM
In an absolute shocker, Gegard Mousasi opens as a monumental favorite against his new UFC on Fuel 9 opponent Ilir Latifi.

Link
sparky
4/2/13 9:36:44PM
Thats Bananas
kopower
4/2/13 9:39:07PM
hotrodttt
4/2/13 10:27:08PM
He's going to crush him, sort of freak show-ish imo. That's like Ninja replacing Shogun to fight Johnny Bones lol
Lungsofsteel
4/2/13 10:35:57PM
Anyone interested in doing an av bet this event i've got Easton, Kuiper and Garza. I haven't done one for a few events. Send me a offer if you're interested.
jay98107
4/3/13 1:42:00AM

Posted by kopower

Last time I saw odds like this (that I remember) was Lil Nog/Sokodjou. And we all know what happened there.
george112
4/3/13 2:08:55AM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kopower

Last time I saw odds like this (that I remember) was Lil Nog/Sokodjou. And we all know what happened there.

Kpro
4/3/13 2:47:17AM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kopower

Yeah, since that fight, I think Cole Konrad came closest to the big 20 to 1 mark at around -1500 for his last fight against Prindle. No one should realistically be 20-1 ever in MMA and after that Sokodjou fight, may never be agaain. Matt Hamill beat Jon Jones ffs.
Poor_Franklin
4/3/13 5:06:49AM

Posted by hotrodttt

He's going to crush him, sort of freak show-ish imo.

agreed, but i'd rather see Mousasi fight a nobody than fight nobody at all

aussiemma
4/3/13 6:12:28AM
Other guy has the name sledge hammer and is very short for a lhw at 5'8. I'm guessing he will come out with bombs and if he doesn't connect will probably gas in a couple of minutes and mousasi will get the early finish.
pmoney
4/3/13 7:42:30AM
I seem to remember watching some tape of Latifi before his fight with Jorge Oliveira. Kind of a Karlos Vemola type of wrestler if I recall, with a little better striking. This should be an interesting one, but yeah those odds are out of whack
Goatenstein
4/3/13 7:45:47AM
Didn't Dana declare after the string of injuries a while back that he'd always have a guy on weight and ready to step in for main events? No one should be angry with Latifi for taking the chance of a lifetime.
Bubbles
4/3/13 9:19:33AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kopower

Yeah, since that fight, I think Cole Konrad came closest to the big 20 to 1 mark at around -1500 for his last fight against Prindle. No one should realistically be 20-1 ever in MMA and after that Sokodjou fight, may never be agaain. Matt Hamill beat Jon Jones ffs.

Wasn't Rousey vs Carmouche up there?
Kpro
4/3/13 9:21:24AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Kpro

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kopower

Wasn't Rousey vs Carmouche up there?

Ohh, probably, good call. I always discount Rousey fights for some reason when I'm thinking of odds because she's always up there every fight.
tallica62
4/3/13 11:18:21AM
this is just such an odd move by the UFC...time to bet on LAtifi
Kpro
4/3/13 6:15:38PM
I wonder how much money it took collectively on Latifi to swing the line from -2000 to -1200 and even -800 on some sites for Mousasi in less than 24 hours. Grab it while it's unreasonable, but damn that was a quick swing.
bjj1605
4/4/13 12:42:45AM
If I bet money, I would have bet too.

Gonzaga over Cro Cop. Soko over Nog. Randy over Big Tim. Forrest over Shogun Tito over Bader. Serra over GSP.

Its times like this that the MMA gods like to screw with people.
sbulldavid
4/4/13 9:09:18PM
This is the oddest headliner ever, two fighters making there UFC debut, and Mousassi is well known with the hardcore fans but not well known by the casual fans, an even more important fight for Gegard than Gustaffson. I'm banking on this guy being the type of fighter the UFC expects to come out swinging and turn Gegard into their next Glover.